Challenge

My Wife Is Straight

Yes a new chapter is here~ I hurried to proofread it before the Red Band Society comes on so this intro'll be short. 


Finally. Her trip was over. It was the long awaited time for her to come back home. No more excuses. No more meeting weird people off the street. No more coincidences. She was going home at last. Everything would almost be back to normal. Almost. There was that one problem that she knew she had to fix soon, and that was being married. And she was reminded too often about it. How she was going to fix it though? She was at loss for words. 

 

  “So are you sad to be leaving? We made some great memories here,” Sooyoung reminisced as she drove them toward the airport, both ready for Korea. Without Jessica’s response, she turned her head and added, “We didn’t even get to do that much, you were at work all the time.” 

 

  Jessica shrugged, “Some ways I am, others I’m not. I’m a bit upset at parting with your friends and Tiffany and Taeyeon though, they’re great people.” 

 

  Sooyoung nodded, “I know! That’s how I’ve managed to live them for so long, but for Tiffany and Taeyeon, I hope we stay friends for a long time also. But you’re happy because you can see your friends right?” 

 

  Jessica agreed, her gaze still focused on the road ahead, “Just talking to them on the phone isn’t enough sometimes. I’m also curious what crazy antics that weirdo Yoona thought of while I was gone. I also hope that Daewook kept well, though I’m guessing pretty well by the low amount of calls and texts he gave me.” 

 

  Sooyoung shrugged, “I’m sure they’ve both been great, especially Yoona. I mean, you heard her on the phone yesterday too right? She seems very enthusiastic!” 

 

  “Well, you’re right, she did seem great and happy. I’m also happy because I think Joohyun is coming home from a Japananese tour soon, and I’d love to see her.” Jessica continued, a brighter mood on her mind. 

 

  “Really? That’s terrific news, is there a possibility I could meet her while I’m there?” 

 

  That made Jessica think, “Maybe? She’s obviously a very busy person and can only see her family during her breaks or in between schedules, sometimes they’re lucky if they get a half hour long Skype or call. So, we’re in good luck if she can visit her actual house this time around.” 

 

  The other woman’s voice was full of surprise, “Really? I feel bad for her in a way, being so occupied with her job that she barely gets to talk to her family.” She shrugged as a reply to her own words, “But I guess the upside of it that she gets to show her voice and acting to the world and getting thousands of adoring fans.”

 

  “You’re right about that, though I know before she told me that sometimes she wishes that she wouldn’t have been chosen for the audition back in 2005 and would rather be normal. You could say her job has both downsides and upsides to it,” Jessica responded, her head twisting to look outside the window to her right. It was raining, not too hard, but just enough. Sooyoung nodded and agreed, but after forty-five or so seconds of silence, something suddenly came to Jessica’s mind. 
 

  She turned her head directly across to look the taller person in the eyes, “Wait! How much Korean do you remember? Can you speak it fluently enough? When was the last time you went there anyway?” 

 

  Sooyoung was also struck with fret for a second until she sighed and replied, “Don’t worry, I remember a majority of the language well. I’ll have trouble with the newer terms that they use, but you can tell me about them in English and I’ll understand. The last time I went there? That was...well...”

 

  Jessica turned worried again, “You don’t remember the last time you went to your home country? How can you remember the language that well then?” 

 

  Sooyoung shook her head, trying to be persuasive. “Honestly, don’t worry a thing about me, I can be in a different country without your help. The only thing I’ll be worst at would probably be getting around, because I don’t remember the roads all that much and since you normally live there-” 

 

  Jessica interrupted, “I can help you around, I get it. But it depends where your family there lives, I only know my around some parts of Incheon and then a bit around Seoul and Busan. Now if they live on Jeju Island, you’re screwed.” 

 

  Sooyoung shrugged as they stopped at a red light, “That’s alright with me. Now as long as you don’t ditch me at the airport for someone I don’t know, then we’re fine.” 

  “That reminded me, where do you plan on staying while you’re there? My apartment? Because I’m sure that you can’t stay there,” Jessica was abruptly reminded of their plan once they got to South Korea, and that they didn’t have one. 

 

  “Why not? We already lived together for three days, what’s the difference?” Sooyoung questioned innocently, forgetting about the whole silentness of their marriage, especially on Jessica’s side.

 

  “Soo, I think you forgot that I live with my boyfriend and that he would definitely not enjoy a visitor that he learns is his girlfriend’s partner to live with us for a week or two. Anyway, you could stay with Yuri and Yoona, as long as you don’t do or say anything creepy or erted with them around. I don’t want my friends to think of you anymore oddly than they already do.” 

