chapter three.

Last Romeo

hello guys... I hope you don't mind the length, because it's long (5514 words....) compared to my chapters usually. anyhow, please enjoy~?

 


 

chapter three.
.

 

The lobby of the building had already explained him quite a lot about Donghae’s family lifestyle before the elevator had taken them to the 21st floor. The black marble floor gleamed without a single stain on it, and all the doors along the hallway had digital locks that had little blue screens welcoming you in when the correct series of numbers was tapped down.

Donghae went in first. The red head came right behind him, eyes taking a look of his new surroundings. The sun had already set down, so the apartment was only bathing in darkness until Donghae’s fingers reached for the switch obviously by a habit. Hyukjae strolled after the boy, who left his branded sneakers lying around the hallway, hung his jacket on the hook of the clothing racket and made his way more into the house he lived in. It was almost as the red head had expected the male to live like; big, spacious and expensive apartment condominium what seemed to have been decorated mostly with modern, western style furniture and simple, black and white color scheme. It was obvious that they had some kind of a housekeeper, and that his parents were probably working a lot because it was so clean everywhere. The sight gave him clear hints about what Donghae’s life actually was.

They had money. But did they have anything else besides it?

“Well,” Donghae suddenly started talking with an awkward cough, eyes hammered on Hyukjae who was still observing his surroundings quietly. “I guess we should go to my room. If you want something to drink or you’re hungry, just grab something for yourself from the kitchen...”

His classmate didn’t even spare another look at his guest before he went on. The one with the glasses still on his nose followed, expecting Donghae to be going ahead towards the kitchen. It seemed to be so when he arrived at the opening where you would see the living room from it and other way around.

Once the brunet had gotten a bottle of Cola for himself, he decided to take one too, since Donghae seemed to be indifferent about Hyukjaes decision. When he opened the fridge, he immediately took a note of the fact that there wasn’t much anything in it. There were mostly just some daily necessaries and soft drinks, and few boxes of contained meals. When he closed the fridge’s door, Hyukjae realized that Donghae had already disappeared towards the stairs at the end of the short hallway, when he found himself alone in the kitchen colored with black and red . He wasn’t sure what to think about of all these revelations, although he had subconsciously assumed something like this from the very beginning. The guy seemed to have everything he needed, yet he easily knew something was missing. He just didn’t know what.

But he would find out.

 

 

The brunet sat down on a swivel armchair next to his desk when Hyukjae arrived into the room a minute later. Donghae’s eyes followed how the guy dumped his backpack on top of his bed while the almond orbs behind the dark glasses kept observing his surroundings. However, he couldn’t prevent his eyes darting to the male’s arms when Hyukjae only had this short sleeved shirt on him anymore. He was always so easily mesmerized by the sight when every time he looked at the tattoos it seemed like all the hidden images popped out for him to finally gaze at. Donghae bit his lip, hard, when all sense seemed to disappear out of his head with a puff of white smoke when Hyukjae was there like that; so close but still entirely untouchable. He didn’t even take a note of the carton box on top his desk..

Hyukjae wasn’t amazed because of all the things in Donghae’s room he could never afford at least at this time of his life. But it didn’t go unnoticed how plain his room was, and how there weren’t much personal belongings on display. He turned his eyes towards the owner of the room, and the table where he saw the camera box.

Donghae clicked his tongue, eyes definitely asking ‘what now’.

The red head then stood up and walked closer, and Donghae’s eyebrows furrowed down. Only when Hyukjae lifted up the item he realized that it had to be the new camera his father had promised to get for him. He hadn’t even remembered the whole thing when his head had been so goddamn occupied with the whole matter of doing a project with Hyukjae.

Hyukjae turned the box on his hands with questioning look over his face. “You haven’t even opened this?” It definitely wasn’t the cheapest SLR in the stores, but a good one even a more experienced photographer could have used. As in he could have used that. He gave a glance to Donghae on the chair who instantly gazed back at him with a new-found curiosity.

“I just got it,” Donghae grunted, swinging around a tad nervously on his chair. “My dad must have brought it here while I was at school.”

Almost rolling his eyes he handed the box down to its rightful owner.

“Do you seriously even photograph except for this project?”

It wasn’t hard to notice the little scowl from his face. “I can start now,” he grumbled with annoyance.

“Of course... You really even don’t and your father got you this. Should have known. Sorry for asking,” Hyukjae retorted with a slightly criticizing look.

