Pencil Throwing

EXO At It's Finest

 

            Three days. It’s been three days since the last time she was at the school. Within those three days, Sun-mi picked up her school uniform and prepared her school supplies.

            She walked into the building and entered the teacher’s office room. Sun-mi looked around for Mr.Zhang.

            “WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU GUYS ARE DOING COMING TO SCHOOL LATE?” Sun-mi recognized that screaming and turned around. She saw Mr.Zhang with a ruler, yelling at other students. “YOU! WHY IS YOUR SHIRT UNTUCKED? DO YOU THINK WE’RE AT SOME CLUB?” The student hurriedly started tucking in his shirt. Sun-mi walked over to where Mr.Zhang was at and tapped his shoulder lightly.

          “WHAT DO YOU WA--Oh, Sun-mi!” He said, immediately smiling at her when he realized it was Sun-mi. He turned back at the male students and slapped the side of their thighs. “Get to class!” He looked at Sun-mi with a smile on his face.  

          “Welcome! It’s your first day, right? Let me get your schedule.” He strolled into the teachers’ office and towards his desk. He looked around and under stacks of paper until he found what he was looking for.

          “Here it is!” He said, reading the paper, making sure it was Sun-mi’s file he was handing over. “It says you’re in Class 2-B...I’m sure you’re smart enough to find it, right?” Sun-mi nodded and took the paper he was giving her. Sun-mi bowed to Mr.Zhang and then started making her way out of the room.

          “Have fun! Oh and make friends!” He said cheerfully. Sun-mi stopped in her tracks and frowned a little.

          I wish. Sun-mi continued walking.

 

          Sun-mi stood outside the classroom labeled, “2-B”. She took deep breaths a few times before sliding open the door.

          She looked up from the ground and her eyes met with every single other ones in the room. Sun-mi stopped breathing. Her heart started beating irregularly. Every person in the room stopped what they were doing and had their eyes set on the unfamiliar girl standing near the door. Sun-mi felt the silence stretch across the room with ease. Sun-mi quickly dropped her gaze to her shoes and shut her eyes.

          Please stop staring. Please.

          Sun-mi held her breath and started counting in her head.

          One, two, three, four, fi-

          “What’s going on here?” Everyone eyes moved away from the girl and towards Ms.Kim, who just walked into the room. Even Sun-mi broke away from her thoughts and looked up the woman who strolled to the front desk. She was tall and very pretty in Sun-mi’s opinion. The teacher must've been in her mid-twenties. One of the students raised their hand.

          “Ms.Kim. Is that the new student?” He said, lowering his raised hand to point at Sun-mi. Ms.Kim turned her head towards the girl standing by the doorway. Sun-mi made short eye contact with the teacher before shyly looking back down at her shoes. Ms.Kim stared at the girl for some time before speaking.

          “Come here,” She said. Sun-mi walked towards the front desk. The woman held out her hand, signaling for Sun-mi to hand over her paper. Sun-mi, with shaking hands, handed over her sheet of paper. Ms.Kim read the paper and then looked over at Sun-mi. She noticed the girl’s actions and quickly guessed that she was a shy one.

          “Eun Sun-mi. Class 2-B.” Ms.Kim said, reading off the paper. She didn’t want to have to force the girl into introducing herself in front of the whole class. She handed back Sun-mi’s paper.

          “Your seat,” She pointed to a desk near the far end of the room, right next to the window. “Is over there.” Sun-mi bowed to her teacher and quickly rushed to her desk, not making any eye contact. While she was getting seated, everyone else in the room separated from their groups and returned to their assigned desks. Ms.Kim straightened out the papers on her desk.

          “Class will now begin.”

          Suddenly there were loud noises coming from outside the classroom and the door opened with three bodies tumbling in. Mr.Kim and everyone in the room turned towards the ruckus. The three males immediately stood up and dusted themselves off. Ms.Kim raised her eyebrows and the class giggled.

          They all rubbed the back of their necks, bowed and quickly rushing to their seats. One of them sat in the empty seat in front of Sun-mi, another one sat in the seat next to Sun-mi, and the last one sat across the room from them, but Sun-mi didn't notice. Ms.Kim cleared , looking at all three boys.

