Welcome to the XOXO Café!

EXO At It's Finest

          Sun-mi finished unpacking everything. She was more careful this time with walking around the building. Before she would leave her apartment, she would look left and right to see if anyone was in the hallway. And whenever she turned a corner she would hide behind the wall and then crane her neck as far as possible to make sure there weren’t people that would probably try to greet her. She went from the moving truck back to her apartment carrying boxes and checking everywhere to see if there was anyone present.

          Her apartment wasn’t big nor was it small. It was a normal size for an apartment with 2 bedrooms, one bathroom, a space for lounging and a kitchen.   

          Sun-mi walked around her apartment and sighed at how well everything fitted in. She walked by the photo frames she put up and stared at a certain one. In that photograph were her and her parents. Sun-mi had a small smile planted on her lips. She remembered her parents well. She remembered her dad as a loud but supporting father and her mom as an odd but smart woman in her mid-thirties. But most importantly, she remembered them as her parents. The ones who raised her and the ones that taught her many things. 

          Mom, Dad, I’m doing well. How are you?

          Sun-mi quickly wiped the tear that escaped from her eye. She smiled sadly and turned away from the pictures. She looked around her apartment some more until her stomach growled. She stared down at her stomach, looked up in confusion, then stared back down at her stomach.

          Am I hungry?

          She walked over to the refrigerator and opened it only to find nothing. Absolutely nothing. Her eyebrows furrowed then she squinted at the empty fridge.  She frowned at the thought of having to go somewhere and buy food. That required talking to people and Sun-mi didn’t seem to be in the mood to communicate at the moment.

          There was a pamphlet on nearby places you can go to and that was what Sun-mi was looking at right now. She read through the names of restaurants and fancy diners but none of which fit her taste. That’s when she came across a name that looked funny but caught her eye.

          XOXO Café: Where not only you can enjoy the food, but the service as well!

          She eyed the paper in her hands. The location actually wasn’t that far. It was down the street where she can just walk there. She looked at the small picture of the café that was printed onto the pamphlet. The place looked really pleasant and cute.

         Maybe it’s not that popular. Maybe no one goes there. I can just enter, order my food, and sit in the corner while I eat my food peacefully.

          She smiled at the thought, but slightly cringed at the idea of having to talk and order her food. But she knew it would just be a few seconds of her life having to speak with someone she never knew. She shook her head and went to go get ready for dinner.

          Sun-mi strolled by small shops and stores until she spotted a dainty looking store. It looks exactly like the picture. The building itself was a light pistachio color and had glass double doors. Above the door had a sign in black that read, “XOXO Café”.

         Sun-mi closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She breathed out through her nose and pushed open the doors.

          It was when the loud chattering from teenage girls reached her ears that she realized the café was not an unpopular one. The place was so crowded. She looked around and saw that most of the clients were females not any younger than she was. It was when she looked at the whole place in general that she noticed waiters. Plenty of them. In fact, one was even talking to her.

          “Welcome to the XOXO Café! Would you like to be seated?” The waiter smiled a smile that could make any girl’s heart beat irregularly.

          And Sun-mi’s heart was definitely beating irregularly, but not because of this handsome young man. But because there was someone speaking to her, directly. And because there were too many people in the room, all socializing with one another.

          Within less than a second, Sun-mi felt like she was falling. And falling she went, straight into the waiter’s arms. Gasps filled the entire café and everyone’s attention was on the unconscious girl.

          “Man! This is the third time today!”

 

 

 

I posted both of the first chapters because the first one was too short and I didn't want to keep you guys waiting on such a boring chapter.

Don't forget to show your support by subscribing, commenting, and voting! ^.^