March 26, 2012

He Is My First...

Hello reader! So I haven't updated in forever, but what I've been doing is writing in advance for convenience. I won't just leave my lovely subscribers and readers hanging, and I do promise to finish this fic as soon as I can. 
I mention a resto called "Eat Me" (which I just searched up), usage of alcohol, and abuse. Enjoy reading!

 

March 26, 2012

Today was the most amazing day of my life. 

"

It was Minseok's birthday today and Lay had prepared the whole day for just the two of them. Today would be their 20th date on count. They've done everything from movies, to dinners, to paint balling, and even to just hanging out at each other's houses . The events were beginning to become repetitive, and by their 15th date on valentines day, Lay felt as if Minseok was starting to get bored of him (which of course was not true). 

There was one thing that they haven't done yet, which suddenly crossed his mind the night he was preparing for Minseok's birthday the following day; a picnic. It was corny, and probably the worst date idea he's ever thought of. Nothing could get cheesier than awkwardly propping against a tree, shoulders slightly touching, chewing non-edible homemade sandwiches made with love, and casually attempting to feed each other. It sounded like a bad idea, but Lay pushed himself to the thought of, "you'll never know until you try." 

-

The two scraped parts of the wall facing Minseok made him grow more uncomfortable by the minute, a horrid displacement of uneven colour of the blue painted wall forced him get up from his bed that morning to ask his parents to fix it immediately. An awfully quiet aura surrounded the narrow hall to the stairs, making Minseok question the unusual absence of his parents. 

"Umma? Appa? Are you two home-?" 

"SURPRISE!" 

Shots of rainbow coloured confetti filled the air and covered his body once Minseok was in the kitchen, his parents and Zhang Yixing occupying the small space by the corner of the round table, wearing silly party hats and throwing conferring around. 

He found himself smiling and laughing at his crazy parents who were on either side of Lay, hugging each other as they jumped and sang 'happy birthday.' He was never one for surprises, in fact, he didn't really like the attention. But, this was a very Lay thing to do, and so of course, he liked it. His parents were also very accepting of Lay's request to date and court him, and he adored the effort he's put in their friendship, and everyday, he was falling for Zhang Yixing. 

The term 'boyfriend' seemed way too cliche, but Minseok desired- was desperate to be called by that. He wanted to confess his feelings, as if they weren't already obvious, so that the hint of awkwardness that still draws them apart could finally disappear. It was difficult, making the first move, as Lay was the lead of their relationship as friends and as...what they had now. They weren't official, but they knew they liked each other. It was weird, and Minseok wanted to so badly just be his. But, he had to wait. Minseok had to wait for Lay to confess first. 

Lay ran to Minseok who was smiling shyly by the door, blushing at the sight of the small surprise that they prepared for him. He wrapped his arms around his side, and buried his face in Minseok's neck. The atmosphere grew awkward as Minseok's parents simmered down and 'oohed' at the sight of their son being hugged by the boy who's effort to court him only grew by the day. He giggled and wrapped his free arm around Lay who was squeezing him, feeling his cheeks grow hotter. They stayed in their position, Lay tightly hugging his side and him hugging back as his parents started to fight for the camera in front of them. 

"Happy birthday, hyung." 

-

"So, what do you have planned for today?" Minseok asked Lay who was laying flat on his stomach on his bed. He carefully threw his wet towel into the laundry basket and combed his wet red hair. 

"Mmm," Lay got up and made space for the birthday boy to sit, "Well, I do have plans. But, if you want to do something else, that's fine because it's your birthday." He poked Minseok's side knowing he wasn't ticklish at all, and his hyung didn't budge.

"You have plans. We'll do that." Minseok grinned from ear to ear as he looked down at Lay who's eyes were closed, but his lips were curled and his faint dimple showed.

"But we always go with my plans. Are you sure you don't want to do anything new today?" 

Minseok hesitated before nodding. "I'm sure." 

Lay sighed and got up, huffing. "Fine, fine. But, I tried to save you." He scooted closer to Minseok, grabbed his hand and began to massage it. 

"Save me? What do you mean?" Minseok laughed, now giving his other hand to Lay who was softly rubbing them. 

"I mean...well our dates are kind of getting boring. Especially since it's been our twentieth and-" 

"You count our dates? Aww." Minseok reached over and began to tickle Lay's neck and he jumped and cried. 

