Chapter four

Why you?

Jin Hyuk and Ji Hyo went in the house and Jin Hyuk went straight to the kitchen to find some food to eat.

"Yah! Are you that hungry?" Ji Hyo asked.

"Yeah, of coarse, I haven't eaten since 4 o'clock and it's already past 10," Jin Hyuk looking in the fridge and pantry.

"Oh really? I'll cook for you," Ji Hyo suggested.

"No! You're not good at cooking, if you cook i might not have the appetite to eat.. No hard feelings," Jin Hyuk joked.

"YOU WANT TO DIE?!" Ji Hyo pulling his hair.

"OWW!! That hurts!"  Jin Hyuk screaming, "I'll cook for the both us okay?" Ji Hyo letting go of his hair.

"No,cook for yourself.. I'm not hungry," Ji Hyo said.

"Are you sure? You always eat my cooking," Ji Hyuk rubbing his hair, "where did you go anyways?"

"I....I went out to eat with some of my co-workers.." Ji Hyo said.

"Oh.. Okay," Jin Hyuk said. "That's weird.. Ji Hyo's co-workers dont't even know that she exists, there is no way that they would invite her.. Something's not right.." Jin Hyuk said.

"I'm sorry for lieing Jin Hyuk.. But I had to," Ji hyo thought.

"Oh, by the way I got the money for my dads sugery, here," handing over the envelope full of moneyy to Jin Hyuk, "I'm going to be busy tomorrow... So I want you to give the money to the doctor for me .. Is that okay?"

"Yah, sure.." taking the money from her hands.

----------

Jong Kook arrived at his place and went straight to the bathroom to tske a shower. After he was finished, he went right to bed; However, Jong Kook couldn't sleep, he tossed and his bed. "AHHH, why can't I sleep?" Jong Kook talking to himself. He suddenly thought of Ji Hyo, how beautiful she was at the party. "Why can't I get you out of my head?!?" pulling out his phone and scanning through his photos. There was a picture of Ji Hyo sitting down in the party. 

FLASHBACK~

While Jong Kook was talking to his friends, he pulled out his phone and secretly took a picture of Ji Hyo. "Hyung what are you doing?" Kwang Soo asked.

"N.. Nothing.." Jong Kook quickly putting his phone back in his pocket.

"I saw what you did.. Why did you take a picture of noona?"

"Yah! I didn't.. I was just looking at my phone and checking if there were any text messages.." Jong Kook said.

"Sure.. What ever you say..." Kwang Soo grinning.

"Fine, I did take a picture of Ji Hyo but I had a reason for doing that... Don't tell anyone about this.. Got it?" Jong Kook said.

"Yep, you can count on me.. But tell me the reason later okay?" Kwang Soo asked.

"Okay, Deal," Jong Kook replied.

END OF FLASHBACK~

----------

"Ji Hyo, I'll get going now... Bye!" Jin Hyuk said. 

"Okay! Take care and thanks again!" Ji Hyo said.

Once Jin Hyuk left, Ji Hyo went to bed, but like Jong Kook, she had trouble sleeping. She couldn't stop thinking about Jong Kook, "He looked soo handsome today~~" Ji Hyo said to herself, "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING SONG JI HYO!!! SNAP OUT OF IT!!" Ji Hyo hitting her head.

----------

Next day, Ji Hyo went to work, on the way to her cubicle she met up with Jong Kook going the opposite way on his way to his office. They looked at each other but they just continued walking to where they needed to go. Just like Jong Kook ordered her to do, they both pretended that they don't know each other. Around noon, Jong Kook's Dad visits without Jong Kook knowing.

"Hi, son."

"Dad.... What are you doing here?!?" Jong Kook was suprised to see his Dad visit him. He starts to panick because his Dad doesn't know that Ji Hyo works for him.

"Nothing.. I just wanted to come and visit you at work.. Why is there a problem with that?"

"You could have at least told me before hand.."

"Excuse me," the secretary interfering their chat, "Ji Hyo has some papers here she wants you to check over."

"WHY NOW?!?!" Jong Kook thought.

"Err.. Okay, just leave it on my desk.. I'll take care of it later."

