Eun Sun-mi

EXO At It's Finest

          By the time Sun-mi finished her dinner, the majority of the customers have left. Sun-mi really didn’t want to be the last one out, so she quickly finished her food and paid the amount. Sun-mi was about to leave the cafe when someone slightly caught her wrist. She turned around and saw Chanyeol slightly blushing, holding her left wrist. Chanyeol looked down at their hands and quickly let go of her arm.

          “You’re not...going home alone, are you? I mean, it’s dark outside and there’s a lot of weird people on the streets at night...And since we live really close to each other, we should...what I’m saying is...maybe I can...um…we should walk home together.” Chanyeol mumbled the last part, hoping she didn’t hear it.

          Sun-mi stared at the boy in front of her. He was blushing a lot more now than before.  She thought about what he said and started rethinking about walking home alone. She would actually feel more comfortable if someone were to walk beside her. As long as he didn’t force her into making conversation.

          When Sun-mi nodded, Chanyeol smiled so widely, it lit up the whole night. Sun-mi was slightly taken aback by his sudden change of emotion from embarrassment to happiness.

          “Let me get my coat!” Chanyeol said gleefully. He took off his apron and ran into the back room.

          Kai was standing off on the side, opening and closing the cash register. He really didn’t have anything to do. His eyes followed Chanyeol as he excitedly rush past him and enter the staff room. Kai pondered in his thoughts for a few moments, then slammed his hands on the counter and loudly pushed back his chair.

          Sun-mi turned at the sounds coming across the room. Kai stared at Sun-mi in a way that made her very uncomfortable. He then walked out of the room. As Kai entered the staff room, he passed by Chanyeol, who was already leaving.

          Chanyeol smiled brightly when he saw Sun-mi still waiting for him at the door.

          "Let's go, shall we?" He said pushing open the door widely, letting her go first. Before he walked out he turned his head inside the cafe.

          "See you guys at home! I'll be going first!" And he strolled out of the cafe and started walking down the street with Sun-mi.

          It's only been about two minutes since they left the place, yet they haven't said a word to each other. Chanyeol, with his talkative persona, obviously wasn't used to this kind of silence. But with Sun-mi, he felt comfortable knowing that she wasn't silent because she disliked him. It was because he knew she was a shy person that caused her to be silent.

          One thing has been on Chanyeol's mind and that was Sun-mi's voice. When she ordered her drink, he was mesmerized by how soft her voice came out to be. He was even more mesmerized when she ordered her food.

 

          "Wa...water, please." Chanyeol heard. For a moment, he thought an angel was talking, but then he thought about Kai (who he knew was serving right behind him) and thought he was no angel. Chanyeol turned around in his seat to look at Kai, but he ended up coming face-to-face with long, dark hair. Chanyeol was awfully confused, but then realized that it was his neighbor's head. He peeked over her head and saw Kai writing something down on the ordering sheet. Then he looked at the back his neighbor's head again.

          'Wait. Was that her?' He thought.

 

          Chanyeol watched the girl walk next to him in the corner of his eyes. Chanyeol thought she was really pretty. He saw that she looked kind of plain, but that's exactly what made her stunning in his eyes. The way she walked was cute. She would stare at her shoes while walking and since she was looking down, her cheeks would look really round and that made Chanyeol want to pinch them.

          Chanyeol stared at her some more before realizing that he still didn't know her name. Chanyeol thought about it. He was going to ask her. Yes, in the most polite way possible so that way, it won't seem like he wanted to know her name so badly. Chanyeol cleared his throat before speaking.

          "What's your na-"

         "YAH, HYUNG! WAIT FOR ME!"

          Chanyeol wanted to die right then and there. Chanyeol and Sun-mi stopped walking and turned around. He irritatedly watch Kai jog his way towards them. Kai halted in front of them and bent down with his hands on his knees, breathing heavily.

          "Wah~ Hyung, you walk really fast for heavy giant."

          "I'm only a couple inches taller than you."

          Kai looked up at Chanyeol and stared.

          "And?" Kai said. Chanyeol took off his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose.

          "Oh, hello." Chanyeol looked up at Kai and saw him smiling at the girl. He put back on his glasses and watched as the girl shyly wave at Kai.

          "What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asked. All three of them started walking, with Chanyeol between Sun-mi and Kai.

          Kai gave a side glance at the girl and looked ahead of him.

          "Suho hyung said that I can leave early." Kai said. He wasn't lying, but he wasn't telling the whole truth either.

 

          Kai practically bursted into the staff room, making everyone look at him. Suho stopped what he was doing and stared at Kai with a confused look.

          "Suho hyung. Can I go home early?"

          "No. You're shift doesn't end yet."

          "But hyuuunnnnggg~ It's already late at night~ Can I pleaaaasseee leave early~" Aegyo. That's one thing from Kai that makes everyone in the room cringe. Yes, Kai is the second youngest out of all of them, but it doesn't mean it makes him the cutest.