"It's- it not like you don't either!" Lay's stomach was in pain of laughing too much, but Minseok was now on top of him, continuing to . 

Minseok bent over and began to blow in Lay's ear, causing him to go even more crazy. He finally let go of Lay's hands, and climbed off of him, laughing wildly. Lay was frozen in place, half of his body hanging off the bed, catching his breath. Minseok got up and grabbed a piece of paper and tape, and began to cover up the two scratches on his wall. He looked down at Lay from the corner of his eyes who was just silently staring at him, rubbing his stomach. 

"It's been bothering me since this morning. I don't even know how it got there." 

He was carefully taping the paper, careful not to scratch the wall more. Lay was still quiet and he glanced over at him again, but there he was, just staring. 

"Yah.." Minseok giggled nervously, "what are you looking at?" 

Lay got hold of Minseok's wrist, and he pulled him in on top of his body, adding comfort to his stomach that was just in pain moments ago. Minseok's eyes were wide, and his other hand let to of the roll of tape that he was holding. "What- what are you..." 

His whole weight was on Lay, and their heartbeats were colliding with each other. He couldn't look into Lay's eyes properly, but Lay was staring at him so effortlessly. His wrist was growing weaker as Lay grasped it tighter. "Zhang Yixing..." Minseok lowered now into a whisper, as Lay pulled him in closer. 

This was it. Minseok knew it. Lay was going to kiss him. He pondered whether not to just lean in and kiss first, or wait until Lay's head rose high enough to meet his lips. Should he kiss back? Or should he just let Lay do it... No, no. Now he was thinking too much. Everything grew quiet around them, and there was nothing left in the room but Lay's lips waiting to be kissed by his. Pure ecstasy filled Minseok, and his heart plummeted. His stomach felt weak, and he realized it was butterflies that were exploding in him. So this is what it felt like. 

Their faces were so close to each other's and Minseok could feel Lay's breath growing hotter as he came closer. Lay's grasp on his arm lessened, and his eyes grew weaker as they got closer. They were just inches apart.

"Oh my god. Stop." The door slammed open, and Kris banged his head on the door frame repeatedly and sighed. "Really?" 

Lay pushed Minseok aside who was laughing, and he threw two pillows at Kris who dodged them and threw them back at him. "Why," he threw, "do you always," he dodged the pillow, "ruin everything?!" He threw the small star cushion right at Kris' face who laughed at Lay's fury, as he ran towards Minseok on the bed and jumped on him. 

"Happy birthday red head!" He rolled off of Minseok who suffocated under his huge body, and he ruffled his hand viciously though Minseok's damp hair. "So, what are we doing today?"

He got up and shoved Lay aside who was busy picking up the pillows they threw around, and grabbed a big gift bag outside the room. He threw it at Minseok, and pulled up a chair beside the bed. 

Before Minseok could reply or open the gift, or even say thank you, Lay threw the remaining pillows at Kris and sat beside Minseok. "We are not doing anything today. I planned the day for me and Minseok only-" 

"Well that's no fun." Kris leaned over and broke open the bag that sat in Minseok's lap and began to throw clothes at him, "right, Minseok hyung? I bought all of these nice clothes for you, and I mean, I'm never invited to your dates..." 

"That's because it is a date Wu Yifan. It's the only time we get to spend without your nosey-"

"But today is Minseok's birthday. He gets to decide if I get to join you two today, right?" Kris glared at Minseok, and a smirk began to form at the corner of his mouth. 

Minseok was busy adoring the new clothing, and he glanced carefully at Lay who squinted his eyes at him, shaking his head. "Uh..." 

"That obviously means yes, am I right?" Kris interrupted again, smirking, and rolling around I the office chair he sat on. 

Minseok nervously laughed, looking over at Lay who rolled his eyes at Kris. "Well, didn't you say I could request to do something today?" 

Lay sighed and nodded, putting his hand on the back of Minseok's neck. "Of course, it's your birthday," he sighed, "but what I meant by doing something new, wasn't along the lines of inviting...Kris," he hissed. 

Kris stuck out his tongue and Minseok giggled, smiling at Lay. "I don't mind having Kris come along. I think I'll be fun." 