"Yes, Sir," the secretary put the papers down on his desk and then left.

"Ji Hyo??" the father asked, "the one from the party yesterday?"

"N... No.. This is a different Ji Hyo.. She just has the same name as her..."

"Can I see the employee??"

"NO! You can't... She's... busy right now..."

"I won't interfere with her work. I just want to see her face.."

"It's going to disturb her though," Jong Kook said.

"It seems like he really doesn't want me to see her.. It must be that girl from the party then.." the father thought.

"Okay then.. I won't go.. I'll get going now.."

"Wait dad, I'll come with you," Jong Kook said.

"No.. It's okay, you're busy anyways,"

"No, it's okay, I'm almost finished anyways."

"I have a feeling that dad is going to look for Ji Hyo. I better go with him to make sure that he goes stright to his car." Jong Kook thought.

As they exited his office, Jong Kook whispered to his secretary, "Go find Ji Hyo and tell her to stay in her cubicle until futher notice."

"Yes Sir," the secretary quickly runs to look for Ji Hyo; However, she couldn't find her anywhere.

On the other hand, Jong Kook and his dad were in the elevator going to the first floor. As they reached first floor, they continued to walk to his fathers car. Jong Kook kept looking around to see if Ji Hyo was here, because his secretary texted him, telling him that she couldn't find Ji Hyo anywhere. Suddenly, he saw Ji Hyo entering the main entrance, where Jong Kook and his dad were headed. "Dad, What do you think of this painting right beside you? Does it look nice?" Jong Kook trying to distract his dad. "Err... Dad tell me what you think, I'll be right back."

"Okay," the father was studying the painting.

Jong Kook quickly went to Ji Hyo, and put her in a hiding spot.

"Whats going on?" she asked.

"I'll explain later, stay here," Jong Kook said and he rushed back to his Dad.

"So... what.... do .... you... think of..... the painting?" Jong Kook trying to catch his breath.

"I personally like it a lot. I think the artist put a lot of emotion into this protrait," the dad continued, "why are you out of breath?"

"No..nothing, I just... didn't want to... keep you waiting," still catching his breath, "let's go.. to your car.."

Jong Kook and his dad went to the car and he drove away.

Ji Hyo was still hiding in the spot where she was told to stay. Jong Kook entered the building after his father left, and he went striaght to Ji Hyo, "You can come out now."

"Why did you tell me to hide?"

"Lets talk in my office."

---------

As the father was driving he contacted his guy who was stalking Ji Hyo. "Are you still stalking her?"

"Yes, Sir.. She's inside a building right now.. It seems like she works here because she was there since this morning," the guy said.

"Where?"

"It looks like your sons company," the guy replied.

"I knew that he was hiding something.. " he thought. 

"Keep following her and update me if anything." the father ordered.

--------

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo went to his office. He sat down on his chair while Ji Hyo was standing.

"My father came to visit me today and he wanted to look if you worked here."

"Why didn't you just let him see me?" she asked.

"Don't you get it? My father will come be coming here almost everyday and visit you. He will keep asking you how our relationship is going. We would have to hold hands, hug each other and etc infront of my dad so he would think we are actually together and we are like any other couple." Jong Kook said.

"Soo.. What do you want me to do?" Ji Hyo asked.

"Just be cautious when you're at work. By the way, why were you entering the building when I saw you? Shouldn't you be working?" Jong Kook asked.

"I was, but I went to get a bite to eat, it was my lunch break.. Why do you have a problem with that?"

"Yes,you should have just brought food with you this morning.. You caused me a lot of trouble."

"Well sorry for not knowing your dad was going to visit you today," Ji Hyo being sarcastic, "can I go back to work now?"

"Yes go!"

Ji Hyo slammed his door while exiting out. "Aurg!!! Why does this have to be so complicated?!?!" she thought. As she reached her cubicle, her phone rang.

"Ohhh... Jin Hyuk Whats up?"

"The sky..." Jin Hyuk joked, "I gave the money to the doctor and he said that he would start the surgery right away."

"Haha...  Thanks.

"Are you free tonight?" he asked.

"Yep, How come?"