Did this guy always get everything he wanted just by asking?

“Really now?”

Donghae gave him a judgemental look, but he ignored it. When it came clear to him that he wasn't going to say more, the brunet opened the box on his lap and started to unravel his new toy.

Donghae gave him an annoyed glare, but he ignored it. Hyukjae twiddled a pen between his fingers which he had snatched from the boy’s table, eyes hammered to it whilst waiting for something to happen. However, when his companion had been occupied with the digital camera for few minutes, he had started to get impatient. But for his surprise Donghae succeeded to open his mouth before he was able to utter a single word about his boredom.

“So, what are we going to do?”

The red haired put down the ballpoint pen from his fingers. “Well. The childhood pictures would be okay to start with,” he thought out loud, “Hopefully you have some photos we can actually recreate. I’ll take your pictures today, and some other day you take mine, okay?”

“Okay,” Donghae said with a nod, placing his new camera back on the table and standing up in attempt to think clearer. He hadn’t seen any photos in a while, and he wasn’t even sure where they were stored. With a scratch on his golden brown hair, he memorized seeing some albums in the shelves in their living room. He wasn’t sure though, but it was better than nothing. “I think we might have some downstairs...”

 

 

“This is uncomfortable.”

“Just keep your face against the table,” Hyukjae said casually while a small grin was spread on his lips when he searched for the right angle through the camera’s viewfinder. They had found few of Donghae’s childhood pictures, and they had taken some of them for testing how they would actually look like. Like Hyukjae had mentioned a short while ago, it was better to take extra pictures so they would eventually only need to choose from the best they’d come up with.

This certain picture was one where Donghae had been approximately four years old, fallen asleep on the dinner table while eating his supper that consisted of sorts of sugary cereals. That had been a photo Hyukjae had actually snickered at, which had only caused the brunet to punch his arm.

“You just enjoy humiliating me,” Donghae grumbled, trying to keep his head on the right position although he was already pretty frustrated because of the whole project even though Hyukjae was a natural photographer and only happened to take good pictures.

“Maybe. No, yes,” the red head said, humming. “Close your eyes,” he continued softly, surprising the other, but Donghae obeyed, soon hearing how the camera clicked again.

“Please tell me it was the last one...” Donghae groaned.

Hyukjae checked the picture, chuckling to himself. It was almost identical, when Donghae had even found a t-shirt pretty similar in color compared to the photo from the past.

Till now, they had pretty much only tried to get at least something done. It wasn’t the easiest things to do, anyhow, when they weren’t exactly agreeing about quite a few subjects. Donghae wasn’t even sure why they had ended up at his place in the end. Hyukjae had pretty much insisted, because the boy had said that he would have to really look for some photos from his childhood since there weren’t so many he was aware of. Not that Donghae had such a countless amount either, at least after he’d turned twelve years old. But evidently his photos were better than nothing for now, although he didn’t really feel comfortable while being the one photographed of.

He wasn’t sure what to feel at this point though. He tried to remain his cold and snarky attitude, but for his huge surprise, there was something about Hyukjae that calmed him down. He for sure acted aloof, and usually ended up bickering about something, or scowling to the red head. While trying to focus on the pictures, he had almost been able to ignore the uncomfortable fluttering inside him until the tattooed male happened to do something that caught his entire attention.

He had started to really get frustrated and slightly nervous again. He had lowered his shield, and he didn’t like it. He felt vulnerable with Hyukjae.

Slowly getting annoyed, Donghae raised his head from the table, and in the exact moment he saw and heard how the shutter was released and one more photo was taken.

“Why’d you take that?” he inquired, frowning when he knew that it wouldn’t be anything like the one they were trying to copy.

“Just for fun. You looked funny,” Hyukjae muttered with a little sheepish smile, eyes focused back on the cameras digital screen.

“Jeez... I don’t understand why I did choose a photography class...” the brunet grunted, turning his eyes away from the guy with the digital camera on his hands, although he kept stealing glances of him.

However, Donghae almost jumped on his chair when he heard how a key was turned in their front door’s lock. The door opened shortly after that, and Donghae felt himself getting edgy when he understood that it had to be another of his parents. The nervousness was instantly back, and he couldn’t stop thinking that there shouldn’t be no-one coming home this early. He heard the shuffles and a clack coming from the hallway when clothes were put into the wardrobe and shoes left neatly beside the other ones. A light between the hallway and the kitchen was switched on at the same time the footsteps neared the kitchen and the dining room next to it.