-

The boys headed off to start their day at the "Eat Me" restaurant in Itaewon, a gay-friendly area in the busy streets of Seoul. Many people eyed the three high schoolers that were strolling the streets, showing an awful lot of skinship every now and then. Often times, Kris would whisper "No, no. I'm not gay. They are," and then he'd point at Lay who was busy pulling Minseok around and constantly feeding him. They took Minseok shopping, and Lay prepared to give him a shopping spree as he asked for another allowance advance from his mom. They finished off the afternoon in Myeongdong and took the bus to Lay's house where Lay prepared the backyard to camp and have a picnic on. Kris bid his goodbyes as he had plans with his family the next day, and left the two boys alone in the empty house. 

"Oh, I almost forgot." Kris zipped open his back pack by the door, pulling out a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka. 

He handed the bottle to Minseok and winked at Lay. "Don't get him too drunk." He teased.

Lay dropped him off at the sidewalk, and Kris walked off to the bus stop in the dark street. After closing the door behind Kris, he paused. They were finally alone. His mom wouldn't be home until late at night, so he finally had the chance to be alone with Kim Minseok. He rushed to the backyard where the shadow of Minseok was visible inside the tent. 

"Hey!" Minseok cried, as Lay jumped on him. The two cuddled in the middle of the piled up blankets that covered the tent. 

"So...today was exhausting." Lay said, facing Minseok who was observing the clear bottle of vodka. 

"Today was the best, Lay. Surprisingly, Kris did add to the fun," Minseok pushed the bottle towards Lay, "let's drink." 

Lay sat up and filled the two shot glasses to the brim, and they toasted. They both took in the hard liquor and drenched out the juice of the limes to the last drop before exhaling. 

"Come on," Lay tugged Minseok out of the tent to the bonfire where the picnic cloth was spread, and food was messily laid out, "we can't drink on an empty stomach." 

They ate the hard and slimy sandwiches Lay prepared the night before, but Minseok smiled happily while he chewed. Even though Lay felt like throwing up, he watched Minseok swallow every last bit like it was the most delicious food he's tasted. Without his mom's help, the food he cooked was terrible. But Minseok loved it. He adored Lay's effort all the time.

"This is nothing like I imagined the night would be," confessed Lay, looking up at the pitch black sky. 

"What did you think would happen?" 

"I thought it would turn out bad. Honestly, picnic dates...aren't they corny?" Lay turned his head to face Minseok's who's eyes were closed. 

"Everything you do with me is corny." Minseok smiled at Lay now, and scooted closer to him. 

"But you're okay with that? Me.. being corny? I swear I was never this corny before..." Lay began to feel problematic, looking at Minseok for an answer. 

Minseok giggled, "Of course I'm okay with it." 

Lay sighed and felt relieved. He never thought of himself as a corny guy, especially since when he dated Hyoyeon, he was very...not corny. She was the lead of their relationship. She was the type to plan the dates and drag Lay around. He planned regular, boring dates (everything that he's already done with Minseok). He's never tried this hard. But, Minseok was worth it all. 

-

"Yixing!" a harsh whisper came from nowhere. Lay was still in his unconsciousness until he realized it was his mom, "Yixingah! Wake up!" 

Forcefully, he jolted up and saw two blurry figures by the door, one was waving and jumping and the other was still. He rubbed his eyes and looked around. There was the ongoing bonfire, the light dimmed and the crackling lowered. A spilled bottle of vodka lay by his foot, and there was Kim Minseok by his side, eyes shut, and breathing deeply. 

"Zhang. Yi. Xing!" He looked over by the door and saw his mom waving at him roughly, "come, quickly!" 

He groggily got up from the blankets they laid on, and walked unevenly towards the door where his mom grabbed hold of him before he fell by the steps. The figure standing by the door was still there, frozen by the door frames, turned around. 

"Who's that mom?" Lay croaked. 

There was no answer. He looked down at her, but she avoided his eyes. She coughed and brought him into the house and sat him on the sofa, passing by the figure by the door. He felt his mom leave his side briefly, and then he felt something hot press up against his lips. The strong smell of caffeine hit his face and he automatically sipped and let the burning hot sensation trickle down his throat, awakening him fully now. 

"How dare you drink without me?" she sounded serious at first, and Lay raised his eyebrows at her in surprise, "...and let me miss all the fun? Seems like you two had a good time." 

