The Overprotective Oppa

난 니가 좋아

 

Chapter 1

 

The sound of fangirls screaming filled the corridors as the 4 males entered school together. The eldest among them, lightly smiled at the fan girls and that make the girls squeal in delight on how handsome the male is. Another guy wearing cap smirk a little to tease the fans and then threw a y wink to the crowd successfully causing a few girls to faint. The leader of the 4 smiled and waved to the girls who screamed his name whereas the umma of the group smiled brightly as he showed a few fan services here and there to the girls. The commotion only died down when the 4 males- Mark, Jackson, JB and Jr. entered their classroom when the bell rang.

 

Like usual, Jackson sat on his chair with his legs resting on the table as he played games on his phone not paying attention in class, he could always borrow the notes from either Mark or Jr. later. Jr. was paying attention and writing down notes diligently not only for himself but also for s that is clearly not paying any attention. JB on the other hand looks as if he is studying with all the writing on a piece of paper but if you look closer you will see the earpiece he had put in one of his ear and the words on the paper were lyrics he just thought of. Something out of the norm was Mark. Instead of listening to class like a good student he is, he was typing away on his phone.

 

---

<< Mark and Rina’s conversation on kakao >>

 

Mark : Are you dating?

 

Rina :  Why?

 

Mark : Mum thinks you are.

 

Rina: Why will she think that I’m dating?

 

Mark: She says that you’ve been on the phone secretly these days.

 

Rina: Oppa, you know I’m not interested in dating.

 

Mark : But still you might like someone.

 

Rina: No

 

Mark : Then who are you on the phone with?

 

Rina: You will know soon.

 

Mark: Yah you this kid.

 

Rina: :P sending messages overseas is expensive

 

Mark: Kakaotalk is free.

 

Rina: Aren’t you supposed to be in class?

 

 

“MARK TUAN! Please put away your phone. You are a model student. I expect a lot from you. I don’t want to see your phone in my class again. Is that clear?” Mr Cho, their homeroom teacher, warned him.

 

“Ne.” murmured Mark.
 

~~~

 

 

The bell rang, indicating the end of the lesson. ‘Finally, its break time.’ Mark thought to himself.

(12:01 )

 

Mark: Yes class just ended.

 

Rina : Let me guess. You got caught using phone?

 

Mark: Yes

 

Rina : :P Serve you right for using phone in class.

 

Mark: Well, i had to ask.

 

Rina : Ask? You mean the boyfriend thing?

 

Mark: Of course. If my baby girl is dating, I have the every right to know.

 

Rina : Why do you want to know?

 

Mark: So i can see if the guy is good enough for my baby girl

 

Rina: Shouldn’t you worry more about Saga? Since she is like more well-liked compared to      me.

 

Mark: So she is dating someone?

 

Rina : Now that i know of.

 

Mark: you…

 

Rina: Me?

      

Mark: …

 

Rina: Fine, I will tell you who I’m talking to “secretly”

 

Mark : Speak.

 

Rina: Its my teacher.

 

Mark: Why do you need to talk to your teacher SECRETLY?

 

Rina: I got a scholarship to Korea.

 

Mark: What? Seriously?

 

Rina: Yes. To Cheonsa University.

 

Mark: My baby girl is smart.

 

Rina: OUO Thank you?

 

Mark: So i treat it as mum and dad doesn’t know?

 

Rina: Yep. For now, only you and Saga knows about this.

 

Mark: So are you leaving Saga there?

 

Rina: No. I was talking to the teacher about the scholarship. I told him that I didn’t want to leave my sister behind so he told me to ask Saga to sign up for the scholarship of her age. She received the results and got accepted. I’m going to tell mum and dad now.

 

Mark: And why didn’t you tell them beforehand? About the scholarship thing?

 

Rina: Because i didn’t want to worry them with the money issue when we are studying in Korea.

 

<< Conversation ends >>

 

 

“Hey.” Jackson came beside him, slinging his arm on Mark’s shoulder who is busy with his phone.

 

“What’s up?” Mark replied him, unable to look away from his phone. Jackson cannot take it any longer and snatched his phone out of his hands.

 

“What are-” Mark started but was got cut of my Jackson.


“Who are you texting? Is it a girl? You are like the one of the most diligent student and yet you used your phone during lessons. Spill now!”

 

“I know right. Tell us!” JR. and JB popped out of nowhere beside Jackson.

 

“You idiots! It’s a girl-” Mark tried to say but got interrupted by Jackson again.

 

“A girl? Oh my god! Mark hyung! I knew it! Is she pretty? Hot? Popular? Se-”

 

“I was just texting my sister, Rina! God, stop interrupting me and give me back my phone!” Mark glared at them. “Sorry hyung.” Jackson said before returning the phone back to Mark.

 

“Its okay. I forgive you bro.” Mark laughed before returning his gaze back to his phone. “But what’s up with your sister?” JB can’t help but asked. “It’s like this.”

 

*** Flashback ***

 

“Hello?” Someone said from the line.

 

“Hello, mum?” Mark said.

 

“Ahhh my darling boy! How are you doing?”

 

“I’m good mum.” The male on the phone lightly laughed though there were slight tears in his eyes. He missed his parents very much. “And how are you doing?” It was Mark’s turn to ask.

 

“I’m fine even though I miss my only son a lot.” She replied.

 

“Mum! We met last lunar new year!” He pointed out. Deep down, Mark felt sad that he left his loved ones behind but it was for his studies and he fell in love with Korea. “How are my baby girls?” Mark added.

 

“Yah oppa! I’m not a baby anymore!” A voice shouted over the line causing the male to laugh.

 

“Saga, put down the phone now. I’m talking to your brother!” His mum scolded through the phone.

 

“Mum, it’s fine. I want to talk to my baby girls for a bit. Where is the other one?”

 

“Rina eonnie.”

“Rina” Both females started at the same time and then shouts were heard because both girls were arguing who to put down the phone. A soft click could be heard before the mother came on line and started speaking again. “Finally.”

 

“ Mum, you might want to consider having a different phone lines for each of the house phone.” He suggested.

 

“Mark, why is there a need for that? Besides, if i really did that, i can’t listen to the phone calls my precious gems make.”

 

“Wait mum. You actually eavesdrop the girls’ conversations?” “Well, I’m worried. Rina has been on the phone lately.” The statement made by his mum caused Mark to frown a little.

 

“A male?” He chose his words cautiously since he don’t want to make his mum worried even more.

 

“Yes, i think Rina is dating secretly.” Mark couldn’t help but smiled a little as he imagined the pout that is surely gracing on his mom's face as she replied him. But the smile did not last very long as he remembered what his mum was worrying about. His baby sister is dating? He didn’t like the sound of it at all. Even though Rina is of age to date, he is still not willing to let his sister go.

 

** End of flashback **

 

“So you are texting your sister since your mum said that she is talking to a guy?” Jackson asked in disbelief.

 

“Yep and why do you look so shocked?” Mark answered.

 

“Shouldn’t you trust your sister? If she’s dating, I’m sure she will tell your mother. That guy could be a normal friend of hers, you know?” JB interjected.
 

“Mark hyung, i didn’t know you have this side to you.” JR. joined in.

 

“Which is?” Mark finally spoke.

 

“The overprotective side!” The 3 boys replied in sync before laughing.

 

“Its not I’m protective! Its just that I’m worried for my sisters. They are so vulnerable. What if that boy plans to hurt her? What if she is in danger? What if-”
 

“Hyung! You need to take a chill pill and relax. Not all guys are bad.” Jackson interrupted.
 

“ Well, if it wasn’t for that kidnapper, i wouldn’t be so protective.” Mark thought to himself.
 

“You don’t understand. But I’m just asking. If she’s really dating, she has to tell us beforehand.” He replied firmly.

 

All the 3 boys kept quiet, knowing that once he make something clear, he will not change his mindset.