His thoughts were so glued into the matter of someone being home that he didn’t notice the raised eyebrow of his ‘friend’ and the tilt of his head when Hyukjae observed his pair staring towards the doorway in-between the separate rooms.

“Is someone home—“, the low, a bit tired kind of a voice of a middle-aged man pealed to their ears, until the man peeked into the room in case someone would have forgotten to turn off the lights. “Oh, Donghae,” the man noted, eyes rather wide than usual.

“Hi, dad,” Donghae answered, and Hyukjae noticed the slight waver in its tone.

Hyukjae looked at the boy’s father and his son questioningly, almost like he was waiting for the man’s reaction to his appearance, and Donghae’s reaction to his father’s. However, the man with already a tad grizzled hair seemed to be a bit baffled of the fact there was someone accompanying his son. The red head took a calm breath, fixing the glasses on the bridge of his nose while waiting. It took a few seconds to the man to collect himself.

“Well, hello,” the man in a collared shirt and black trousers said politely, though Hyukjae didn’t miss the calculating look on his tired face. “I’m Donghae’s father. And you are...?”

Without giving it a second thought, he stood up from the armchair he’d been sitting on and greeted Donghae’s father with sufficiently deep bow. He knew how to act with adults, or with people overall when he wanted.

“Lee Hyukjae. I’m a classmate of Donghae.”

Donghae still seemed to be lingering on the edge; not knowing how his dad or Hyukjae would act with each other. He knew his father was quite conservative and disapproving towards anything exceptional and Hyukjae was the perfect example of a such person who went at his own discretion without caring about the opinions of the crowd. He just hoped they wouldn’t clash, and his father wouldn’t start asking any more questions. Needless to say, he opened his mouth to take his dad’s attention away from Hyukjae.

“Dad, how come—” he glanced at the tattooed boy across the table, “you’re home already? Didn’t you say you’ll be working late till your trip...?”

And as Donghae had wished, the obviously some sort of business man turned his look back to his son. His facial expression didn’t change much, but if Hyukjae knew anything, the gaze had changed just enough for him to see it.

So Donghae’s father did still have a soft spot for his son, despite the matter how work-oriented and stern he seemed to be.

“They canceled a meeting, so I got off earlier.”

“Oh.”

However, the mans attention was back to Hyukjae sooner than Donghae had thought or hoped, and no one could have missed the look that the tattooed boy really wasnt someone the adult could have really looked up to. Yet it wasnt straightforward hate either, probably because one really shouldnt judge a book by its cover.  “You’re working on the photography project, am I right?”

“Yes,” Hyukjae answered confidently, ignoring the horrified look on his pair’s eyes. The man wouldn’t eat him alive, wouldn’t he? It almost amused him how jittery Donghae was about him being there. He wasn’t surprised that much though, to be honest. His parents had been workaholics too, and the relationship between the children and parents had always been superficial, at least to the point when Hyukjae was still allowed around.

Donghae swallowed, staring at the one with the dark rimmed glasses and the evident tattoos along his arms. He tried to calm down and relax, but his father’s presence made it really hard to even breathe properly. If it wasn’ for the first impression, his father might have actually accepted him like his other friends, Sungmin or Kyuhyun.

Then his father opened his mouth again, catching his son unaware with his truly unexpected question to Hyukjae.

“Do you want to stay for dinner?”

 

 

Donghae definitely wasn’t up for this .

The idea had been that they could have gotten something about the photographing done. He hadn’t been expecting anything big, because for a fact, they didn’t get along so perfectly to understand each other’s thoughts about, well, anything. Second, either of his parents shouldn’t have been coming home this early – yet just half an hour later, his mother had also appeared, telling that one of her clients had called to inform that they had gotten sick.

It wouldn’t have bothered him at all if it wasn’t for Hyukjae who had actually agreed to stay for the dinner. In fact it could have been okay without him.

Now Donghae was panicking, because he knew what his parents were like. At least usually. They were work-driven people who had certain rules to live by; a) you should get good grades and strive for a well-paying job that would tell others that you were one of those admired and successful people, b) you should definitely look normal; although it would be a good thing to spend a lot of many for your appearance so people would think about the same reason as told before, c) to marry a pretty girl and have a kid or two, and focus on keeping the perfect, unbreakable façade twenty-four-seven.