Lay managed to chuckle, "You were busy with your friends. You know, doing old people stuff." 

She slapped his cheek lightly, "Stop making me feel like I'm middle aged!" 

Lay laughed at his mom who's arms were crossed at her waist, frowning her half-drunk sixteen year old son. He leaned over and kissed her cheek and got up to stretch.

"You'll still be fun and beautiful when you do get old mom," he walked around the living room, trying to balance himself, "oh yeah, did you bring a friend over?" 

Lay bobbed his head out towards the backyard door where he last saw the figure. His eyes landed at the clock hanging on the wall that read 2:45 a.m. The curves that outlined the petit body of the girl by the door were almost too familiar to his eyes. 

He felt his mom's hand on his shoulder as she had a flicker of worry in her eyes. "Don't be mad..I had to let her in...she- she was almost begging..." 

Her words were shaky as she looked at her son, and back at the girl by the door who was now fully turned, eyes red and blotchy. Lay felt a spark of anger build up in him, something that happened whenever he saw her. He felt himself grow hot, and shook off his mom's hand. 

"Why did you let her in?" He faced his mom, serious, to the point of raging. 

opened, but no words came out. She glanced over at Hyoyeon, almost pitying her state, and that was enough from her to make Lay storm out and drag Hyoyeon behind him. 

He could hear Hyoyeon whimper as he pulled her and a sense of guilt rushed over him. He didn't have time for her bull anymore, but why was she crying? He felt like he needed to give up and finally let her explain herself for the time since their breakup a year ago, but the memory of witnessing what happened that make him lose all of his trust towards her, he made sure to remind himself that he would never, ever get fooled again. 

The front door slammed open and he shoved Hyoyeon out. One hand covered her face, and tears were streaming down, "Lay...Lay, please..." 

"If I don't want to see you at school, what makes you think I want to see you here?" He demanded, noticing her uneasiness.

Hyoyeon's hand trembled as she wept. She was hovered, lips quivering as she gasped for air. "Lay-" 

Once he heard her words shake, he felt a sudden urge to shut the door. Though he wanted to help her, or allow her to speak at all, the memory of her and that Kim Jongin filtered his mind. He heaved a sigh and looked away as he closed the door, but it was stopped on the opposite side. 

"After this-" Hyoyeon's weight was pushed against the door, "I'll leave you alone Lay, I promise." 

-

The cold night breeze met with the warmth that escaped the front door of his house. Lay sat on the edge of the doorstep and rest his head on the doorframe as the eerie howl of wind filled the silence. Hyoyeon sat on the bench beside the door, whimpering still, and gasping for air as she tried to return to her normal state of breathing. Her hand still covered the side of her face. 

Lay decided to just finally let her talk so that she can finally leave him alone. If this was the closure she requested, it was the least he could do after seeing her in her state. It was 3:00 in the morning, and the sky was dead at this time. The streets were also dark and dangerous which made Lay wonder how in the world she got to their house. 

"You know, I've never seen you so happy-" 

"Just get to the point, Hyoyeon." Lay huffed, feeling slightly rude. 

He's never held in so much anger towards a person before, that he even shocked himself when his response became too impolite to be coming out his mouth. Zhang Yixing. He was the perfect boy. People who encountered him felt at ease, and even felt envy how such a boy like him could exist. But whenever he saw Hyoyeon, he felt agitated and mad. It was almost like he became a different person. It was more than anger that he felt towards her, he hated himself for not being able to see what she really used him for. 

"I've never see you so happy before," she continued anyway, "even before we dated, you've never smiled as wide, and you've never...put as much effort into...anyone before. Really, Minseok is really lucky to have you." 

She looked up from the corner of her eye and saw Lay by the door, poker faced and picking at the lint on his jeans. He finally didn't interrupt her for the first time. She sighed before going on. 

"I loved you- I still love you. I want you to know that I really did love you, and that our relationship was real," Lay scoffed at her, and she felt tears in her eyes again, "I didn't use you. What happened with Jongin- I didn't expect it to happen-" 

"If you're just going to walk down memory lane, I'd rather you just leave." 

"It came as a surprise to me as much as it surprised you, Lay, I swear. It just so happened that..." 

