Reasons, Dreams, and Awkward Beginnings

Lucky

 

Ann logged on to her Facebook account and waited for Fretzie to go online. They had a planned chat session today, hoping to catch up in each other's lives.

It was a Saturday afternoon, the day after the party, and Ann was just at home, because they were still fixing the furniture in the house.

 

She was reading her previous chat with Pierro just the night before. They had such a long conversation and there were no awkward spaces in between. It made her smile, knowing that she had met a new friend she could cherish, someone she instantly clicked with, someone who she could eventually trust.

A message box suddenly popped, it was Fretzie, Hey ANN!!

Ann smiled; she misses her best friend already.

Ann: Fretz! I miss you.  >:D<

Fretzie: Yea, me too! So, now can you tell me why you need to go to Taiwan?

 

She contemplated for a bit, before deciding to actually tell her the real reason.

Ann: You do know that I really really like skating and fashion, right?

Fretzie: Yes, and you're really good at both. Why?

Ann: Uhhhh...

Fretzie: What uuhh?


She was suspensing her.


Ann: I got a scholarship at Taipei Fashion Academy. I'll practice skating and join competitions as a representative of the college!

Ann was giddy when she was typing this. 

 

Fretzie: Really? Wow!!!!!! That's really great! 

Ann could just imagine her friend's reaction as she read her reply.

 

Ann: And it's just time because school still starts at March.

Fretzie: Oh.. You should've just left on February, so you could've still attended the Graduation Ball. 

Ann: But I needed to fix my papers, and practice my skating. But I wish that I could! <|3

Fretzie: Yeah, we can get to go to the ball together!

Ann: Yup! Hey Fretz, can you call James? 

 

She changed the topic.

 

Fretzie: Ok wait. What will I say?

Ann: Tell him i'm looking for him! haha. 

Fretzie did as told, tried calling James, but he wasn't answering. He ws probably still sleeping because of the party he had yesterday.

Fretzie: He's not answering the phone. He’s probably still sleeping..

Ann: He's still baby James.. hahaha. Fretz, you know Pierro, right?

Fretzie: Of course. I think he likes you! haha

 

Fretzie said the obvious.

 

Ann: How can you say that?

Fretzie: Lucky guess.. haha. But really, he was looking for you last night; he wanted to tell you something. But when he knew that you weren't at the party, his mood changed, then he disappeared. i think he went home.

Ann: Yea, about that.. We chatted last night. It was kinda embarrassing, actually.

Ann was unconsciously giggling at her seat.

Fretzie: YOU CHATTED? HERE?! What did you talk about? Spill!

Ann: hahahahahhaha. Let's just say it's a secret for now.

Fretzie: OMG. 

 

Suddenly, a new chat box popped out Ann's screen. It was Pierro.

Pierro: Ann?

 

Ann messaged Fretzie: Speaking of the devil, haha. He just chatted me right now.

Fretzie: Talk to him then tell me the details. haha. :P

 

Ann: Hey Pierro. :)

Pierro: Sleep well last night?

Ann: Yup, got a long sleep. How about you?

Pierro: I had a good dream, didn't even want to wake up.

Ann: About?

 

Pierro smiled as he typed, remembering vaguely the dream he had.

 

Pierro: Just..  Someone that I like.

Ann: Who?

 

Ann asked curiously, but he never answered.

 

Pierro: It's a secret.

Ann: Hmp. Give me clues, then?

Pierro: She's funny, and cheerful, and we have the same age. She's cute when she smiles and she has a good sense of fashion.

 

Obvious enough, Pierro was actually talking about Ann herself.

 

Ann: Hmm.. What was your dream about?

Pierro: It was the day of the graduation ball, and she was my date. I fetched her at her house and she wore a pretty dress and had simple make up. She was smiling at me, and then I gave her a bouquet.

Ann: Aww..

Pierro: Then I held her hand and said "Thank you for accepting me", and then she said, "Thanks for everything".  We were about to kiss, but I suddenly woke up.

Ann: HAHAHAHA. It was almost romantic, and then it got ruined at the end.

