Part 2: South Korea - Chap 14: Pants

My Wife Is Straight

I added that fancy poll on the foreward now so make sure to answer it! Thank you! Yes part two is finally here after 11 days! I hope you enjoy it! It's going to be quite an enjoyable ride huehuehue ;3


 “Jessica! Where are you?” Sooyoung held the cell phone closely next to her ear, her eyes searching around the conveyor belt where the luggage was going by slowly. “Her head also began to scan the area around, looking for the head of her female counterpart. 

 

  “I’m over next to the dark blue trashcan, around a hundred feet or so to the left of you. You know what I look like too, so it won’t be hard to find me. Plus I’m the only one speaking in English on the phone,” Jessica responded and Sooyoung twisted her head to the left, her eyes searching more throughly than before. 

 

  After about forty-five seconds of searching she noticed Jessica’s body and attire easily. The blonde medium height of a woman was wearing something

complicated yet simple, the complicated parts being in her shoes and accessories. It was then that Sooyoung noticed the great fashion work in Jessica’s usual clothes.

 

  “Got it, see you after I get my luggage.” Sooyoung replied and disconnected the call, her mind now focusing on getting her baggages. It wasn’t long before she had all of them back in her hands, or well, arms. She rolled the two largest ones behind her in the palms of her hands and the smaller ones up her arm, quite a strange sight to the others she guessed. 

 

  Jessica’s face when Sooyoung was next to her was nearly priceless, it could’ve been a meme, Sooyoung thought. “Are you really going to carry them like that?” She couldn’t tell whether that was sarcasm or not, because sometimes all of Jessica’s words sounded not so serious. She stayed silent and shrugged, but remained still at the golden female’s next words, “Let me help you with them.” 

 

  “T-thanks Jess,” Sooyoung staggered to a stuttering of a reply as she set straight her biggest suitcases and released the burdens from her arms. Jessica took off two or three of the smallest bags and held them in her empty hand. 

 

  Jessica shrugged lightly, “No problem. Except my boyfriend is going to pick me up in five or six minutes in Entrance C so you have to be prepared to be quiet and smile like you’re my business partner or something.” 

 

  “Do I really have to? Why can’t I just speak out and say ‘hi’? It’s not like he’ll know immediately who I am when I start speaking,” Sooyoung said without doubt, it seemed silly that he’d know her, she wasn’t near famous and there was no way he could have heard about her by his friends or family, none of them shared either of those. Or, she hoped so. 

 

  “We have to take caution now Soo, you’re not very sure about any of that. Let’s go, we shouldn’t be late.” Without an answer, Jessica began walking forward, as it appeared she knew her way around Incheon Airport much more than the average person’s knowledge. 

 

  They were at a large entrance full of people coming in and going out, like the opening of a big box store. The two woman weren’t the only ones that appeared to be waiting for someone to pick them up, there was a medium amount of people that were also lolling around the wide clear doors. Both of them thought the time was good for some small talk and Jessica was the first one to talk, which would’ve surprised Sooyoung a couple days ago, but not anymore. 

 

  “So Soo, why don’t we talk family? I’m wondering about yours and I’m sure you’re curious about mine,” Jessica tried to get into the conversation harmlessly, her tone more delicate sounding than usual. 

 

  “True,” Fortunately Sooyoung didn’t seem to notice this slight difference. “What do you wanna know?” 

 

  The casualness in Jessica’s voice continued as she decided to get her way in a different way, “Actually, I wonder what you wanna know about me.” 

 

  That took the brunette off guard and left her mind in thought, “Well, how many siblings do you have?” 

 

  Jessica laughed that off simply and shortly before responding, “One sister, younger at that. Her name’s Krystal, about twenty by now, born in the later part of ’94. Otherwise I have a mom and dad. How about you?” That’s it. The question she was the most curious about. 

 

  Not surprisingly, Sooyoung was hesitant to reply. She opened to start speaking but as soon the first syllable came out, Jessica’s ringtone came out. Jessica pulled out a shocked scream and reached into her pocket to grab the phone, accepting the number and setting it next to her ear in one solid motion. 

 

  “Hello?” Other than that, Sooyoung wasn’t very sure what Jessica was saying, as it was all in Korean. She tried her best to translate it to English in her mind and somewhat understood the conversation. “I’m here...” there was some other words she wasn’t sure of and “no I haven’t checked her SNS since last week, I hope she’s okay...” more incoherent sentences and a close of the discussion. On Sooyoung’s part, that was one of the most confusing situations she’d ever been in, though she was sure there were going to many more in the next weeks. 

 

  “So, what was that about?” She asked almost immediately, though Jessica seemed too lost in thought to respond straight away. 

 

  “He’s on his way, he’s going to drop us off at Yoona’s. Don’t worry, you can pull off the act once we get at her house,” Jessica said, though her tone was almost distant and not fully on the world. 

 

  “Who’s not alright? I heard that part, is it someone important?” Sooyoung couldn’t help but ask, she had too much curiosity for her own good. 

 

  “No, just a family friend is in depression again, nothing too important.” Jessica replied, her mind coming more into a straight line. 

 

  “Okay, should we continue our last conversation?” Sooyoung asked, trying to change the subject of conversation quickly, no matter how uncomfortable it was for her.

 

  “Sure thing, we were talking about siblings. How many do you have and their name-” Jessica started her sentence but was yet again interrupted, this time by the voice of her long-time boyfriend. 

 

  “Jessica!” Sooyoung let out a slight giggle at how he pronounced her name, she wasn’t used to the double s being pronounced like ‘sh’. His appearance differed from then how she had imagined him, much more “official”. The mid-twenties Korean man was walking toward them in a dark gray suit with an equally dark tie, a busy expression on his face. Even from the first impression, it then made her wonder how much time he has for Jessica if he was so busy. His hair was, black, and with a modern style of the bangs swerved to the right. 