"That you liked Jongin more than me." Lay finished her sentence. 

"No. It was just that- I guess he lured me in. I was blinded by his affection at the time, and I never really realized that I'd lose you so suddenly-" 

"You slept with him, Hyoyeon," it was as if Lay chocked on his words, "in my room, too." He shook head and laughed at himself. 

"And it had to be on our anniversary. You really think I can forgive you or him after doing that? What human on this planet would ever forgive someone who cheated on their boyfriend...with their own best friend?" His voice grew louder and shakier. 

He finally shot a look at her and his eyes landed on the bright red scratch on the cheek she was covering awhile ago. Lay was at a loss of words, and he stood up to walk towards her, feeling half of him pull him back to his spot, but the other half pulling him to her, "What- what happened to your cheek?"  

She shook his hand away that reached for her chin, but Lay turned her face so that he could fully see the red throbbing mark that started from her high cheekbone down to her lip. She let Lay hold her chin for awhile before covering her face again with her hand. 

"It's why I'm here. It's why ayi- your mom let me in. I ran here- ran away from Jongin," Lay wanted to hug her, and comfort her at least, but he couldn't find the will to. 

"I broke up with him tonight. At first, he didn't say anything, but after I told him that I loved you-" she turned to face Lay, eyes watery again, "he hit me so hard that I had to run." 

She moved closer to Lay, and grabbed his arm. She hesitated, waiting for a Lay to push her off, but when he stayed frozen, still shocked, she leaned in and wrapped her arms around his waist and sobbed. "It's you, Lay. It's always been you and I never stopped loving you. I know I might never have a chance with you again, but I just wanted to tell you that I still love you." 

Lay tried to comprehend everything she blurted out all at once. He felt miserable to see her physically hurt, but still, the anger that he's built up for her was there. But the pain she was feeling...he could feel it too. It was almost as if for once, after all these months of avoiding her and hating her, he felt sorry. She sobbed inconsolably, hugging him tighter. 

"I came here for closure," she stated, letting go her pitiful embrace and wiping her tears, careful not to touch the scar, "and I think I told you everything you need to know. Kim Jongin...I can't say that I didn't love him, but I can say that I still loved you even when you broke up with me. What you saw that night- it wasn't supposed to happen but it did, and I can't do anything about it. So, Zhang Yixing, I'm sorry." 

She got up from the bench and pulled her long blonde hair back. He stood up in unison, arms crossed and avoiding eye contact.

"I'm sorry that I lost the most perfect person that I once had all to myself...that loved me more than I knew how to love, not too long ago. I love you, Lay, and I probably always will." They stood in their spots for a good minute before Hyoyeon sighed and put her hood on. 

"Goodbye." She turned to walk down the balcony steps, but Lay grabbed hold of her hand. 

"You can't walk home at this time of night," he shivered as he held her hand, damp, warm and too familiar, "I- I'll ask mom to-" 

And then it happened. Too soon, too sudden, Hyoyeon was holding his shoulders and pulling his body against hers, their lips, moving slowly and unsure. It all felt too natural as if their lips were accustomed to each other like magnets, like this was supposed to happen, but it wasn't. 

He pulled her away and gasped for air. He stepped back, disgusted of himself. Before he could run back into the house, he noticed her wide eyes clearly looking past his way. Minseok was there, jaw slightly dropped, and tears slowly forming. He turned, and ran into the house with Lay's mom running after him. 

"Minseok!-" Lay moved towards the door to run after him, but something pulled him back to look back at Hyoyeon who was already running down the sidewalk. 

-

Minseok didn't know what to feel. Maybe he was just imagining what happened, after all, he was slightly drunk. But it couldn't be a dream- he was there in Lay's house where he was supposed to be. Lay's mom hurried over to him, and sat him down in the bench of their kitchen table. 

"That- that wasn't real, Minseok. Trust me, I was there the whole time-" 

"I was there too, ayi," Minseok buried his face in his hands, feeling childish as tears he couldn't control formed in his eyes, "I saw it- they...kissed." 

"Ohhh," she held him in her arms as is she held a crying child, "no, it shocked me as much it shocked you sweetie. It was Hyoyeon who pulled him in, trust me, Lay was just as surprised." 

Her words weren't making any sense as the vision of the two of them kissing was stuck in Minseok's mind. He kissed her back, and that had to mean something. 