"Come to my house and I'll cook us dinner.."

"What time should I come?" Ji Hyo asked.

"Umm.. Come at 7 o'clock"

"See you then"
                                                       --------

It was 5:00 and Ji Hyo got of work. "Ahhhh.. Finally off work." As soon as she got home she went straight to the bathroom to have a shower for tonight. She wore a casual shirt with jean shorts. Since she live close to Jin Hyuks house, she left about 15 mins before 7.
                                                        --------

On the other hand, Jin Hyuk was preparing everything, he bought ingredients, cooked, and cleaned his house. He looked at the time, realizing it was already 6:50, he hasn't even gotten dressed yet. He took a very quick shower and wore a plaid shirt with dark blue jeans.

"DING-DONG."

Jin Hyuk ran to the front door and greeted Ji Hyo. "Just in time."

"Well, I didn't want to be early nor late," Ji Hyo said.

"Come in and we'll eat." She sat down in the dinning table waiting for Jin Hyuk to come out with the food. Once the food was on the table, Ji Hyos mouth began to water. "You're favorite, spicy seafood soup," Jin Hyuk smiled seeing Ji Hyo staring at the food.

"Wow, daebak! It look delicious," she was excited to eat the food. After taking a bite of the seafood, her eyes started to glitter. "Mmmmm..... Soo good!"

"Really? Is it that good?" Jin Hyuk asked.

"Yes, are you kidding me?!?" 

"Sorry! I didn't know it would be that good."

"Apology accepted," Ji Hyo continued to eat her food. After they finished dinner Jin Hyuk headed back into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm getting dessert."

"I just ate a big bowl of soup and now you're going to get dessert? My stomach feels like its going to explode any moment if I eat more."

He ignored her and got the dessert. Ji Hyo was shocked to see him come in with a cake with candles lit on it.

"Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday Ji Hyo.. Happy birthday to you," Jin Hyuk sang.

Ji Hyo was agape, speechless.

"You're old.. Already 33 years old.." Jin Hyuk joked, "blow your candles now."

"You remembered? I didn't even remember it was my birthday today."

"We'll of coarse you wouldn't, your always spacing out."

"Yah!"

"I was kidding, come on make a wish and blow your candles."

"What should I wish for..." she thought, "ahh.. I know.. I wish that I find a boyfriend who is perfect for me, and would stay with me till I die..." she blew the candles.

"Soo.. What did you wish for?"

"Chi.. Why would I tell you? My wish might not come true then," Ji Hyo said.

"Fine.. Be like that.." He placed the cake on the table.

"Thanks for the cake," Ji Hyo smiled, Jin Hyuk's heart started to beat faster.
After chatting and eating the cake, she noticed it was already late.. "I can't believe it's already 11:00! I should go now and thanks for today." Ji Hyo hugged Jin Hyuk, he was surprised by her actions that his face turned bright red.
                                               

                                                                    ----------

The guy who was stalking Ji Hyo saw everything. What shocked him was Ji Hyo hugging Jin Hyuk, he took a picture and immediately sent it to his boss. "Ahh... I knew my son and that girl weren't actually together," Jong Kook's father said.
                                                        --------

Ever since his father visited him, Jong Kook couldn't stop thinking if his father would come and visit him again tomorrow and sees Ji Hyo in the building.. How would he explain it to his father..

 The next day, Jong Kook had little sleep last night and so he kept daydreaming at work. "I'll just close my eyes for 5 minutes."

Ji Hyo went to Jong Kook's secretary office to hand some papers to Jong Kook but she wasn't there, so she had go to the office to hand the papers. She knocked on the door but there was no reply, so she entered and saw him sleeping. She tip toed to his desk where he was sleeping and out the papers down. But she didn't leave right away, she was mesmerized by his face. "Wow, he looks very handsome when he is sleeping," she thought. Suddenly, the father opened the door seeing Ji Hyo really close to Jong Kook's face, he was shocked. 

(I sorry for the late update! I've been busy.. Also I've decided to just update once a week.. I feel like this chapter isn't very well written because I rushed a little bit.. :( ill try to make the next chapter better and more interesting)