 

  He continued to speak in Korean, though that was expected. Sooyoung also continued her attempts as a translator for herself and managed to get about seventy percent of the conversation out from the two.

 

  “Who’s she?” Daewook had said as he grabbed the two of Sooyoung’s bags that Jessica was carrying, and even though it appeared he was trying to be quiet about it, she could hear him almost as clearly as everyone else in the room. 

 

  Jessica replied with something that was easily a fake smile and, “A business partner who needed a ride, she’ll be coming to Yoona’s with us. Now act like a good boy and be nice to her.” 

 

  Sooyoung let out another small giggle, this time of surprise at Jessica’s force in the relationship. Looks I know who has the pants in the relationship.. But she was also puzzled before when Jessica was talking about him earlier, it felt like Daewook was in charge. There’s definitely something weird here.

 

  Making sure that she didn’t seem light headed to the guy, she smiled lightly and dipped her head a few centimeters, still not sure how much older to her he was. The only male in the three nodded shortly and set another small smile on his face while saying, “Hello! How are you?” 
 

  Just to make sure she could reply she let out a tiny glance in her wife’s direction and thankfully Jessica cocked her head gently. Sooyoung knew the response to the question and answered, “I’m fine, and you?” She had hoped she used the right tone, because otherwise she would be in big trouble. 

 

  “Great, how have you been working there long?” He continued with casual conversation and Sooyoung actually wasn’t sure how to answer that question, even in English.

 

 So she decided to run away from it and reply, “I’m not very good at Korean, so I don’t really understand the question.” The hidden thumbs up from Jessica made a small laugh escape from her lungs and Daewook looked at them both oddly. 

 

  He turned back to Sooyoung before responding, “That’s okay, I guess I’ll have to make Jessica the translator from now on.” He left it off with an easygoing laugh and looked back at his girlfriend before turning around and saying, “Let’s go, I have to head home for the game.” 

 

  Jessica shrugged and they started following the man toward the clear glass doors of the entrance. She leaned to the left to whisper to Sooyoung, and fortunately in English, “He doesn’t understand English too well, which is great for you. If you want to say something but you don’t know it in Korean, text me and I’ll translate it for you.” 

 

  Sooyoung nodded, a happier mood setting in with her now. Maybe I was just doubting, and that she’ll really pull through and help me here. I hope so. 

 

 

 

The car ride to Yoona’s house was agonizing awkward for Sooyoung, for two reasons: one was that she could only sort of understand the conversation, two because she was no doubt the third wheel. 

 

 What she could make out from their discussion was about the normal work things like employees, and bosses and wasn’t even interesting in her opinion, until it got personal. Daewook suddenly asked about Jessica’s time at Vegas and she answered as any average girlfriend, without even hinting at Sooyoung. 

 

  They left without any trouble and were inside Yoona’s home within an hour, with a very relieved Sooyoung. She could finally say what she wanted to, and in English too. 

 

  She immediately laid down on the tan vinyl couch inside the medium-sized living room, sighing. “That was so irritating! I hate being the third wheel! It’s useless!” 

  Jessica rolled her eyes and sat in the rich red love seat on the right, “Don’t overreact Soo, it’s not you’re gonna have to pull this off for long. Just chill with Yoona or Yuri until I get this together, they won’t bite.” 

 

  “She’s right, I won’t bite, but I’m afraid you might. I may be single and free, but I’m not up for a married woman. Keep to yourself,” Yoona’s voice wasn’t surprising as she walked from the kitchen in the room behind them and took a seat on the large arm of the love seat. 

 

  That sent a rumble of laughter from the laying girl, “You really think I’d go for you? Sure you’re cuter in real life and all, but I won’t jump on you once we’re alone.” 

 

  “That’s a relieve, I was afraid of having to use my security for once.” Yoona let out an easy laugh and grabbed the remote off of the coffee table a couple feet away, “You watch dramas? I’m in love with “My Love From Another Star”, such a good plot and the main character’s really cute.” 

 

  Sooyoung shook her head, “I’ve been sorta away from the whole Korean scene for over fifteen years, I think I need to catch up.” 

 

  Yoona seemed too excited in her response, almost jumping up and down like a child. “Want me and Yul to catch you up? I’ll show you my favorite dramas and movies since 2000 and Yuri unnie will show you the political and other “important” stuff that happened in the country. Jessica can tell you about the fashion if she has time, right?” 

 

  All of sudden Sooyoung felt like she was getting the V.I.P treatment at a hotel, and shook her head. “That seems great, but I need to have time to see my family too.” 

 

  “Don’t worry about that Soo, we can plan out everything when Yuri gets here in an hour. We’ll make a schedule and everything, won’t that be fun?” Yet again the youngest in the room was getting excited about Sooyoung’s visit, and she found that something to show respect to. 

 

  “I’ll decide to join you I guess, not like I have anything to do today.” Jessica shrugged and changed the discussion to the boy on the flat screen ten feet in front of them, “Didn’t that guy date Seohyun?” 

 

  Yoona shook her head, “No, his brother. I met them both before, I prefer him over his brother though, but I guess it was the opposite for Joohyun.” 

 

  “Well that went better than expected...anyway, do you feel comfortable talking in English Yoona?” Sooyoung asked curiously, moving to sit up from her position. 

  She shrugged, “It’s okay with me, I don’t mind it, if it’s for a friend.” Just that comment made Sooyoung smile, though she wasn’t sure why. Maybe this trip wasn’t going to be a total fail after all.