My Son

Behind the Mask

He walked into the restaurant searching for that man. The man that factored in his life but was never there. His father. The tyrant of his life. He saw him sitting at a table in the middle of the restaurant. Not hard to spot the devil. He walked over to him. The man spotted him and smirked as he stood to greet him. 

"My son!" He was drunk, not a surprise, considering his breath he already downed two bottles of soju while waiting. 

"War irae? This is really sudden." He sat down across from this man without emothion. 

"Am I not permitted to see my son?" If that's what you ca even call it. All his life, all he could remember was alcoholism, violence and tears. That's one reason he became an idol, to escape this. "Anyways, you got any money? Maybe a couple thousand?" There it was, the money-grubbig manwhore in his memories. He sat there looking at this drunk man asking for money. 

"Appa, ahni, ahjusshi, why do you need that kind of money?"

"I got into some trouble with those loan sharks, won't get off my case. Come on, for your father." He rolled his eyes. What father? He only remembered a monster of a man, and large fists and crying.

"I have't been paid yet." He replied bluntly. He stood ready to leave when he felt a fist make sharp contact with his face. This was what he remembered. Just like old times. He smirked as he stood up. He looked the druken man in the eyes with a strong glare. "Minahansae, but I have no knowledge of you you are, nor why I am called here by you, and why you are asking for my money, but I have no father." He grabbed his jacket and left behind the man speechless, the man who could have been a father but never was.