          “I’m going to let you guys pass because I don’t want to scare the new student.” She glared at them and they all mumbled an apology. “Now, continuing on with the lesson.” She said, turning around to write on the chalkboard. The student that sat in front of Sun-mi turned around towards the guy who sat next to her.

          “Hey Sehun, do you have a pencil I can borr-” He stopped talking and noticed the once empty seat behind him, was now occupied. He did a double take when he noticed who it was.

          “SUN-MI?!” He asked loudly. Sun-mi looked up from taking notes and her eyes widen at who she saw in front of her. Ms.Kim turned around from the chalkboard and look directly at the boy who just spoke.

          “Kim Jongin. I would prefer it if you would stay quiet during my lesson.” He turned his head towards the teacher, still in shock.

          “Miss! Is she our new student?” He asked, turning around to look at Sun-mi once more, making sure he wasn’t going crazy.

          “Yes. Now, please turn around and stop disturbing my class.” Ms.Kim said. Kai still had his eyes wide and turned around once more to look at Sun-mi. She glanced up at him but then caught him staring and immediately looked down and continued with her notes.

          A pencil flew across the room and hit Kai in the forehead. Kai stopped staring at Sun-mi and looked around the room to see who did that. Everyone in the room had their heads down, taking notes. His eyebrows furrowed for a moment before he shrugged and picked up the pencil, using it to his advantage. He took one last look at Sun-mi and turned around in his seat, paying attention to the chalkboard.

 

          When Kai suddenly yelled, Chanyeol looked across the room. At first all he saw was Kai’s surprised face, but after Chanyeol leaned forward, he saw as clear as day, Sun-mi sitting right there. The sunlight coming from the window shined behind her figure, making her look like an angel. Chanyeol was confused, but his confusion quickly disappeared when Ms.Kim announced that she was the new student.

          Chanyeol was more than happy to find out she would be in the same class as him. After Ms.Kim scolded Kai, everyone went back to working, but Chanyeol couldn’t help himself but to take another look at Sun-mi across the room. Yet when Chanyeol turned his gaze towards her, he was greeted by the sight of Kai staring at her while she worked. Chanyeol aura suddenly became dark as he watched Kai practically drool over her.

          He glared at Kai then took his spare pencil (he always brings 2 pencils just in case), and precisely aimed it at Kai’s forehead, then threw it. Chanyeol quickly turned back into his seat, pretending to write the notes that were on the board. He watched from the corner of his eyes, Kai searching for the culprit then shrugging it off.

 

          It wasn’t until ten minutes later, a message came across the intercom.

          “Byun Baekhyun. Come to the teachers’ office immediately. Byun Baekhyun, come to the teachers’ office.

          Everybody in the room,besides Sun-mi, started laughing. Kai was slowly clapping and nodding while the guy next to her was snickering.

          “Wah~ He really did it now!”

          “A true legend.”

          “He’s gonna get it.”

          Comments started piling up one after the other. Sun-mi was confused as to why everyone was getting excited. Kai noticed the expression on Sun-mi’s face and explained to her why everyone’s riled up.

          “Yesterday when Mr.Shin left after Baekhyun's punishment, Baekhyun wrote something inappropriate on the chalkboard. I guess they found out who did it." Sun-mi wondered what that guy wrote that made him get into huge trouble.

          Suddenly the classroom door opened and in came a boy followed by a teacher. The boy shook the teacher's grip off his arm.

          "I can walk without a babysitter, thank you very much." The boy said. Sun-mi looked at his facial features and he looked very much like an innocent school boy, if you took out his attitude.

          "Byun Baekhyun. Transferring from Class 2-A to 2-B due to reckless behavior and causing disturbance to the students and teachers." The teacher who walked in with Baekhyun said his words and quickly left after.

          "That's Baekhyun." Kai whispered to Sun-mi, pointing at the boy at the front of the room. Ms.Kim looked at Baekhyun.

          "Welcome to Class 2-B. I hope you learned from your mistakes and not cause trouble in my class." She said sternly, raising her eyebrows at him. Baekhyun smiled at her.