And you should definitely not get any tattoos.

Or dye your hair red (if you were a male).

Or admit you’re actually gay.

Put it briefly; certainly not to be like Hyukjae (nevertheless if he had a thing for guys or not).

It had already been an hour since his mother had come home and forty-five minutes from the time the woman had started to cook the certain dinner for them.

Donghae had retreated back into his room with Hyukjae immediately when it had been possible. He had tried to ignore the nagging voice inside his head that it would have been best to send the red head home instead of letting him stay, but since he had already agreed to his father it wasn’t possible.

What annoyed him too, was Hyukjae’s behavior.

Of course, the guy had noticed how uncomfortable he was with the situation, and Hyukjae had started to distress him about it.

“Are you really so ashamed of me, Donghae?” he asked, browsing through the taken photos from his laptop. There were few that seemed good for the project, after all.

Donghae sat on his bed, body rigid and leg agitatedly shaking against the floor. His expression was like he could have seen a ghost.

“You really don’t know my parents.”

“I know how to behave; I’m not a sixteen year old rebel teen,” Hyukjae scoffed back at him, clicking the pictures and taking in the sight of peacefully ‘sleeping’ Donghae in one of the photos.

“You’re not really far from being that.”

“It doesn’t mean that I’m reckless just because I’m different,” he snapped, drilling holes in the other’s figure.

“Well—“

“Donghae! The dinner is ready!”

 

 

It was awkward to say at least. It wasn’t about the food; no, the guy’s mother wasn’t actually that bad of a cook for a woman that didn’t spend so much time at home in front of the stove. Even the silence was quite bearable, although all about it reminded Hyukjae of the times with his own family that had been pretty much alike. But at least, at his home everyone had been eating silently without focusing on anything else, until everyone had left for their own businesses. He had been used to that, and the directly disapproving looks if they ever even happened to eat at the same time due to his own parents’ lack of presence. He had had his sister to act normal with.

He could easily sense the tense atmosphere here now, when Donghae sat on the chair next to him and his parents opposite to them, trying to have some small talk because of the matter of being polite. And if he didn’t like something about people, it was the artificial nature of one. Donghae’s parents didn’t accept him, it was clear. They only let him be there because it would have been rude to do otherwise.

For his own good, he had learned to stay indifferent towards people who looked down on him. They didn’t know a single thing about him, yet they simply judged him right under their nose, clear for his quick-witted mind to pick on.

“Well, Hyukjae,” Donghae’s mother started, looking at him like he was an elephant in the porcelain store. “What is that you’re majoring in?”

“Digital arts.”

She hummed with a hint of contemplation if she should approve it not.

“What courses are you taking then?”

Hyukjae leaned more against the backrest of his chair, looking at the woman straight into the eyes without a hint of shame.

“3D graphics, graphic design, photography, web design – for example.” He focused back on his plate where he had some pretty well made beef, rice and variations of side dishes. He leaned against the table with his arm, but his elbows didn’t touch the table. He didn’t look at Donghae, but he could sense it from afar how unnerved he was. He hadn’t even eaten much anything. Hyukjae still couldn’t really grasp on the matter if it was really about him being there, or something entirely different. Maybe it was about them both; of Donghae spending some time with garbage like him, despite how much it was about the project only.

“Do graphic artist really get employment easily? How much is the pay?”

Clearly, it was easier to keep it business-like at least for his mother. Donghae’s father seemed to be writing work related emails with his smart phone though, so the man wasn’t much of a threat for him. Yet.

“It’s a fast-growing sector. And the pay can be really high if you get any name,” he answered casually. It wasn’t that bad, even.

“Is that so?”

“Your company would be nothing without a good advertisement. I might be doing that job someday.” He heard a hard swallow from his left, and felt a kick against his calf almost at the same moment. Donghae, Donghae... Why didn’t he let him talk? He might have been playing with fire a bit, but he didn’t care. People shouldn’t be the ones to judge when they knew nothing and just assumed things because they thought they knew everything about anything.

“Do you think employers will hire someone with so many tattoos? They must think about their image, too.” Her voice was icy and sharp, and the red haired was sure she wanted to make him feel bad about his...well, presence. But he didn’t. He had gone over that phase already.

