prologue

Waves of Entice
 
 
Prologue 
 They say the city lights don't tend to die and it's true. As Joonmyeon stood above all, watching the busy glow and civillians stroll pass with ease below. 
A really drastic contrast with the situation he was stucked in right now. Dimmed lights and aching backs. He yearns to join the people below, having the time of their life, yet he was stuck in this building, rushing reports and what not.
Years ago, when Joonmyeon got offered this opportunity to work aboard as an intern, he definitely did not expect this busy lifestyle. All that clouded his mind was the chance to escape his mom's nagging and sister's whining. Not all these paper works and over time till 4 am.
This was not how he planned for it to go. In fact, nothing went his way for a while. First it was the language he had to learn, then it was the culture he had to adapt. In other words, everything was in his way.
Joonmyeon sighed and fell back into his leather seat as it swirled a little, making his world spin. It finally came to a stop in front of all his papers and lighted screen. He picked all the papers up and stacked them neatly in a corner. Hands then started tapping lightly on the keyboard, trying to keep his noise to the minimal even though no one was in the office.
Suddenly a noise erupted his silence, the buzzing distraction at the side caught his attention as his fingers fiddled with the 
screen tapping on the green icon.
"Hello," waiting for the other line to response.
"Joon!" The oddly familiar voice replied, "it's me! Your dear dongsaeng!" And no wonder that perky voice sounded so familiar (and annoying)
"Oh," he didn't know what else to reply with the sudden contact, it's not like her to call up. To think of it, none of his family actually interected with him since his depature. Hearing an awkward pause on the other line, Joonmyeon spoke, "what do you want?"
"Nothing, really." Oh, so you deciede to contact your brother out of no where in the middle of the night for no reason? "Just that..." That was so like his sister (or actually any other females), beating around the bush. 
"That?" He urged, wanting to end this conversation so he could actually make progress in his work which he must add would be due in about 5 hours time.
"I am getting married."