Chapter two

Why you?

I knocked on his door and entered his office. He looked confused on why I was here, "what brings you here?" he asked.

"I.... I will go to the party but only if you help me pay for my fathers surgery," I answered. He looked at me in the eyes and grinned. "I can't believe I just did that! But I don't have enough money to pay for the surgery and I didn't want to ask Jin Hyuk for money, he helped me a lot already" I thought. 

"I knew that you would agree at some point," he said, "give me your address and I'll pick you up at 7:00 pm tonight. I'll have someone send a dress to your house, and I want you to wear it."

"Okay, Sir.. See you tonight," I replied

 -------

Later on that day, I was at home getting ready for the party. There was about 30 minutes left before Sir Kim Jong Kook came to pick me up. I tried on the blue ruffle dress that Sir Kim Jong Kook sent me. It was the first time in years I've been to a party, it was very nerve wrecking.

DING-DONG! My door bell rang and I quickly went to the front to open the door.. It was Sir Kim Jong Kook, I couldn't take my eyes of him. He wore a black suit with a white shirt inside. "He looks soo handsome!" I thought, "what are you saying Ji Hyo! Are you crazy? Why would you want to fall for a guy who is mean?!?" 

"Come in Sir," I said.

"Don't call me Sir. Mmm.... Just call me oppa," he suggested as he walked in my house.

"Yes Sir.. I mean Jong Kook oppa," I replied, "have a seat, I'll just go get my bag." I sped walked upstairs to my room, double checking if my makeup was okay and got my bag.

(Authors POV)

"Wow she looks pretty!" Jong Kook thought, "snap out of it Kim Jong Kook, I don't even like her!" His face suddenly turned red once he saw Ji Hyo come in the room.

"Come on, lets go or we will be late," she said. They left the house and he lead her to his grey Lamborghini. "He must be really rich" Ji Hyo thought.

Once they reached the place where the party was held at, Jong Kook got out if his car first and then helped Ji Hyo get out of the car. Together they walked to the party. When they were inside the building, people started staring at Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo was very nervous, so she just looked down at the floor while walking. Jong Kook noticed her looking down, so he held her hand to build up her confidence. Ji Hyo was surprised when he held her hand but she felt more relaxed knowing that he was there by her side.

"HYUNG!!" Kwang Soo shouted from the other end of the room, he ran to Jong Kook. As he got closer, he noticed Jong Kook was holding a girls hand, he was shocked, because it was the first time in his life seeing his bestfriend holding a girls hand. "Hey, I see you brought a guest with you," looking at Ji Hyo, "hi, my name is Lee Kwang Soo but since you're older call me Kwang Soo," he greeted Ji Hyo.

"Hi, my name is Song Ji Hyo, but you can call me noona," she replied.

"What's your relationship with my best friend?" he asked her, " I'm just really curious."

"She's just an employee who works in my company," he answered for her, " but she's acting like we are in a relationship."

"How come?" Kwang Soo asked.

"My dad wanted me to go on a blind date, but I told him that I had someone already. I lied to him because I don't want to go on a blind date, it's a waste of time," he answered, "he told me to bring that special someone to the party and soo I brought her with me." Ji Hyo now understood why her boss wanted he to attend the party.

"AHH!! There's my son," Jong Kooks father said, interfering the trios conversation.  

"Oh!" Jong Kook startled when his father appeared out of nowhere, "how are you?" Kwang soo quietly leaving the scene.

"I'm fine," the dad said,"so, this is the special someone you've been talking about."

"Yes, Dad this is Ji hyo, Ji hyo this is my Dad," Jong Kook introducing them.

"Hi," Ji Hyo said while bowing.

"What a fine woman you have son!" congratulating Jong Kook. Then looked at Ji Hyo and said,"I'm glad you are his girlfriend."

"Thank you, Sir,"she said.

"No, no, no, don't call me sir, call me abeonim," the father grinning,"so how did you guys meet? Was it love at first sight?" Jong Kook and Ji Hyo suddenly looking at each other not knowing what to say.

"We met at a park," Jong Kook said; however, at the same time Ji hyo said that they met at a store.

"I meant we both met each other at a store first but didn't really notice each other. Later that day we met again but this time a park, that was when we started to talk and we spent the whole day together getting to know one another," Jong Kook sighed in relief. Jong Kook noticed Ji Hyo secretly putting her thumbs up praising him for quickly making up a story.

"That's very interesting," the father said," how long have you been together?"

"Not very long, we've been together for only 7 months," Ji Hyo replied avoiding his "abeonims" eyes.

"Well, it's nice meeting you Ji Hyo. Jong Kook take good take of Ji Hyo and make sure if you pay me a visit bring her along, I like talking to her. I have to get going and talk to my other friends. Bye," his father said while Ji Hyo and Jong Kook bowed. As the father was talking to his friends he glaced at his son, and he noticed that Jong Kook left Ji Hyo at a table, and he looked like he enjoyed being with his bestfriend more than Ji Hyo. On the other hand Ji Hyo looked very lonely sitting by herself and she constently looked at her watch. "You come here," commanding one of his followers, "I want you watch my son and that girl for me, and update me if my son does something weird." "Something feels fishy about those two.." the dad thought.