.18

I Can Still Remember

 

Sungyeol was shocked at the entrance and didn’t move. Myungsoo and Howon quickly stood up, grabbed him by the arms and closed the door. They made him lay on the bed while retaining him by the arms. He started to move frantically, trying to escape.

“Let me go!” He exclaimed and Myungsoo covered his mouth with his hand.

“What do we do with him?” The boy asked Howon, who seemed to be thinking.

“Hmh, I don’t know…” He looked at Sungyeol wanting to make a joke, but he decided to take the situation seriously. “I believe we should tell him.”

Myungsoo let go and Sungyeol quickly sat down. His eyes seemed bigger and he was still really surprised; his gaze went from Myungsoo to Howon and back a few times.

“So, yeah. What you heard it’s true. We…” Hoya started, but Sungyeol stopped him.

“Wait! What about Sungjong?”

Howon looked at Myungsoo, who nodded. The secret was over, and it was the best for them to know the truth once and for all. Howon glanced at Sungyeol and made a movement with his head telling him to go look for his friend.

“SUNGJONG-AH!” Sungyeol went out running like crazy, what made Howon and Myungsoo laugh until they hit the floor.

*******

After a few minutes, Sungyeol came back with a clueless and annoyed Sungjong. The boy had just grabbed him by the wrist, not wanting to tell anything and forgetting his wallet again so he couldn’t buy food. When he saw Howon and Myungsoo sitting on the bed with a kind of serious gaze, he knew something was going on.

“… guys?” He said while sitting on the bed in front of them with Sungyeol. Howon sighed.

“First of all… I’m sorry. There’s something I need to tell you, but I hope you understand why I didn’t say anything before.”

 Sungjong was really scared and couldn’t stop the sound of his beating heart. Then Howon started to tell the story, from beginning to end. How they were best friends, the accident, when she disappeared, how they met again, the memory loss and everything happening after that. The boys listened without saying a word, until he stopped.

Howon was waiting for them to get mad or start yelling, but nothing happened. Sungjong thought about it for a few minutes while Sungyeol analyzed the situation quicker. Myungsoo glanced at Howon, trying to see how he was feeling.

“So, are you two dating now?” Sungjong asked.

“Well… yeah.”

“Cool!” Sungyeol exclaimed after a few seconds, making all of them smile. “But that means I’ll have to look for another girl.”

Sungjong hit him with his elbow and the others laughed while Sungyeol grabbed his arm.

“I’m really happy for you.” Sungjong said smiling. “But you should’ve told us earlier! We can help too, you know.”

“I’m sorry.” Howon apologized; he knew his friends were supporting him and he felt great inside.

“Now, come on, let’s go buy food.” The youngest said while making Sungyeol stand up. “And don’t forget your wallet this time!”

Sungyeol grumbled in a low voice but still obedient, he went to the door. Sungjong pushed him outside and turned his head to smile and wink before going out.

*******

The next day was Howon’s first dance practice after the holidays. He was relieved Sungjong and Sungyeol took everything really well, and even let him now he had their support. Now it was time to face INFINITE, as they didn’t know everything that happened in those two weeks.

While he was traveling by bus, he received a text message from Minah. They were already missing each other, and Howon promised her he’d see her that night and hang out together the next day. She replied with a smiley that made Howon laugh.

 At the dance studio, Woohyun couldn’t stay quiet; he wanted to know the rest of the mini drama, but Howon wouldn’t talk until their first break. Then he told them that they were dating, and Woohyun got really excited. Sunggyu congratulated him and Dongwoo smiled, he knew it already.

“But… she still doesn’t know, right?” Sunggyu asked.

“Well, no. I know I should tell her, but I’m just waiting for the right moment.” Howon sighed while looking at the floor. “I just thought she would remember…”

The others felt bad for him, but at least they were happy with each other, and that was better than nothing. After a few minutes, Dongwoo talked.

“Enough of girl talk for today, let’s continue.” He said while standing up; the others laughed and did the same.

*******

That night, after Minah and Howon talked for a long time while looking at the stars on the sky from the football campus, the girl came back to the dorms. It was always hard for her to erase her smile after seeing Howon, and she felt a little relieved when she saw Yoora wasn’t on sight, so she wouldn’t make fun of her.

She quickly changed her clothes and brushed her teeth; she was feeling sleepy even though it wasn’t that late. She texted Howon a ‘good night’ before going to bed and falling asleep almost immediately.

*******

This time, the little boy in Minah’s dream was walking ahead of her in a school uniform. He had a bag at his back and he was hurrying the girl.

“We’re going to be late, come on.”

Minah seemed confused, but she still followed the dark-haired boy. She soon realized they were going to a school that looked familiar; they entered a classroom and sat down waiting for the teacher to arrive.

The boy took a desk near the window while she sat on the next row, a desk behind. She could feel other students around, but didn’t pay attention on them. The boy glanced at her, smiled and pointed outside.

“Do you wanna play later?” He asked with a big smile. Minah was going to answer when suddenly everything turned black.

*******

The next morning, Howon was calmly walking to class. It was weird because he didn’t have to run for once, so he was enjoying the time alone.

“Hey, Hoya!” He heard someone calling for him, and when he turned his head, Sungyeol grabbed him by the arm and dragged him to another hallway. Before he could say something, they stopped right in front of a poster on a wall. “Look, they are going to do the annual dance earlier this year.”

“Mmhmmm…. So?”

“So? You’re taking Minah, right?” Sungyeol asked and Howon knew he was planning something.

“I guess, I’ll have to ask her.”

“Great! Does she… have a friend I could borrow?” Sungyeol tried to make an innocent and cute face, but apparently failed because his friend made a disgusted expression.

“She does have friends, but I don’t know if they’re suitable for you.”

“Oh, come on!” The boy grabbed Howon’s arm. “Please, please, please!”

“Okay, okay! I’ll ask her.”

Sungyeol made a little celebratory dance, thanked him again and disappeared. “I’m sorry, Minah.” Howon thought while smiling and taking his phone out of his pocket.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you and enjoy! <3 ^^