 

Ann chuckled as she typed.

 

Ann messaged Fretzie about what they were talking about. She was honestly feeling giddy inside.

Ann: He said he had a dream about a girl he likes. Then he said the girl is funny, and has a good sense of fashion. :">

Fretzie: I think he's talking about you.

 

Fretzie was being honest, no bias.

Ann: Let's not assume, hm?

Fretzie: But what do you think of him?

 

Ann opened the chat box of Pierro, scanning their previous messages to each other, what do I think of him? Do I like him? 

She suddenly began typing and suddenly pressed enter.

Ann: I think I like him. But let's see! hahaha. Keep quiet for now.

 

Her eyes widened to find out that she sent the message to the wrong person, and what's worse she accidentally sent it to Pierro himself.

"Oh no! Oh no. Oh noooooo! What will I do?" She panicked.

She made sure to open Fretzie's chat box then typed her messaged nervously.

Ann: Fretzieeee! Code red! I sent "I think I like him. But let's see! hahaha. Keep quiet for now." to Pierro when I was supposed to send it to you! Stupid stupid me! Huhu

Fretzie: Oh crap. Just be honest.. Say it's wrong sent.

 

Ann then sighed, opened Pierro's chat box then typed a reply.

Ann: Uhmm.. My previous message wasn't supposed to be sent to you. Sorry. T_T

Pierro: /:) Oh really? Or are you just making me jealous?

Ann: Nooo. I was supposed to send it to Fretzie. but I accidentally sent it to you.

She tried defending but in the end she was placed on the hot seat.

 

Pierro: Who do you like then?

Ann: It's also a secret. :P

Pierro: How about clues? I gave you clues..

Ann: He's courageous in telling his feelings, I thought he was shy at first, but ever since I got to know him, I always wanted to talk to him. 

Pierro: I think I know..

Pierro smirked.

 

 

"Did I give too much clues? Or am I just that easy to read?" She thought nervously.

 

Ann: Who?

Pierro: Secret. Because I might be wrong. 

Ann: Well. I gotta go, so you need to tell me now! :P

Pierro: Wont be telling..

Ann: Well then. Tell me who you like, then I’ll tell you who I like?

 

She tried negotiating. But Pierro was still contemplating.

 

Pierro: Uhh..

Pierro: You don't need to know who I like.

Ann: Why?

Pierro: Because I know you won't like me back. 

Pierro blurted out then at that moment, he went offline too.

 

 

 

ANN's POV

 

"Because I know you won't like me back", I kept reading his statement, rereading it over and over again in my mind. 

H-he likes me?

 

I thought he already knew that I liked, or maybe had a crush on him. But he thought it was about another guy?

 

 

PIERRO's POV

 

I think I should've not told her about how I feel just yet, because at this rate, she just might avoid me.

And maybe, her feelings for James were genuine. After all, I saw how her eyes twinkled every time she saw James.

I need to fix things. I hope she doesn't treat me coldly after this.

 