“Mom,” Donghae suddenly cut in, “I think we’re ready—“, yet he was actually the one who got interrupted, when the ‘head of the table and the family’ as in Donghae’s father let out a cold, piquing scoff when he raised his eyes from the article he had been reading on his smart phone just a moment ago.

“Can you believe this?” he started with subsided anger. “One of the Korean world class swimmers just came out as gay. How dishonoring is that to our country? That is just sick. God, I can’t believe where this world is going. Disgusting. I would immediately fire that guy.”

Hyukjae froze. It reminded him so much of his own father, who had been talking similarly not even that long time ago.

“You sure are right, honey,” the woman with brownish hair said, shaking her head in disapprove.

The tattooed male clenched his fists and gritted his teeth, not being able to agree with those kinds of opinions at all.

“That doesn’t make them any less of a human,” he blurted without any filters.

“What are you saying, young man?” Mr. Lee asked sternly, eyes harder than they had ever been yet.

“I’m saying that people shouldn’t hate homouals just because they’re afraid of them! They have every same rights to be here as us—“, he had seriously started getting mad and he would argue about the matter till the—

“Thanks for the dinner, mom!” Donghae suddenly cut through, voice so not like him when he abruptly stood up although his plate wasn’t even near empty. He grabbed Hyukjae’s arm, ignoring the growl from the red head who would have really wanted to say few more words against Mr. Lee’s opinions. “We have things to do! The photos won’t take them by themselves, won’t they? Come on Hyukjae.”

“But I was just—“

“Come. Now.” Donghae was way too horrified to stay at the table anymore. Hyukjae had been only digging his own grave with his objections. His fingers tightly clasped around Hyukjae’s tattooed arm he pulled the male upstairs, head thudding in plain fear. He was horrified.

Hyukjae was clearly trying to squirm himself free, but Donghae’s sweaty hand wouldn’t let go.

 

 

“Were you out of your mind?!” Donghae raged, shaking.

Hyukjae didn’t give him much time to calm down after he pushed the guy into his room in a rush, being sure that the door to his room was carefully closed behind. Donghae was just catching his breath, starting to really get angry because Hyukjae had been so ing stupid for trying to pick a fight with his father.

“No. Now, tell me what you think.” Hyukjae’s hair color wasn’t the only thing fierce anymore when he suddenly turned around right in front of Donghae, leaving a mere dozen of centimeters between their bodies when he stared back into his eyes, daring.

“About what?” he hissed. His voice had almost betrayed him when it wasn’t so easy to look into those challenging, yet gorgeous single-lidded orbs which could have been the polluted night sky upon their city what he was actually gazing at despite the unnerving moment.

“About the subject you were too afraid to let me say what I was going to say,” Hyukjae retorted, raking the other male with his meaningful eyes and tilting his head just minimally to emphasize everything he was saying.

Donghae gritted his teeth, having the urge to turn his look away. When his heart was telling him something, his mind told him otherwise and it made him harden the expression over his face.

“I agree with my dad.”

The first answer he got was a sardonic scoff.

He couldn’t help but stare when the tattooed boy his lips like he was trying to restrain himself from saying something, yet it caused an unwanted reaction in him because it was so hot although he shouldn’t have thought anything like that especially in their situation at the moment.

“You say that despite the fact that your eyes are telling me a bit different kind of story...” The red head’s voice was low and huskier than usually, and Donghae started thinking if the guy was really trying to set him off with that or if he was at least a bit considerate to keep his voice down.

Hyukjae wasn’t exactly sure what he was trying to achieve, but the simple look here now, and the other’s reaction to him and his father had been the biggest triggers for him so far. He hadn’t been sure about the reason why Donghae had been making it so clear that he didn’t like him, but after seeing the panicky behavior after his father’s speech, and when Hyukjae had said something completely opposite to the man’s opinion, he was quite sure why Donghae had gotten him intrigued.

He had been like that once in the past. He had been afraid too.

The golden brown haired had to bite his tongue to keep staying calm. He wanted to defend himself, but he wasn’t exactly sure what to say against Hyukjae – because he was so right. But he couldn’t confess something like that. He wanted to his problem to just go away. He didn’t want to acknowledge it at all.

Donghae’s breathing was already uneven and overheated when he took furious steps away from the red haired guy, stomping around in an attempt to answer something. “You don’t know anything!” he barked, taking a step back towards Hyukjae, but abruptly turning on his tracks. “You don’t know me or what I’m thinking of,” Donghae rambled, throwing angry glares towards the other male.