          "I heard you're a nice one, miss." He spoke, grinning widely. Ms.Kim scoffed at him.

          "Get to your seat, young man." She pointed to the last empty seat near the back. As Baekhyun walked down the rows of desks, high-fives and compliments were given to him. Baekhyun saw who he was going to be seated by and immediately beamed.

          "Yeolie!" Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun with his wealthy teeth.

          "Baekhyunnie!"

          They high-fived, but their hands lingered together for a while until they let go. Baekhyun sat in his desk and looked around the room. He spotted Kai and Sehun across the room.

          "Yo! Kai!" He said. Kai smiled and waved at Baekhyun.

          "And Sehun!" The boy sitting next to Sun-mi didn't turn around to look at Baekhyun but instead saluted with two fingers.

          Sun-mi took note that her seat neighbor's name was 'Sehun'.

 

          The bell rang, signaling that it was lunch time.

          "You guys better come back or I'll hunt you down!" Ms.Kim yelled as everyone rushed out the room to the cafeteria. Sun-mi was the last one still in the classroom. She was waiting for everyone to leave so that she can speak to Ms.Kim privately.

          Sun-mi walked towards Ms.Kim and handed her the hand-written letter from Sun-mi's doctor. Ms.Kim was surprised that Sun-mi was still in the classroom. She looked at the small sheet of paper her student was handing her.

          "What's this?" Ms.Kim said. Cautiously unfolding the letter, Ms.Kim took one last glance at Sun-mi before reading the paper.

 

Dear Sun-mi's teacher,

          I would like to inform you that Sun-mi is living with something called Social Anxiety Disorder. This causes her to feel scared or worried when having to socialize. In Sun-mi's case, she can only feel most at ease when speaking to one or two people she's familiar with. So I'm telling you this in advanced, just in case something happens and you wouldn't know how to deal with it. Please refrain from having Sun-mi to do oral presentations in front of a large group. I would advise you to make Sun-mi do it separately and privately.

          I hope you give Sun-mi the best school year after coming back from therapy. Please take care of her.

          Thank You,

          Doctor Choi

 

          Sun-mi stood there awkwardly, staring at her shoes, shifting her weight from one leg to the other. When Doctor Choi handed Sun-mi the letter, he specifically told her not to read it. He said it was only for her teachers. So the only people who read that letter were Ms.Kim and Doctor Choi himself.

          Ms.Kim was more than just shocked at what she read. She was heart-broken. She would have never thought that someone, at such a young age, would have these problems. Ms.Kim may seem like a strict teacher, but she was really a kind and understanding woman.  

          Sun-mi looked up after hearing Ms.Kim put down the paper. Ms.Kim had her head in her hands, covering her face. Sun-mi suddenly started to worry for her teacher.

          "Ms.Kim? Are you okay? Do you need me to get the nurse?" Sun-mi said quietly. When Sun-mi spoke, Ms.Kim let out a sob.

          Her voice is beautiful. Ms.Kim thought.

          "Ms.Kim!" Sun-mi said worriedly, taking a step forward, only to be stopped by Ms.Kim's hand. She wiped her tears and breathed. Her face was flushed and her eyes became puffy. She suddenly stood up from her desk and rushed to hug Sun-mi. Sun-mi's eyes widened at the unexpected action by her teacher.

          "I promise. I promise, to take of you. I promise." She cried onto her shoulder. Sun-mi was far beyond confused, but smiled warmly and patted her teacher's back.

 

          "Tch."

          The boy leaned off the wall outside of Class 2-B and walked off towards the cafeteria.

          He strolled to his lunch table where his friends were at. When he sat down, an arm wrapped around his shoulder.

          "Sehun! Did you find your ID?"

          "No."

          "Maybe you left it in the classroom?"

          Sehun thought about what he saw a while ago and decided to ignore it.

          "Yeah, maybe I did."

 

 

Hello! I'm really glad to hear that everyone is enjoying my story. It makes makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. You can subscribe and comment. The upvotes don't matter to me. As long as I know people are enjoying and reading my story, I'm really fine with that. :)

Here is the Troublemaker Baekhyun and The Hun.