Addiction

Behind the Mask

Locked up in solitude inside a studio. Noone can see him, he can see noone. Trapped for days and hasn't eaten or done anything besides stressing over his song. He was turning into a skelaton with skin. Nothing can be heard but chords and acoustics and his occasional screams of stress. He was very close to ripping his hair out with his hands grasping his thick dark red hair in distress.

No one knew there was a side to him besides the dedicated leader/song writer image he portrays on broadcasts. He has an addicted side to him. Addicted to what he believes is his stress reliever. He gets his hands on his container of pills. He pours a cuple in his hand as he consumes them. Taking a deep breath, he turns back to his work. 

Moments later, he cannot withstead his condition. He is starving, and cannot put his notes together into a harmonious melody. He looks to the pills again and consumes a couple more. Before you know it, his once gleaming hazel eyes are bloodshot red, his dark circles expand in size. He can't think straight. His sight is lop-sided. When he can't take it anymore, he lies himself down on the studio couch. He closes his eyes.

This has happened before, he remembers it clearly; the bloodshot eyes, nausea, mental breakdowns. Noone has ever seen him this way, therefore noone can help him. His portrayed image is that of a warm-hearted, dedicated leader, but what noone knows is that he has an addiction problem. It's one of his dark secrets, even his loved ones are unaware of.

It's out of his control. He knows he has a problem, but he knows it as a stress reliever. He doesn't see it as a bad thing. He lifts himself up from the couch. He sits back down in his chair and begins to compose yet again.

This happens to him often, whenever he writes songs that are in the top 10 of M Countdown or the songs they perform on Inkigayo until it is decided that the song is no longer popular, and when that happens, he goes back to the writing board.

The writing board in the lonesome studio, where he spends days without anyone to hear his screams of stress and noone to see the pulled out strands of his hair on the round, or anyone to see him in the midst of his problem. 

People know him as a workaholic, dedicated to his work. But it isn't dedication, it is an addiction.