It made him insane how Hyukjae remained calm like that compared to him.

“Why are you getting so worked up then?”

“Because you can’t put words in my mouth!”

“But you’re lying,” Hyukjae snapped, his eyes starting to get fiercer because Donghae’s denial was simply annoying him. “I’m not an idiot, Donghae. You got nervous immediately when your father started that talk, and now you’re on the defensive side! What do you think that tells about you?”

“You’re not a ing mind reader!” The brunet was already near mad, but he tried to keep his voice down so their quarrel wouldn’t echo into his father’s ears. “I agree with my dad. Fags are disgusting,” he snarled with an ugly scowl on his face. He was frustrated, and inside he knew he wasn’t strong enough to argue about this for long. But Hyukjae still couldn’t keep saying things he knew nothing about...

“Your behavior makes me think the exact opposite!”

“Well screw you!” His body was already trembling in agitation, and Hyukjae’s meaningful look was destroying his walls brick by brick. “How’d you know? Aren’t your words making you look the gay one here?”

“So what?” the male with the tattoos said, and his face clearly told that although he was a bit offended, he was indifferent towards other people’s opinions about him. “I’m not so closed-minded to say that I could never like guys. What does it matter? It’s my life, and it’s not anyone else’s business who I like to with,” Hyukjae grumbled, flicking his hand to make his words clear.

“Why does my life seem to be your business now then?” Donghae was really trying to keep himself from screaming. It had already started to be too much, and he easily felt the lump inside his throat bigger than ever, and it only seemed to be growing. But there was no way that he could ever tell anyone.

“You remind me of someone.”

“What the hell does that have anything to do with me?!”

“Well you act exactly like me few years back! How could I not notice when you’re just denying yourself something that’s actually hell a big part of your identity?” the tattooed boy took few steps towards Donghae, grabbing his jaw between his thumb and index finger, making the other look like he was pursing his lips while scowling. Hyukjae stared intensively into his eyes, his own deep orbs evidently pissed, although flavored with a sense of sadness.

The other, who looked pretty normal by appearance in general – though there were those hints which Hyukjae had had a hunch of – glared back, giving an expression which appeared like dog’s which was going to bite if he would go much further. Hyukjae wanted to be rough enough to be able to actually initiate something in Donghae; to get him thinking about himself and who he really wanted to be. But he also knew he couldn’t go too far, or he might break the brunet if he wouldn’t watch his temper.

It was just that...that he knew what it was like.

He took a note of how the boy in front of him held his breath before he tried to wrench his jaw from Hyukjae’s grip, hissing.

“It still doesn’t make me the same as you!” He started to be so close to the edge that he didn’t even realize himself already shoving the other further away from him. The brunet was so enraged he didn’t acknowledge what kind of words he was letting out from his mouth either. “You don’t know a about me, Hyukjae. The fact that you’re one of those disgusting creatures doesn’t make me a one! Just... Get the hell away from me. I don’t care about the ing grade so can you just...” he didn’t even realize he had shoved Hyukjae against the door of his wardrobe so hard that he’d almost fallen down when he’d stumbled onto it. The reality seemed to be covered in the haze of all those emotions inside him which had been eating him for so long already.

Hyukjae couldn’t understand why he kept going when the other seemed to be so deep in his own defensive denial that he hadn’t even minded the few bottled-up tears streaming down to his jaw.

“ off,” Donghae said in a forcing manner.

“You still can’t see over your father’s opinions, can you?”

“Hyukjae. . Off.”

“Do you realize—“

Get the hell out of here!” Donghae shouted, eyes teary despite the fact he had been trying so hard to prevent them. But he didn't care anymore; he just wanted Hyukjae out of his sight.

“—that you’re crying,” he mumbled, getting his posture straight and grabbing his shoulder bag from the floor before taking a one fast glance of the fragile male staring at him with such a vicious expression, whole body tensed up and ready to use more radical options if he wouldn’t be smart enough to believe his words now.

“And don’t you dare to come back!”

It was the last thing Hyukjae heard before closing the door to Donghae’s room behind his back and exiting the house, wondering if it was normal to feel so heavy after that. He had only wanted to provoke him, but had he gone too far?

Well, he might have.

 

 

 


(I apologize for any stupid mistakes, it's 2:50am and I shoulde be sleeping already but I wanted to finish this T_T)

thanks for reading !!