 

~~~~~

 

It was the Saturday night, and Ann was not in the mood to fix her stuff. She still worried about Pierro, and how he felt about her. 

"Why am I thinking about it too much? It's as if he told me he loves me, but no. He just likes me, and that could change anytime.." She thought endlessly.

"And why would he think I wouldn't like him back? He's really thoughtful. And it's my first time to be close to a guy that actually likes me." She continued.

 

 

She headed to the skating rink near their home to cool off her mind.

Whenever she skated, she'd forget about the world and focused how she danced gracefully through the ice.

She had worn her mittens and ear pods. Placed her earmuffs in place, then wore her figure skates then stepped on the cool rink.

 

 

She was practicing her spins real hard; that she didn't even realize someone was watching her -- a guy, which was very cautious in taking her pictures without her knowing.

 

She was about to do her spin, her final step, her winning spin, but suddenly slipped, out of balance and she fell on the cold hard ice.  Her ankle hurt, it was hurting badly, and all that she could do was cry.

 

The guy watching from afar saw what happened and hesitated to help her, because he wanted himself to remain hidden.

But she had no one to turn to; she was hurting and shivering.

He stood up, ran from the sides and wrapped his jacket on Ann. He was about to reach for her to help her stand, but she suddenly burst,

"I went here to study fashion, and got in because of my skating scholarship, now i'm here, with a broken ankle." She was crying. Crying to a person she didn't even know, she was upset, devastated.

"Let me take you to the hospital", he worriedly said with a serious tone.

 

The mysterious man carried her on his back. And was brought to his car. Though he was a stranger to her, she was at ease with this man. She didn't even care wherever she was being taken, as long as her ankle stops hurting. She knew the consequences she might face from her mother, but she wanted everything to be fixed right away.

She was soundly asleep on the trip to the hospital, even crying herself to sleep.

 

 

The man rushed his way to the hospital, and when they arrived, he quickly brought her to the doctor to get her foot checked, lifting her up and rushed her to the emergency room. As soon as he got her treated, he worriedly sat in the waiting room and anticipated anxiously. 

 

Ann went out in a wheel chair, and tried to avoid eye contact with the mystery man. She was shy, embarrassed even. 

 

The doctor then explained what happened, it was just a minor sprain, because her spin was miscalculated thus resulting to her fall, straightly twisting her ankle, it was normal, and was to be healed two to three weeks, that in these few weeks, Ann just needed to have support in walking. The doctor then went off to do his business.

 

"Are you okay, now?", The mysterious guy said.

"Yes, thank you for taking me here. Can I know your name, mister?" Ann asked cautiously.

"I'm Mr. Li. I live by the neighborhood, and I saw you crying." He explained, smiling.

"Aren't you the guy in the plane?" Ann asked, suddenly remembering his familiar face.

Mr. Li thought for a moment, his eyes clearing up, then replied, "Ah. Yes, that's me. We were in the same flight, right?"

"Uhm, Mr. Li, is it okay if I borrow your phone? I need to call my mom to fetch me.." Ann said shyly.

"No, it's okay. We're just in the same neighborhood, I'll send you home." He offered.

Ann thought for a bit, hesitating, her mother had specifically reprimanded her every time she talked to strangers, but now, she was with one, talking comfortably and even getting rides. But in the end, she agreed, she didn't want her mom to worry if she suddenly calls her and tells her she's at the hospital. Her mom would go ballistic.

 

Ann then tried to stand up, but had a hard time walking. Mr. Li helped her to the car, supporting her by her shoulders, until she was comfortable.

He then suddenly went back to the hospital then returned back tot he car with crutches on hand.

Ann was startled because of the thoughtfulness of Mr. Li to her.

They don't even know each other, yet he's doing things for her that isn’t needed.

 

"I bought you crutches." He said while entering the driver's seat.

"You didn't have to... I could have just asked my mom… And-"

"Don't worry, that's what neighbors are for, right?" Mr. Li smiled. There are still really generous people nowadays.

"But... I'll just pay you… The bills later when-" She tried saying, but was cut.

"You don't need to. It's really okay." He insisted then chuckled at Ann's shy reaction.

 

 

The ride was silent. A lot of thoughts have filled Ann's mind,

"Why was this guy to helpful to me?" "Do I even deserve this?" "How will I pay?" "Oh God, It's so embarrassing." "How will I tell Mom?"

 


They eventually arrived at the neighborhood.

"We're here. What's your address?" Mr. Li asked as he cocked his head to her direction.

Ann said their address and Mr. Li drove to the direction. 

 

"Thank you for helping me today, Mr. Li", Ann said, embarrassed, shy.

"It's okay. Smile now, because your mom might accuse me of making you cry." He said with a smile.

Ann couldn't resist and smiled.

"So, I'll be seeing you skating in the rink 3 weeks from now?" He assumed.

"Yes. I hope so." Ann casually said and nodded her head.

 

They said their good byes and he turned his back away from Ann, nearing his car.

"Mr. Li!” Ann blurted.

"What?" He turned around and looked at her.

"What will I tell my mom?" She worried.

He chuckled and said, "Tell her you were clumsy just like her."