Chapter 4

Slow Love

"I asked where were you, Sooyoung-unnie." Seohyun demanded, breathing out of her nose. Sooyoung couldn't answer, her whole being in shock. Even the remaining members that were in the dining room didn't utter a sound. 

"I was out with a friend, Joohyun-ah." Sooyoung answered quietly. The tallest member looked down, not wanting to meet Seohyun's eyes. There was another moment of silence when Sooyoung finally spoke again. 

"Mianhae, Joohyun-ah." Sooyoung looked up to face Seohyun. She was surprised when Sooyoung felt arms being wrapped around her.

Seohyun was hugging her.

Sooyoung hesitated for a bit and finally returned the hug. She couldn't help herself and inhaled the maknae's scent. They were still embracing when Seohyun finally spoke.

"I was worried about you. How come you always come home late?" Seohyun whispered. 

"Both of you should be going to sleep now."

Seohyun and Sooyoung turned their heads seeing their leader and members behind her. They pulled away from the hug and Sooyoung hoped that the members didn't a wrong impression of them hugging."Mianhae, unnie. I was very worried about Sooyoung-unnie not coming home. I'll be going to my room now." Seohyun bowed and left the room.

 

..

 

"What's going on with you and the maknae, Soo?" Taeyeon said calmly, her arms crossed her chest. The eight members moved to the living room and Sooyoung was the center of attention.

Sooyoung was about to speak and was interrupted by Hyoyeon. "I thought you were getting over her, Sooyoung."

"Hyo, let her talk." Jessica defended her roommate.

"It takes time, but I know I'm slowly getting over her. I still care about her...in a way I care about all of you. You are my sisters." Sooyoung felt like what she confessed was forced, knowing it was what her members wanted to hear.

"Please have faith in me." Sooyoung looked down and waited for her members' responses.

"We believe you, Sooyoung." Taeyeon was the first to respond back. "But know that we will be keeping an eye on you."

Sooyoung nodded her head, "I understand." After their conversation, members started to go to their respected rooms. Luckily, all the members had a day off and could sleep in.

 

Sooyoung changed her clothes, brushed her teeth, and was ready to go to sleep. Before going to sleep, Sooyoung wanted to Facetime someone on her iPhone. On the third ring, they picked up.

 

“Hey what took you so long, baby?”

 

“Sorry, babe. I was talking to my members and they were wondering why I was late coming back from the dorm.” Sooyoung said quietly and let out a yawn. The girl on the other side let out a tired laugh.

 

“We really need to get some sleep, Youngie.”

 

“How can I ever get sleep when you’re always on my mind?” Sooyoung smirked.

 

“Aigoo, flirting with me at this hour? Choi Sooyoung you are becoming crazy.”

 

“Crazy for you!” Sooyoung responded sleepily. “We should really be getting some sleep though, both of us have been losing sleep.”

 

“How about this? We should get some sleep but continue to Facetime each other.”

 

Sooyoung let out a tired laugh and rubbed her eyes, “Sounds good to me. And that’s another reason for me to wake up in the morning”

 

“Goodnight, Youngie. Chu~”

 

“Good Morning my love, Chu” Sooyoung replied back. When her counterpart was soon fast asleep and it brought a sleep-deprived smile to Sooyoung’s face. Sooyoung loved watching her fall asleep and listen to her soft snores.

 

When Sooyoung looked at her, she was no longer tired. Sooyoung’s eyelids began to feel heavy and was falling asleep.

 

“Chu.”

 

It was the last thing Sooyoung said before going to sleep.


 

..

 

Seohyun awoke to pots and pans of someone making breakfast. She let out yawn and sat up straight from her bed. She went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and to brush her hair, wanting to look decent for her unnies.

 

Entering the living room, she greeted her awake unnies,” Good morning, unnies.” The members greeted their maknae and went on making breakfast or watching the television. She noticed that out of her unnies, Jessica and Sooyoung were the only ones missing. Seohyun grabbed a book she was currently reading and took a spot on the couch, wanting to get some reading done.

 

Seohyun couldn’t focus.

 

She wanted to wake up Sooyoung.

 

Getting up, she put her book down and went to Sooyoung and Jessica’s room. Seohyun opened the door quietly.

 

“Good morning, my love.” Sooyoung mumbled in her sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Seohyun will find out Sooyoung's talking to in the next chapter! Feel free to drop a comment~ Thank you for reading!