Wallflower

Behind the Mask

Members call each other brothers, almost their second family. If that was the case, he's better off alone, that's his feelings anyway. Five members, but four brothers. He sees the close relationships between the members, but he is the odd one out. Noone to casually back hug, noone to fool around with during practice. He sits alone in the empty practice room while everyone goes out for lunch. Flashbacks of staff dinners with the group filled with laughter coming from everyone, except him. No matter how hard he tried to get close with the members, he couldn't. They'd smile at him with false sincerity. They did it to be nice. He saw the pity in their eyes. Pity towards the one member that had noone to laugh at jokes with, to hug when they win awards on Inkigayo or when they win in Idol Olympics. On screen, people would assume their close relationships with each other. Fanmade videos dedicated to each member and their closest member. They were wrong to create one dedicated to him. Interviewers bringing up the question of who the members were closest with, his name was never said, and he had no answer. THere was no member he could call his family, no member close to him.

He hears the members returning from lunch. He could hear the laughter and voices of the four brothers. He felt his eyes well up from loneliness. The members saw him alone. All voices ceased. Awkward moments were not foreign when it came to him and s. The members looked at one another,speaking with their minds to each other, another thing he had noone to do with. 

Two by two, the members exited the practice room with their closest member, leaving him by himself, as usual. He sighed to himself and headed towards the window. He saw s, who were just awkwardly watching him in pity, as if he was an old man with no home, now playing around with each other. Laughing, playfully beating each other up, back hugs, all luxuries he couldn't cherish. He looked around the empty practice room. The dimmed lights signifying his loneliness. Just a lonely wallflower, was all he was, nothing more.