          Suho looked away from Kai and shook his head rapidly.

          "No." Kai glared at Suho before he suddenly balled up both his fists and put them next to his cheeks.

          "Hyung~ bbuing~ bbuing~ Ohhh! I reaalllyy want to leave early but hyung is being soooooo mean! Bbuing~ Bbuing~"

          Suho looked horrified. Everyone in the room looked like they witnessed murder, eyes wide, mouth agape. Kai was embarrassed, but he he still had his pride. (I think)

          "Fine! Fine! You can go! Just-please, don't ever do that again. Oh god." Suho couldn't look at Kai. He couldn't. He was traumatized, lost, and scared. He would never be able to look at Kai the same ever again.

          "Wah hyung! You're the coolest person I know!" Everyone watched as he grabbed his coat and rush out the room.

          Silence fell upon the members. Suho had his eyes closed, hoping that the image would disappear. Chen had a blank look and wouldn't snap out of it. Every other person in the staff room looked like they wanted to cry.

 

          Kai clicked his tongue and turned his head to Chanyeol.

          "Enough about me, why are you walking home with, uh, her?" Kai took another glance at Sun-mi and then at Chanyeol.

          "I can't simply let a girl walk home alone in the streets at night! What kind of gentleman would I be?" Chanyeol thought he couldn't have said it any better. Kai scoffed.

          "Yah! Don't think too highly of yourself. I heard it's bad for the brain." Kai said, tapping his own temple. Chanyeol looked bewildered.

          "Yah? Who do think you're informally talking to?" Kai cleared his throat and continued talking, completely ignoring Chanyeol.

          "Anyways...um, did you like the food?" Kai asked. Chanyeol turned to Kai with his eyebrows furrowed.

          "Food? Oh yeah, my lunch was pretty good."

          "Not you!" Kai said to Chanyeol. He leaned forward to look at the girl hidden by Chanyeol's figure. "Her."

 

          Sun-mi looked up when she realized the two men stopped talking and saw that they were both staring at her. She stared back at both of them until one of them spoke.

          "Did you enjoy the food?" He asked. It was the waiter that served her a while ago. He gave her small smile after asking the question.

          Sun-mi nodded. She noticed that when she silently responded, both of the men beside her looked disappointed by her answer.

          And they were. They definitely were. Both Chanyeol and Kai were anticipating to hear her voice again. When Kai was listening to Sun-mi order her food, he felt like he was slapped with the softest feather on earth.

 

          "Wa...water, please." Kai heard. He looked up at the girl sitting in front of him. Her head was still down, but he knew she was the one who spoke. He stared at her for what seemed like hours until she suddenly looked up and caught him staring. Kai blushed and averted his gaze towards the paper in his hands. He quickly wrote down her order and awkwardly asked her another question.

          "Um...d-do you want to order your food now or l-later?" Great. Now he was stuttering and speaking different kinds of dialect. 'She probably thinks I'm CRAZY.'

          "Oh, uh, now is fine."

          Wow. WOW. Kai really likes her voice. It's so smooth and soft. 'Like her hair.' Kai thought. 'Okayyy Kai, that was little weird.' Kai cleared his throat and got his pen ready. Although he wasn't mentally ready.

          "T-the hot mushroom soup, please." Her head wasn't down anymore, but when she spoke she wouldn't look directly at him. Her eyes would change from the corner of the table, to the corner of the wall and even the corner of each tile on the ground. Kai finished writing.

          "Will that be um...all? For tonight...right now...in here..." Even Kai didn't know what he was saying.

          "Yes. Thank you." Her voice was just so quiet and delicate. Kai nodded, not wanting to embarrass himself anymore and quickly walked away. He was breathing kind of wrong and his heart was pounding against his chest.

          'Wow,' he thought. 'WOW.'

 

          The rest of the walk was Chanyeol and Kai bickering at each other and Sun-mi just trailing beside them. When they all arrived at the front doorsteps of their homes, Sun-mi turned towards them and bowed gently.

          "Thank you for walking me home." Chanyeol and Kai were surprised by the bow and the kindness in her words. They both bowed, too. She was about to walk into her apartment when,

          "Wait!"

          She paused from turning the door knob and looked over at her neighbors. Kai and Chanyeol both looked at each other before Chanyeol turned and spoke.

          "We didn't get to know your name..." He said. She looked at Chanyeol, then at Kai, then back to Chanyeol.

          "Sun-mi. Eun Sun-mi."

 

 

 

 

Yes, hello. I MADE THIS CHAPTER LONG. I'm so proud of myself. *pats own back and cries*

I hope to make more long chapters in the future so that each update is worth your time. 

Please subscribe, comment and vote if you haven't already. Again, thank you for everyone's support! 

(Enjoy Kawaii Jongin)