.17

I Can Still Remember

 

After two seconds into the kiss, Minah realized what she was doing and got away from Howon’s lips, blushing. She wasn’t really sorry, but she felt she needed to say something. “Sorry for stealing you a kiss”, at least.  They looked at each other, both surprised of the outcome of the situation; their hearts beating fast.

“I…”

Minah started to speak, but this time Howon was the one to kiss her, and she responded. She laid on the sofa while Howon threw the blanket on the floor; their lips still touching, not wanting to stop. It felt warm; tender but still full of passion. Minah thought that was something he had been wanting to do for some time; and she was right.

After a few minutes, they separated but remained in the same position, looking at each other straight to the eyes. Howon smiled, feeling suddenly embarrassed. She did the same, feeling her heart could explode because of happiness.

Then they heard the door opening. Their gazes became serious and quickly sat down on the sofa. Howon looked over his shoulder just to see his family was back, and his brother Hojae was coming to the living room.

“Eh, bro! You’ll never believe what we saw at the convention!” He was smiling widely, really excited to tell his story.

“Mm, I’m curious. Just… let me…” He turned to Minah, who was getting ready to stand up.

“Oh, Minah! You’re here.” Mrs. Lee greeted her. “Do you want to stay and eat something with us?”

“Thank you so much, but I have to go now. It’s getting late and I don’t want to worry my dad.” The girl replied, sad that she couldn’t accept the invitation.

Mrs. Lee understood and smiled at her nodding. She made a hand gesture to Hojae and the both of them disappeared into the kitchen. Howon stood up and looked at Minah.

“Come on, I’ll accompany you.” He said.

“But I live across the street.”

“As you said, it’s getting late and you never know what could happen.” He stretched his hand and she took it after glancing at it.

*******

They were silent the few minutes it took them to get to her house. Still holding hands, they felt awkward but happy on the inside. Minah tried to hide the smile she couldn’t vanish from her face, failing terribly at it.

“Okay. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” Howon said when they reached her door.

“Sure.”

Minah smiled looking at him, not sure what to do. But he leaned and gave her a quick kiss on the lips before starting to walk back home. She blushed and hid her smile with her hand, watching him walk for a few seconds, and then entering home.

*******

The next day, they saw each other as normal; but it didn’t feel the same. They felt a little shy around each other, but didn’t want to let go either. It was hard looking straight at the eyes, but they still wanted to do it. Their hands didn’t want to touch, but their hearts told them to do so. They just wanted to be together as much as they could.

Howon felt he wasn’t being entirely honest. Minah still seemed to not remember their childhood, so he decided he would make those memories happen again. Or at least, try to recreate them in a more mature way. He took her to the places they used to go to: the park, the school block, the grocery store, and bought ice-creams in the same place they used to.

Minah was having a good time; they didn’t do something really exciting, but just being with him was enough. All of her worries from before vanished, and she didn’t even want to analyze the situation anymore. She was enjoying the time with Howon, and if that made him happy too, then she was complete.

They ended their “date” at the park, lying down on the grass while looking at the starts that started to appear on the sky.

“Thank you… for today.” Minah said.

“Don’t need to thank me. I had a great time too.” Howon replied smiling.

They kept talking for a long time, until they realized they had to go back. He helped her stand up and they began their way back to the house.

That night, the mysterious little boy appeared again in Minah’s dreams.

*******

The holidays were almost over, and Minah and Howon wanted to take the most advantage they could of the few days left. They would hang out together almost every day; go for a walk, watch a movie together, go for ice-cream or see Dongwoo.

Minah felt they were a lot closer now; they’d still act as good friends, but they were something more. He was caring, funny and warm; she just loved being around him. Howon, on the other part, was treating Minah as a different girl, she wasn’t little anymore and he thought it was the best for the both of them. Memories were good, but he couldn’t keep living on the past, and he didn’t care as much if Minah didn’t get her memories back. They were making new ones, and he felt he was the happiest boy on earth.

*******

Finally, the time to go back to school came. Those two weeks were great to relax, but it couldn’t last forever and the boys knew it. Howon was happy to see his friends again, and he would start dance practices again too; while Minah could finally see Yoora and tell her all the details from her holidays.

When Howon got to the dorms, Sungjong was already there and he happily hugged his friend. They shared stories while smiling and unpacking, and Myungsoo and Sungyeol came in half an hour later. They were pretty content despise being on school again, but Howon was probably the happiest one. He kept smiling and making little jokes, and that made the others cheer up too.

At dawn, they decided to make a little tour around the campus. They were happily talking and eating candy, greeting other students and friends.

“Hey… don’t you think there’s something weird with Hoya?” Sungyeol whispered to Myungsoo while they were walking behind Sungjong and Howon.

“What do you mean?”

“He looks… happier.” Sungyeol replied, making a serious face. However, Myungsoo laughed because he knew the reason why his friend was like that. Sungyeol noticed it and felt irritated. “Hey! You know something I don’t. Tell me.”

“What? He’s just happy.” The boy replied pointing at the front still smiling.

“Come on, L, you know I’m your best friend.” Sungyeol tried to convince him, but Myungsoo didn’t want to speak. In the end he surrendered, but would not forget the fact something was going on. And he was decided to know the truth.

*******

That night back at the dorms, when Sungyeol and Sungjong went to buy something to eat, Myungsoo asked for details on what was going on between his friend and Minah.

“You know, I don’t need specifics, just… yeah.” Myungsoo said, making Howon laugh.

“Well, I don’t know, it just happened. I kind of feel bad sometimes… I mean, I already knew her from before and I wasn’t planning this in the first place, but…”

“You know, I think she heard you talking to Dongwoo at Sungjong’s party. I don’t know what you said, but maybe she heard something.” Myungsoo remembered that time and thought it could have something to do with the situation. Howon looked surprised.

“Really?” He tried to remember what they were talking about. “Well, we did talk about her a little… but I don’t exactly remember everything.”

Howon looked away trying to think, and Myungsoo felt a little bad for telling him that; he sighed.

*******

Sungyeol was walking back to the dorm, a little angry at Sungjong for telling him he had to go ask for money since he forgot his wallet. He was whispering bad things about his friend when he saw Howon’s door was slightly open. He was going to enter when he heard Myungsoo and him talking about Minah, so he decided to wait outside for a while.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t think it was important.” Myungsoo said, apologizing.

“It’s okay, don’t worry.” His friend replied; some things were starting to make sense.

“Did she remember something yet?” L asked quietly.

“No.” Howon sighed.

“You know… I think you should tell her the truth. She will know some day, and the sooner the better.” Myungsoo tried to sound calm, carefully choosing his words.

“I know. I do feel bad about it, but what can I say? ‘Hey, Minah, we were best friends when we were kids, but you had a car accident and you forgot about me. Please, don’t be mad now that we’re dating’?” Howon sighed.

“OH MY GOD.”

The boys quickly turned their heads scared and surprised, just to see Sungyeol in the entrance with his mouth wide open.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I at writing kissing scenes LOL sorry ^^'
and I kinda rushed it a little at the middle, but I needed to go back to school time lol xD

Thank you so much as always and enjoy!! <3