and now it's empty

Stars in the Sky

this drabble isn't really connected to the 1st chapter but related (it's Kris's perspective)

the story behind it: the day the news came out, my psych class went to the computer lab to work on our projects (mine was also an exo fanfic lol) but i forgot my stuff and had nothing to do. soo i spent 45 minutes in the webelieveinyoukris tag on tumblr instead. which, of course, gave me way too many feels. so then during lunch (the next period), instead of talking, i wrote this story and cried inwardly while eating my sandwich.

and this a/n is almost as long as the drabble >.<


 

 

Life is not a stage, the stage is just a mirage. The spotlight dims, things change, and reality is cast into murky shadows. The eyeliner comes off, insoles come out, and under the fluorescent light of the bathroom, they look sickly and pale. The microphone’s gone, fanservice ends, and the van back to the dorm is silent.

It’s an exhausted silence after a day and night of promotional activities, energy spent, bleeding dry into the stale air.

On stage, they laugh, blowing kisses into the silver ocean-the galaxy on earth. Off stage, they stare out the window and the stars seem so far away.

 


"Why am I doing this?" he whispered in the dark. No one answered-maybe they couldn’t hear, maybe they couldn’t reply.

 

He looked at the five sleeping figures around him and imagined the six in the other vehicle. They would understand, maybe. The twelve had different dreams, made different sacrifices, but they were one, weren’t they? It was what they said every time when they repeated their monotonous introductions, the “Hello, I am”s that blended into each other, dragging on forever and ending too soon.

 

He thought of all the hours he had spent-the sweat, the tears-all that was left was salt and stains.

 

He was famous, he was loved.

He was a pawn, he was used.

He wanted to leave.


 

"I wanted to leave," he whispered into the emptiness.

 

Silence again, this time because he was alone.


 

 

stars in the sky shine no more, and now it's empty

hope you guys liked it ^_^ please leave comments (even tho i at replying)