 

  “Oh yeah, I did forgot about him. Are you really sure that he’s not going to break up with you once you tell him about me? He might think you turned lesbian and really meant to marry me or-”

 

  “Like he would believe that me, Jessica Jung, would marry someone that I met three days ago? He may only know me for five years, but he knows me well enough to know that this wasn’t a sober marriage.” 

 

  “Well if you put it that way...wait! Why did you think I would do something erted or creepy near your friends? I haven’t even done that yet near you, don’t get ahead of yourself there sweetie.” Sooyoung replied firmly, and Jessica couldn’t help but laugh at the tone of her answer. She noticed this and scoffed at Jessica, “Laughing now? Sure thing, but you won’t be laughing once I start making dirty comments.” 

 

  Jessica continued her chuckling and had to catch herself to stop, “I like how you say you haven’t even started but I have a feeling you did the night we married.” 

  Sooyoung’s eyes widened in mock shock, “Oh! You think I began then? When I told you, from my heart, that I honestly didn’t even start yet? How rude of you to deny your wife like that, even tracking back to the wedding!” 

 

  Jessica shook her head, “Sometimes it’s hard to believe someone you met three days ago. Unlike you, I have sense.” 

 

  “Unlike me? I have enough sense to show you around a bit while you’re here with hospitality, unlike someone like you that would’ve ran away!” Sooyoung acclaimed, but instead of joking in her voice, it was beginning to sound more serious. 

 

  But Jessica couldn’t have her getting angry and sighed, “Now S.Y, I didn’t run away now have I? I’ve come to welcome my prob-” she started saying ‘problems’ but worried that Sooyoung would think of herself as a problem so quickly changed the word, “my complications with fierce confidence and wish to no longer run away from them.” 

 

  The brunette woman shrugged in response, “Well that works, you shouldn’t run away from your problems. But I’m still surprised you stayed here with me when you could’ve just stayed long time away once you realized you were married to me, that wouldn’t qualify as running away I’m fairly sure. It’d be more like trusting your instincts and not living with a complete stranger.” 

 

  “Wow, I’m surprised you understand my side entirely! Thank you!” Jessica applauded shortly until she noticed the large amount of cars in front of them and her clapping receded to stare at the many automobiles. “Ah, darn how are we going to get to the plane on time with this amount of traffic?” 

 

  Sooyoung shrugged lightly, “Well we could take the parkway there, but I doubt that has any less traffic now.” 

 

  Jessica took a glance at the watch she barely wears but owns just in case, “Why is there this kind of traffic at this time too? On a Sunday too? A football game or something with sports?” 

 

  Sooyoung nodded and spun her right index finger in the air, “Correcto you are Ice Princess Sica. There’s a very important sports game today and that’s why a lot of people are rushing to get to it early. But don’t worry, we’ll get there soon because they’re all turning to the left while we’re staying straight to the airport.” 

 

  “Why didn’t you tell me that earlier? I was becoming distraught at the thought of missing our flight and getting home late,” Jessica exhaled in relief and sat back in her seat, grateful that she would be able to get there on time. 

 

  “Don’t worry at all with your GPS Sooyoungie,” Sooyoung responded teasingly as they moved forward another few feet, possibly a yard. 

 

  “You’re still on this whole GPS thing? I thought you were done with that on the day after we met! Haha, you won’t be the GPS anymore once we go overseas.” 

 

  “Well, that’s true, but you know I’ll be your forever GPS in your heart.” 

 

 “Don’t try to be sweet now-”

 

  “You didn’t deny it!” She’s having fun with this, Jessica thought and knew it was her turn to have fun with it too. 

 

  “If I denied it I would be lying wouldn’t I?” 

 

 “Awh now who’s being sweet? I knew you had it in your hear-” Sooyoung began to say heart but Jessica had something else to say before she could finish. 

 

 “You’re not my forever GPS.” 

 

 “Didn’t your parents tell you not to lie?” 

 

 “They did, but they didn’t say I couldn’t lie to strangers.” 
 

 “But I’m not a stranger I thought?” 

 

 “You are, in my heart.” 

 

 “Was that supposed to be a burn? Because that wasn’t a very good one in my book,” Sooyoung said and hit Jessica friendly on her left shoulder. 

 

  Jessica chuckled heartily, “Who are you to know what a good burn is? You’re so easy to fool around with that you probably don’t even know any really great ones.” 

 

 “Ah, that’s rude! I do know some burns for your information, just I’m trying to stay cool since I like you.” Sooyoung responded, looking forward at the other cars before Jessica could respond. “Oh! Look, we’re almost there! Only two miles until the airport.” 

 

  Jessica shrugged, “That’s good, then we can get to our plane and I can say goodbye to this ‘vacation’ of mine this was.” 

