Do Kyungsoo

JuOn; His Demon

 

Chapter one; Do Kyungsoo

 


 

Do Kyungsoo, a 19 year old college student was walking home after a long day of exams with two of his friends, Kim Jongin and Park Chanyeol. They were all on their way to celebrate the end of exam season with the rest of their friends and had decided to take a shortcut. They were all meant to meet at Baekhyun’s house then head down to the club for a night of drinking.

While walking down the road a strange feeling overcame Kyungsoo, he looked around him and a large house caught his attention, he took a step closer to it but Chanyeol pulled him back and shook his head slightly.

 

“What?” Kyungsoo asked, looking up at Chanyeol “That’s the Song household” Chanyeol said, tugging on him slightly to pull him back. Jongin came up and joined them “Song household?” Kyungsoo asked, looking back at the house. The house was in good condition, although it was much more traditional compared to the other houses in the surrounding area.

 

“A young empress was killed in that house by her jealous fiancé; legend has it that it’s haunted. If you go in, you’ll either die in there within an hour, or if you manage to escape she will hunt you down and kill you.” Kyungsoo scoffed at Jongin’s story and walked toward the house.

 

“You guys must be stupid to believe something like that,” He opened the gate to the house and closed it behind him “I’m going to see this firsthand, and prove you both just how stupid you are for believing such a story.”

 

“K-Kyungsoo w-wait!” Chanyeol begged, but he was too late, Kyungsoo had already walked into the house. Chanyeol immediately ran off the get the others, while Jongin stayed behind, waiting to see if Kyungsoo was okay.

 

~~~~~

 

While the other two were panicking outside, Kyungsoo was walking around the house. He spotted a large portrait on the wall who he guessed was the empress. He walked closer to it and looked in awe; he admitted to himself that she was indeed very beautiful.

 

He felt a cold shiver run down his spine, as if someone was breathing on him, he put a hand on his shoulder and felt what seemed to be another hand resting on him shoulder, he quickly spun around but no one was there.

 

He walked to the staircase and began to climb the stairs, the house was quiet and all he could hear was his heart thumping. He was beginning to regret this idea.

 

There was a faint glow emitting from the room directly across from the stairs, as if someone had left a light on or a candle lit.

 

Against his better judgment he walked to the room and slowly opened the door. The room was fairly large with a blood stained futon in the corner that Kyungsoo made sure to stay well away from. He slowly walked in and once he reached the centre the door slammed behind him.

 

He ran over to the door and jiggled the door handle, trying to pry the door open. It was stuck. He sighed heavily, mentally convincing himself that the wind closed the door.  

 

He heard a low creaking sound coming from the closet and turned to it, carefully listening. The creaking sound stopped and Kyungsoo calmed down. ‘It’s probably just the house... it is really old after all...’ he thought to himself. 

 

A loud bang came from the closet and Kyungsoo fell to the floor, he watched as the closet door slowly opened and a small, pale hand came out of it. He gulped, this must be what Chanyeol and Jongin warned him about.

 

He blinked and the figure was right in front of him, their faces mere inches apart. The door behind him opened and without thinking Kyungsoo ran out of the room, down the stairs, and out of the house, once he was out he fell to the floor and started to heavily pant, the was that thing?

 

“Kyungsoo-ah!” Minseok ran over to him and helped him up. Kyungsoo’s eyes were teary, he was in a state of shock, Minseok shook him to try and snap him out of it.

 

Kyungsoo looked over to the house, unable to breathe or hear the 11 men call him. He looked over to the window of the room where he encountered her and saw her looking out of it, smiling.

 

He passed out.