After realizing that the cold air filled the room, he saw the door half open and Lay not there. "He chose her over me." 

-

He felt so immature for crying. Of course ayi was right, she wouldn't lie to Minseok. Okay, sure, Hyoyeon was there for closure and he was more than happy that Lay could finally get that closure, but they kissed. Now that hurt. He felt like a heartbroken, jealous boyfriend, and even though he and Lay weren't even dating, he felt so utterly and stupidly jealous. 

"There's one thing I'm sure about," ayi chuckled as she poured the boiling hot water into the mug in front oh him, "Lay really wasn't expecting that kiss, and I'm sure he felt nothing." 

Minseok felt the need to argue, to say that he saw how she held him, and he saw how she kissed him...so right. But he just sighed and drank up the coffee she prepared. 

"I mean, there's really no one other than me, you, or Kris who knows Lay, and seriously, he likes you, as if you don't already know," she took a seat beside him and smiled weakly. 

The time read 4:17 a.m. and Minseok never felt more alive. "I can't really say that he ruined my birthday because it already passed," she chuckled as Minseok croaked, "but I believe you. I know he wouldn't kiss her just like that. He...hates her- not to be mean-" 

"Mhm. You're right. After overhearing what really happened to those two, I understand why he was always so furious whenever he saw her." Ayi ruffled Minseok's hair, "how was your day by the way? Feel any different now that your 17?" 

'I feel like I want to cry in my bed and hug my teddy bear.' "It was good," he dismissed his immature thoughts.

"You know, Lay really likes you. Like..really likes you. I feel mean to bring her up, but he was very different with Hyoyeon when they dated. I can't stress it enough. He's never asked for so many allowance advances in his whole life," she teased Minseok who laughed now, "I can really say that he's happy. And I hope that what happened tonight won't change anything. Let him explain, okay?" 

-

It was roughly half past five, and the early morning Sunday sky was still dark. Lay was still not back. He finished two cups of coffee outside by the dead bonfire, and ayi had already gone to bed. The image of a Lay and Hyoyeon kissing kept replaying in his head, but he remembered what ayi had told him. A hustling cold breeze made him shiver, but he stayed in his spot, forcing himself to stay up.

Two shaky arms crept up around the sides of Minseok's waist and a feeling of relief burst in him. The familiar scent of lavender travelled towards him, and he smiled as Lay buried his face on the back of his neck. 

"I'm sorry hyung. I ruined your birthday. That kiss... I really didn't see it coming-" 

"I know." 

Lay moved beside Minseok and grabbed his cold hands. "She finally gave me closure." 

"Then I'm happy for you." 

"Thank you for understanding." 

Lay looked into Minseok's tired eyes. He was finally done with Hyoyeon, and now, he had to make things right with Minseok. It was love. He felt the feeling of love for Minseok, but it hasn't occurred to him yet. It was a deep longing for him that he felt. 

"Hyung..." Lay started. Minseok looked up at him, and raised his eyebrow in question. The two fell silent and the touch of their hands was the only sense of communication between the two boys. 

Lay reached out and held Minseok's cheek, and he leaned over, close enough that their lips touched, and then fully elapsed into a kiss. Minseok's hand moved to the back of Lay's neck almost too quickly, and Lay pressed harder. 

Although his lips were kissed by Hyoyeon not too long ago, Minseok felt like everything was right. Their lips in place has never felt so good. Minseok felt the sparks in him die down and he felt relaxed, at ease. It was almost like his lips belonged in Lay's, and it was perfect. A blissful feeling that was everything from bad to good. 

"

Minseok turned 17! And I finally kissed him. I don't think there's much to write about right now, because that's all that I can think of. His lips against mine... I can't even begin to describe it. 

Hyoyeon and I finally talked, and I hope this last time that I bring up her name. She's done with Jongin, that douche bag, and I'm finally done with her. But, even though I don't wanna write it, I have to for memory-sake. She kissed me, and Minseok saw. It was bad, and it ruined part of the night, but I didn't even need to explain to him because of course mom was eavesdropping the whole time. I guess... I feel blessed that she did because even though it was supposed to end bad, it ended good. 

I really really really like Minseok. And I don't think I can make it to the 50th date before I tell him that I love him. 

I really like him.