 

  That reminded Sooyoung something the other day, and she turned back to Jessica with a curious expression reading her face. “You know, you never answered Tiffany’s question yesterday. Are you ever coming back to visit us?” 

 

  Jessica let out a breath and knew there was no turning back now, and that she might as well tell her the truth. “I...I’m not really sure if I will.” She shrugged and continued, “I think I’ll be back for work, but for leisure...it’s unsure. My mind is all jumbled up with thoughts right now-” her hands preceded to explain what she meant within a gesture as she spoke, “and I think I need more time to think about it. The best way for me to get my thoughts straight is time and a visit to a sauna, both of which I will have when I get home.” 

 

  Sooyoung nodded lightly, her mind taking in the understanding of the blonde’s very serious words. She lent a hand over to tap Jessica’s back gently, “It’s okay, you take your time. I really didn’t think this was going to be such a difficult question, but since it is, we can wait.” 

 

 

  

“How many suitcases do you need woman? There’s ten here I swear!” Jessica exclaimed in annoyance while she set out the luggage out of the trunk and Sooyoung made sure they had picked up everything in the interior. 

 

  “Ten? I’m appalled! I only packed four thank you very much! Unless you’re counting the small bags, then there’s about six or seven of my baggages.” Sooyoung replied as she shut the passenger’s seat door and headed toward the back of the automobile to accompany Jessica. 

 

  “That’s still a lot! While you were cleaning the tiniest bits of personal stuff out of the car, I was carrying out these stupid heavy suitcases. Where are you putting your car while you’re out anyway? My sister and Yoona are sharing it at the moment.” Jessica said as they grabbed their bags and began the trek to the closest opening of the large building. 

 

  “Sunny’s gonna pick it up later today and share it with Hyo while I’m gone, don’t worry. I used to have my family pick it up when I went somewhere using an airplane but since my grandparents are old and don’t like driving and my parents are very busy, they can’t anymore. But at least I have people I trust watching it right?” Jessica noticed a tone that sounded almost depressed when Sooyoung talked about her family, and she was automatically reminded of the snow globes and the family photo in Sooyoung’s room. Did they abandon her? Did she do something? Is her sister still alive? Why does she seem to avoid talk about relatives? I need to find out somehow... 

 

  “That’s right! It’s always good give things you love to someone you trust,” Jessica joined in joyfully, trying not to hint at what her thoughts were saying. “Now let’s get on that plane!” 

  

 

 

 Jessica didn’t mean to accept the invitation of Sooyoung coming along, she even fought for her right knowledge for her not to come. But that didn’t work. So she decided if her ‘wife’ was joining the trip, it’d be better if she just told her friends about her so that in result they weren’t confused at why some random girl they never met was hanging around her. Fortunately they accepted her mistake of a marriage and even about it. But she knew that wasn’t the biggest hurdle to jump, because for sure the largest and tallest was telling her boyfriend about it. And him not getting mad about it. Now that for sure was a very large problem. 

 

  Many thoughts like that ran through her mind while she sat in her seat in the airplane, there was also some concerning the amount of emails she needed to read through and respond to in front of her on her laptop. She sighed and leaned her head back into the comfortable dark blue seat, “This is going to be a long ride.” 

 

 

 

Sooyoung on the other hand was watching a Korean movie on her laptop to help her reassure the fact that she knew Korean well, and because she just generally enjoyed movies. The person sitting next to her was reading a book of some sort that looked like it had to do with science. She shrugged and continued to watch the movie, laughing at the joke made by the character that was similar to a sidekick of the main character’s. Though her eyes were focused on the movings of the fictional people on the screen, her mind was elsewhere thinking of how she was going to adapt to South Korea again. 

 

 She hadn’t been there in almost six long years, her family there still thought she was four foot six because they hadn’t seen her for longer, and her Korean wasn’t as spot on as it used it to be. The other problem was getting around, because she knew nowhere around anywhere in Korea and she didn’t really believe that Jessica would lead her around on her seemingly busy schedule. Maybe I should’ve just not come at all... the thought occurred to her as the young couple were being taken away from each other from the police. 

 

  Sooyoung shook her head at the thought, No, I married her, I have to go through with this until we decide to break it off quietly in six months. We can get through this, together. 

 

Though Sooyoung and Jessica were in their separate seats many feet away from each other, it was obvious one thing was on their minds as the aircraft rode in the sky; and that the challenge they were about to face in the country before them. 

 


PART ONE FINISHED~!! 

how did you like it? funny? well-written? composed realistically? I might make one of those fancy polls about it to see your thoughts readers! Thank you all so much for reading so far and please stay updated for Part two!