1

You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was another boring day for Luhan.

He came to school, listened to the teachers and came to the library on break time.

He was a no one.

No one really knew him.

He didn’t really have friends.

Well, maybe he had one, Do Kyungsoo, the nerd from his class.

They became the library buddies since the first year—they are in the second year of high school now.

They never hangout, Kyungsoo was the nerd, nerd didn’t do hangout.

And Luhan himself didn’t want to admit the fact that he was a nerd too. With his neatly combed hair, thick glasses, neatly tucked in uniform, and library as his favorite place, he was a nerd. Didn’t wanna seem so miserable, Luhan tried to make some friends. Well, he tried his luck with the school’s kingka, Kai. Who didn’t know him? He was so cool and everyone liked him.

“And if I can get to be Kai’s friend, imagine how cool I can be.” Luhan thought.

Luhan then imagined himself being Kai’s friend.

When they came to the cafeteria, those students just started screaming their names, giving them the best place and sending them the love. Ahh but his imagination had to be crushed down by the bitter reality.

“Are you kidding me? What are you even doing here?” Kai was so shocked to find Luhan sat down beside him at the cafeteria.

“I want to be your friend, man.” Luhan said, tried to act cool.

Kai and his friends laughed so hard.

“Sorry, buddy. I don’t be friend a nerd!”

And just like that, Luhan was shoved away from Kai’s table.

Luhan then back to his nerdy self.

He sat alone—“well, not really alone if you count all those students and books in the library.” Luhan thought. Kyungsoo was in the class with his new friend—Baekhyun. Kyungsoo was not really that close to Luhan, so Luhan didn’t really care. But it made him a loner. And luhan didn’t really want to make any new friends, not so soon at least.

 

 

Luhan remembered when his mother asked him about his friends.

 

Flashbacks :

 

It was a dinner with his mom, his dad was late and his mom had to bring up about friends.

“I have friends, mom.”

“You do? Who are they?”

“Kyungsoo. My best friend is Kyungsoo, and there is also, hmm... Kyungsoo. Yeahh. And have I mentioned Kyungsoo? Ohh and don’t forget Kyung—“

“See?? I know that you don’t have friends, Luhan.”

“I do. I have a friend.”

“A friend? Are you kidding me? I have the entire school wanted to be my friends back in high school, Lu.” Luhan’s mother said.

Luhan ducked his head down to stare at his dinner.

“Go make some friends, Lu. This is high school. This is the time for you to have some fun. Just don’t get yourself into troubles.”

“I know. It’s not my fault that they just don’t get me.”

“Then what makes they don’t get you?”

“I don’t know. I just don’t know what they think about. Like playing basketball, hanging out and dating are cool.”

“Aww come on, Lu. You know that’s cool.”

“Still, I go to school to study, okay?”

“And weekend to hide yourself in your room?”

“I like to be in my room.”

“Ahh.. Just go out some time, okay? You make me worry.” Luhan’s mom patted his back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter