Eyes

I Thought You'd Never Say [hiatus]

 

“So basically, he told you that he was… uhh- what’s the name again?” Krystal cocked her head on Jessica’s shoulder. The latter was busy on her laptop and the younger Jung was trying to see what her sister was doing.

“Unnie”

“Uhh?”

“What are you doing?” Krystal sat beside Jessica, pushing the older Jung aside so they could both fit on the single chair.

“Yah! Jung Soojung!” Jessica whined while sending daggers towards her annoying sister. Krystal, finding out what her sister was into, furrowed her eyebrows and blankly stared at Jessica. Giving her that what-the--are-you-doing? look.

“I thought you don’t believe Kris oppa?” the younger Jung asked, her face remained the same.

“I really do not.” The older Jung firmly said and then she continued, “but you see… it won’t hurt trying right?” wiggling her eye brows in a playful manner, Jessica went back to typing with her laptop. Trying to find the certain name Kris or more to say, Tiffany told her.

 

Tiffany Han searching…
 

 

“Have you found that Tiffany Han girl?” Krystal stared at the monitor, waiting for something interesting to show up.

“You know I won’t do this right now if I already did.” Jessica scoffed. The younger Jung rolled her eyes at the statement which was, to be honest, true. She concentrated on the monitor, silently cursing the slow net which kept the searching process buffered.

“Unnie…”

“What now rascal?”

“Don’t you think Kris oppa is cheating-”

Krystal wasn’t able to finish her sentence when she felt her kissing the cold floor. Jessica had just pushed her out of the chair. “Ahhgghg you don’t have to push me!”

“That’s what you get for being stupid! How could you think of that?? Kris won’t ever cheat on me and that’s final!”

“Geez okay, fine.” Krystal stood up. She went back to her previous seat, pushing the older Jung again. To stop Jessica from cursing, she asked, “So? Any Tiffany?”

Jessica grinned, seeing the result shown on the monitor. It said there was no person having that name and so why she was sure Kris was just up to another sweet prank or that’s what she thought.

“No Tiffany Han found.” Krystal dumbly said.

“I can see that.”

“Ugh why so mean?” Krystal said to herself, “So what are you gonna do now? Obviously, there is no Tiffany on every school here in Korea.”

Jessica shrugged.

“So?” Krystal

“So what? I can’t see your point.” Jessica nonchalantly stated and instead, clicked YouTube to stream some random videos.

“Didn’t Kris oppa say that he was that Tiffany whoever that girl might be?”

“Yeah” Jessica said as she remembered what happened earlier.

 

 

“Who are you?”

“H-huh?”

“I’m asking you- who.are.you?”

“Thank God you believe me now!” Tiffany abruptly stood up, ready to give Jessica a tight hug, like what he had always do when he was a she back then. But he stopped remembering how Jessica went to her earlier, about to peck him on his lips. Thinking those thin lips touching his was the last thing he wanted at the moment. “Jessica please help me. Everything is all messed up to me. This is all wrong. I’m not the girl- guy you think I am. I suddenly woke up like this… in t-this body and definitely, my parents are worried sick of me. Please help me.”

Jessica was left in awe, she could sense the fact that Kris was all serious right at the moment. The way his face distorted in every possible way, the way his arms flung in the air, the way his voice talked the truth- this guy is seriously good in acting, that Jessica thought.

“H-how can I help you?” Jessica was near chuckling, save to Tiffany’s hopeful eyes, she stopped midway. “I don’t even know your n-name-”

“Tiffany Hwang, that’s my real name! I study in Sculplin University. I live in Seoul. I don’t have any siblings. My friends are- right! My friends! I have friends, they are Tae-”

“Kri- I mean T-tiffany, look. I don’t get you, really.” This guy sure memorized his spill really well, I should note myself to give him a warm applause later on. “Just this one, if you’re saying that you are not Kris, then where could he be?”

Jessica saw how Tiffany’s eyes turned to confusion.

“I don’t really k-know.” Got you now! Hah!

“Okay, uhmm what about we talk about this some other time because you have your class and program to attend to. We will talk about it later, okay?” Jessica mentally scoffed from the thought. She couldn’t believe that she was actually playing with Kris’ prank. The woman turned to go and was about to leave when she felt a warm hand tugged her own. She always had known how it felt like holding her boyfriend’s hand but this time was different. That she was sure of.

“Wait! Maybe your boyfriend is now living inside my body!” Tiffany voiced out.

. Screw the spark.

“You know since I am here, he must be in mine. Yeah, that’s right! I can never be wronged. Why didn’t I think of that earlier?” The last sentence was said to himself while on the other hand, a frustrated look was evident on Jessica’s face.

This is ridiculous.

“Jessica”

“Y-yes?”

“We have to find me!”
We have to find what?

“H-huh?”

“I mean we have to find Tiffany Hwang.”

“O-okay.” Jessica was left with no choice so she decided to get along with Tiffany’s plan.

Let’s just find this Tiffany Han.

 

 

“Yah unnie! Earth to Jessica~”

“W-what?” suddenly pulled away from her thoughts, Jessica stared, her eyes bewildered, at her younger sister.

“Let’s say Kris oppa is saying the truth. What do you do now?” Jessica could feel the teasing stare from the woman but she wanted to answer nonetheless. If it was true? Hell no. “What are we? Stories you read on fictions? Are you nuts?” She didn’t say she was going to answer it nicely.

“Why are you so mean?” Krystal stood up from her seat. Talking to her older sister sometimes were really such a waste of her precious time. She thought to herself, it wasn’t like she wanted Jessica to know. After all, she wasn’t prepared to face the latter’s wrath.

Krystal went straight to the kitchen, targeting the last jar of cookies left on their stocks. While on the other hand, Jessica was left on her seat, chuckling to herself as she was thinking on what Kris might have planned this time. She giggled from the thought, sure thing Kris’ way of showing affection was something else.

Suddenly, Krystal’s voice boomed from the kitchen, slightly startling the older Jung in her own world.

“Where is oppa by the way?”

“School. Today is our school’s foundation day, remember?”

“Yeah, and that I thought, you’re supposed to be there!”

“My schedule starts in an hour, I still have spare time left.”

“Oh I see” Krystal nodded and continued, “Isn’t it today? I mean, Sculplin’s foundation day as well? Do you have plans on visiting Sculplin?”

 

Sculplin University was the school located right across Eastmount University. Both schools were listed among the most prestigious universities in Korea. Sculplin was known for its best academical affairs as to why they had the title of the pack of erudite while Eastmount was known as the league of champions. Almost all of Korea’s sport representatives were from the said university. So it was not a surprise that both schools grew an unhealthy competition between them, competing on who was the best with each category.

Jessica, Kris and Krystal belonged to Eastmount while Tiffany and the rest of her friends were from Sculplin.

“So? Will you go?” Krystal asked for the second time as she kept the jar of cookies and a glass of mango juice on her hands.

“No” Jessica answered, not really interested.

“I thought you agreed on helping Kris oppa?”

“Do you think I’m that gullible? Kris is just messing with me.”

“Never thought of that.”

“Kris is just too much someti-”

“Nah~ that you’re not gullible.”

“What the…” Krystal held her hands up in defeat, not really wanting to meet the end of her day.

 

“You want some cookie?” Jessica was on the verge of kicking her, “or m-mango? He he.”

 

 

You’ve got to be kidding me!

Tiffany was pinned like a statue on her spot, having no idea what to do right at the moment. He heard the crowd cheered for him. They were mostly girls jumping around and shouting ‘I love you oppa’ continuously, some were even using placards with his name on it while the rest of the guys were also cheering him on, clapping and whistling at him. Tiffany again stared at the thing on his hands.

How do I use this?

Tiffany let the thing fell down but to his dismay, it bounced back to his hands. However, the crowd cheered at the simple move. Tiffany darted his eyes around, looking for the certain woman he needed to see right now.

Where are you Jessi-

 

“Kris hyung!” the guy named Hyunwoo ran to him. Tiffany met him earlier in his class.

“Y-yeah?”

“Are you not feeling well? You don’t seem fine.” Hyunwoo said as he eyed Tiffany’s face. The latter was sweating the fact that his face was all pale from nervousness.

“I… I really d-don’t know.” Tiffany answered, “Is it o-okay if I do not p-play?” 

His teammate Hyunwoo was about to retort when the buzzer was heard inside the gym, indicating that the game had finally started. Tiffany saw Hyunwoo ran backwards while showing him his index finger rose up. What does that mean? What number 1?

Tiffany was rattled, rather scared. He never had imagined that this moment would happen. Tiffany wasn’t prepared for all of these. He stared at the ball on her hands. It seemed so small on him, yes, yet, he had no clue what to do with it until a loud whistle from one of the referees startled him. Tiffany saw how the other men ran into his right while a few stayed on the left court, and so Tiffany decided.

He ran to where most of the players went with the ball on his hands but his steps halted when he received another loud whistle from another referee.

The referee signaled a fault: TRAVELING

 

Whoah! Did you see that? Kris didn’t know how to dribble!

Maybe he’s sick. He doesn’t look good!

It’s okay Kris oppa! Marry me and I’ll dribble the ball for you!!!

Saranghaeyo oppa!

Oppa it isn’t your fault! Screw that refereeeee!

Whoooo Kris Wuu I love youuuu! You still have a point from me!

 

Tiffany was scared. He didn’t even know what was happening. All he knew was the fact that some guy with a name ‘OK’ written at the back of his shirt snatched the ball from him and ran.

“Kris! Get your head in the game!” It was Changmin, one of his teammate, went to him and tapped Tiffany on the shoulder. Ouch that hurts.

Tiffany ran into a direction, following Changmin since he had no idea what to do inside the court. I never should have let Jessica left me-

“KRIS HYUNG LOOK OUT!”

The crowd’s loud shriek was the last thing Tiffany heard before he collapsed, unconscious, on the floor.

 

 

Tiffany blinked a few times before his eyes adjusted on his surroundings. He was brought by his teammates in the school’s clinic right after the ball collided with Tiffany’s prominent face.

Tiffany sat from his slumber. Still feeling dizzy, he suddenly used his right arm to support his body from falling out of the bed. That’s when the school’s nurse noticed Tiffany being awake and ran to his side, giving Tiffany another support.

“You shouldn’t be moving yet K-kris.” Hara, the school nurse, stuttered. It was the very first time Kris or now, Tiffany was brought to the clinic. Everyone knew how tough the guy was so they were all bothered by the incident.

“Don’t worry. I’m okay, thank you miss.”

Hara blushed. Kris never had talked nor spoke a word before. He would just always give a curt nod and that was all of it.

“K-kris, you c-can stay more if you w-want. You still n-need to r-recover.” Tiffany was oblivious with the stare Hara was giving him, after all, they were both girls. That he would always thought of.

“No, I still need to find Jessi-”

“Kris!” Hara and Kris were both startled at the woman who was standing on the door. Her hair slightly messed from the running, her soccer uniform slightly crumpled and her breath panting.

“Jessica!” Tiffany chimed, feeling relieved to see the woman in front of him. Tiffany suddenly walked to her, couldn’t prevent the urge to hug Jessica. But because of dizziness, Tiffany missed his first step and was about to hug the floor save to Hara’s quick reflex. The nurse quickly wrapped her arm around Tiffany’s waist and in return, Tiffany draped his arm onto Hara’s shoulder.

“Oh my God! Thank you very much.” Tiffany laughed out of embarrassment, not because of the intimate position they were on but because of his clumsiness.

On the other hand, Jessica furrowed her eye brows. Her breathing quickened than it already was and the next thing she saw, Kris (Tiffany) was already giving the nurse a warm hug and that smile which no one had seen before but she.

“Kris” Jessica called in a flat tone.

Hara, receiving the deadly glares, removed herself from Tiffany.

“M-miss Jung, your boyfriend is already well. You should let him rest a little more and-”

“You do not tell me what to do.” Jessica stated after grabbing Tiffany’s hand and got the both of them out of the clinic.

Jessica continued to drag Tiffany out of the campus, she was planning to take Tiffany home. Aftrerall, her boyfriend was injured. Fortunately, one of her friends told her what happened to Kris and right there, she ditched her soccer game.

“Jessica wait, I’m feeling dizzy.” Tiffany stopped the woman on her tracks, save to his strength so he was able to. “Kris what did just happen?” Jessica asked while Tiffany was busy massaging the bridge of his nose. It was the part damaged and luckily, there was no blood oozing out or else, he would have fainted right there and then.

“The ball hit me on the face!” Tiffany pouted.

“The ball… hit you? On the face?”

“Yeah, it hurts so much Jessie.”

Jessie? He never calls me that way. What happened to baby?

“I’m never gonna touch that ball ever again!” and Tiffany cried.

Annoyance was again visible in Jessica’s face. Thinking how long Kris would act this way. 

Out of patience, Jessica walked away, leaving Tiffany on the ground confused.

 

 

[Tiffany's POV]

“Jessie!”

“Jessica wait!” Despite the fact that my mind was still in a roller coaster ride, I ran after Jessica. Why is she leaving me all of a sudden?

I managed to catch her arm from behind but since of that ball hitting me on the face, I tripped and stumbled on the ground. My knees wounded. I felt Jessica’s arms supporting me, her slender arms caught under my arms and lifted me up. Whoah, this woman is so strong.

“Are you alright? Why are you so clumsy?” Jessica asked.

“I’m sorry.” Ugh, I was born this way.

“Will you be fine walking?”

“Yes of course.” I tried to smile to her but she never ree. Did I get her mad again?

“Jessica… I-“ A group of girls laughing at each other caught my attention. I averted my eyes on the spot where I heard the voices and there I saw them.

It’s them! My friends!

 

[end of T-POV]

 

Tiffany ran from Jessica, the latter was left agape and just followed where the former was going. And that was when Jessica saw Tiffany running to Sculplin’s group of students. It was the first time someone from the other school boldly took a step on the other school’s perimeters.

Kris Wu was the first one to step on the line.

Jessica kept her distance away but made sure to be close enough to hear everything.

“Taeyeon! Yoona, Yuri, Hyo!” Tiffany called, gaining the attentions of the said names. “It’s me Tiffany! I know I don’t look the way I should be but please believe me, I’m Tif-”

“I’m sorry?” It was Taeyeon who was able to regain her composure back. The three other girls were left mute and didn’t dare to let out even a single word.

“Taeyeon, it’s me. Tiffany, your best friend! Taeyeon it’s me.” Tiffany tried harder, thinking Taeyeon and her friends couldn’t believe him because of the way he looked. But boy, he was wrong.

“I don’t know any Tiffany, I’m sorry?” Taeyeon’s voice was clearly heard by Tiffany and he was sure that tone was genuine. Tiffany knew her since they were in diapers and he knew, Taeyeon didn’t know her.

Taeyeon and the rest of her friends didn’t remember her.

“C-can’t you really r-remember me?” Tiffany choked on his words,  tears were visible from the corners of his eyes.

“I’m sorry mister but we don’t know who you are talking about. Please do not touch Taeyeon.” It was Yoona who curtly removed Tiffany’s hand from Taeyeon’s forearm. Tiffany was dumfounded, but nevertheless, he did what he was told to. He removed his hand away and casually wiped away the threatening tears to fall.

“I’m so s-sorry for the disturbance.” Tiffany uttered and left to Jessica.

The crowd forming from each school which was gathered earlier from the scene dispersed and lessened. Jessica was fully aware of the scene and saw Tiffany walking onto her with his face fully dejected. She had also noticed the group of girls where the girl named Taeyeon belonged to, walked out from the scene. They were still eyeing Tiffany, or so she thought Kris, weirdly.

“J-jessie… they can’t remember me.”

“Kris, was that necessary?” Anger was visible in Jessica’s voice and Tiffany was aware of it.

“What do you mean?” Tiffany felt mad all of a sudden. Didn’t Jessica say that she would help her?

“Kris, get it over okay? It isn’t funny. This is out of the boundary Kris!”

“They were my friends! And why can’t you understand that I am not Kris! I told you, I’m not him!”

Tiffany’s statement just added fuel in Jessica’s anger. Jessica couldn’t understand where Kris was coming from. Yesterday, they were okay, sitting at home, having a movie marathon over the weekend. And just this Monday morning, everything went wrong. Kris was making it all complicated for her. Everything was out of control and it was all because of Kris.

Jessica wiped the uncontrolled tears rolling on her face. This was it.
Kris called for it so she was about to give what he wanted.

“This is over. I’m breaking up with you.” Jessica said as she left Tiffany alone.

 

 

“You did what?!” Krystal asked in shock, her eyes about to burst out of its own sockets.

“I c-called it off.”

“You what?!”

“Kris and I are over okay?” Jessica said and covered herself with her baymax blanket.

After a minute, Krystal heard her sister bawl. Sniffs and sobs filled the room and the younger Jung was just there standing awkwardly.

“L-leave me alone.” Jessica said, stuttering.

“Are you guys really over-”

“I said leave me alone!”

“Jess grow up will you? What are you, 5?”

Jessica cried harder. She was in deep regret of breaking it all up with Kris. She never should have said that in the first place.

“By the way, if you’re done in there. Go outside and meet Kris oppa okay? He’s been standing there since earlier-” Krystal didn’t have to finish her sentence when Jessica ran past her, bumping her in the process. “I should have known ugh.” Krystal said to herself and instead, lied down where Jessica was earlier and slept.

Jessica ran outside the house and there she saw Tiffany sitting on the swing. His face buried on his palms and murmuring words which Jessica couldn’t comprehend of. She took slow steps towards the swing and sat beside the dejected Tiffany.
Hearing the noise beside him, Tiffany eagerly whipped his head to his left and saw Jessica playing with her fingers.

“Jessica!” Tiffany hugged the woman, not really minding the chains getting in the way. The girl was stiffed all along, having no idea if to embrace back or stay still. She already had called everything off between them, didn’t she?

“K-kris”

Tiffany pulled himself from the hug and stared straight into Jessica’s pair of eyes. “Jessie…”
There it goes the ‘Jessie’ again. Jessica thought, “just this once, believe me Jessica, Kris is not me.  I am Tiffany.”

If it wasn’t to Tiffany’s eyes, Jessica would have retaliated and left Tiffany for the second time, but no. Jessica, staring at those eyes, the way they stared to hers piercing through her soul. She was sure this time, this was different.

“Kiss me.”

“W-what?” Tiffany was taken aback by the sudden request. He never saw it coming.

“I said, kiss me.” Jessica firmly said. Tiffany saw how her eyes dilated into something else and he knew she wasn’t kidding.

K-kiss her? How am I supposed to do that?!

“Look Jessie, you know, we can just-”

Tiffany was never able to put an end to his statement when thin lips were pressed against his. His eyes widened at the fact that Jessica was kissing him. But when those lips moved on him, seeking a response, Tiffany unconsciously closed his eyes and let himself felt the warmth Jessica’s lips were giving him. His arms moved to Jessica’s waist as if they had their own brain apart from Tiffany himself. Slowly, Tiffany moved his lips, copying what Jessica was doing and soon felt the urge to do more. But his wish wasn’t heard when Jessica pulled away. Tiffany opened her eyes and those brown orbs were the first thing he saw. Jessica’s eyes were staring back at her like he was some kind of a math problem which was needed to be solved.

“Uhh Jessie?” Tiffany broke the deafening silence. He was not comfortable on what Jessica was doing to him. He needed her to talk, even a hum would do.

Jessica please, say something-

“You- ahh I mean... -ugh” Tiffany saw how frustrated Jessica was to even say a word, but nonetheless, he waited for her to finish. “You tasted like strawberries.” was all Jessica said before she stood from the swing and awkwardly stayed in front of Tiffany.

On the other hand, Tiffany, already forgetting the kiss which happened a while ago, stood as well and showed a thing which Krystal gave him while he was waiting for the brunette earlier.

“Oh Krystal gave me this!” Tiffany giggled, showing a lip gloss strawberry flavored towards Jessica. “Isn’t it sweet?” Jessica awkwardly nodded and cursed her younger sister in her mind.

“Okay so uhh” Jessica scratched the back of her head, “uhh T-tiffany right?” the brunette asked.

Tiffany was not able to hide his grin as he nodded continuously, afraid that Jessica might change her mind and treat him as Kris all over again.

“O-okay, uhmm we gotta have to get inside. It’s getting cold in here.” Jessica said and walked into the house. Tiffany followed the woman, couldn’t contain his smile on his face. The fact that Jessica believed him was all he was asking right now. Jessica was all he needed.

The couple entered the house, Jessica stopped and so was Tiffany.

“Hmm what about we talk tomorrow about everything and just today… uhh let’s call it a night? Would that be okay with you?” Jessica slowly asked. Tiffany in return smiled at her and nodded.

“Okay” Tiffany beamed and walked towards his room. Sure thing he could still remember where he accidentally woke up earlier in the morning. But then he stopped on his tracks and turned back to Jessica who was now heading to her own room.

“Jessie!”

Jessica turned back, confused. “Yes?”

“Thank you.” Tiffany said with his hands clasped on his back and his feet slightly tiptoeing, just like a typical girl would do when she was talking to her crush. Jessica found the gesture awkward since all she could see was ‘Kris’ acting like nuts but then again, it was cute to her at the same time. Tiffany was cute she thought.

“You’re welcome Tiffany.” Jessica smiled and that was the best smile Tiffany saw the entire day, it was beautiful and genuine. Tiffany then finally went to his room and sealed the night with a peaceful smile.

While Jessica…

 

 

“JUNG SOOJUNG!” 

Sleeping Krystal was sure dead.

 


 


TBC...