Invitation

Regretful

When we were waiting in the elevator for what seemed like and eternity, it was Luhan's floor first. I waved goodbye as he walked out the elevator without making any gesture and no emotion on his face. The elevator doors made me want to go back and say sorry like I was supposed to.

His floor was floor three and mine was four. But what room?!

I walked out of the elevator and opened my apartment door and ran to my room's desk and took out a blank piece of paper and took out the pen I used all the time. I wrote a letter that I'll have to deliver by hand. I don't know what the chances of him getting it are though.

 

Dear Luhan,

  I really need to say sorry. Why won't you talk to me? 

Do you mind if you would spend time with me at my room for lunch tomorrow?

Please come! My room number is D-5 in the fourth floor.

Sincerely,

       Oh Sehun

 

I really hope that he'll even read the letter.

I put the folded paper in my coat that I was going to wear tomorrow and went off to take a shower.

 

After I dried off, I hopped into bed hoping that we'll be able to talk again.

I woke up in the middle of the night hearing a loud bang from downstairs. I looked to my side and checked the time. It was three a.m.

Who the hell would be up at three a.m.?

I quickly put on a t-shirt, coat, and shorts and walked out of my apartment room quietly so I won't wake the other people up. I could still hear banging and loud thumps. I jogged into the elevator and pressed floor three.  

I wonder if Luhan got up to check what was going on too. Since it's happening on his floor.

The elevator dinged and the view of the third floor appeared. I walked down the hallway and the sounds got louder. But once I went near room C-8, the sound seemed so clear. I opened the door, it was unlocked. I looked inside and saw a boy stumbling and holding his hand on his chest. He sturggled walking and the ground had been covered in many stuff. Books, vases, cups, pencils, anything. Once the boy looked up from my entrance, he looked like he'd been crying the whole time.

Luhan.

I came over to help Luhan immediately and held him in my arms. He started to sob and tighten his grip around me. I rested my chin on the top of his head and closed my eyes to remember what it felt like to hug Luhan again. But this time, he felt so cold. His freezing hands still gripped on the back of my coat as he shook his head in tears. I never knew you've gone through so much pain.

"Luhan? What happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

He answered with a hoarse tone.

"I'm okay now that you're here."

I let go of his grasp and took out my letter from my coat pocket. I handed it to him and he gladly accepted the invitation. He put on a small smie. He took one of the pens off the floor and wrote down something on a piece of paper that was also on the floor. He handed the paper to me and hugged me once again.

We talked for a long time. He talked about how he usually spent time at home or working so he could earn for some food and to pay the apartment bill. I'm glad that he's doing alright after our breakup. I can't help but feel quilt run through my body when I have to see him in pain like this. A long silence entered when the conversation ended. I stood up from his couch and waved walking towards the door. He tugged on my coat's fabric on the elbow and looked up at me and shook his head no.

"I have to go to sleep now Luhan. And so do you."

He quickly nodded and waved goodbye as I walked out of his door, closing the door as quiet as I could and headed for the elevator.

If you're in pain Luhan just say so.

 

The cloudy Saturday morning light went across my face as I waited for Luhan to come to my room. Right now it is eleven in the afternoon. He was supposed to come at around 11:30 so I waited patiently with some steamed pork bun on two small plates with two glasses of water for each plate. I remember when he said that he liked eating these a lot during our relationship. So I wanted to suprise him with nice memories.

It has been an hour now. He isn't here yet. I looked at the piece of paper he scribbled on last night. His number. I've texted him asking where he is, but he's never texted back or seen the texts at all. I tried to call him.

"Sorry, your call could not reach this number. The phone must be off or the number you are trying to reach is unavailable. Please try again later."

C'mon Luhan. Please pick up.

No answer. 

I called many times. I texted many times.

But still no answer.

He isn't coming is he.

I put everything in the fridge for safekeeping and dressed back into my pajamas.

I shouldn't have made such a big deal out of it. The next time he sees me, he'll feel really bad because I made it sound important. I don't want him to feel sorry.

 

It's 7:00 p.m. right now. Still no call backs. I've even knocked on his room door a couple of times. Not even a footstep was heard in that room.

I was on my bed. My hands were under the back of my head. I wanted to drift off into a comfortable sleep and forget that I ever invited him. I need to rest from staying awake for such a long time waiting for him anyway. My eyelids were getting heavy but I heard a loud knock. I sprung up and asked who it was.

"Who is it?"

Silence.

"Who i-"

"L-Luhan. It's Luhan."

I looked through the peephole and saw a small Luhan in a grey puffy jacket with black jeans. 

He still came.

I opened the door and he slightly smiled when he looked at me.

"Hi. By the way nice pajamas, Sehun."

I looked down at my penguin pajamas and blushed.

"I thought you weren't going to come at all okay."

He frowned a bit. "You shouldn't lose hope all the time you know."

I let him in and got out some juice and a glass. He took a look at what I was doing.

"Oh, Sehun. I'd like water instead please. I kinda don't want juice right now." He grinned.

I put the juice back in the fridge and got out the glass of water from earlier.

I brought the glass and sat down on my couch with him.

"Why didn't you answer my calls or texts."

He was silent for about ten seconds. Then sipped the glass of water.

"No important reason."

"Well it must be important because you didn't answer for more than three hours."

He sighed. "It's still not important."

"It is. You wouldn't respond after so long."

"You don't need to care about it."

"I have to."

He suddenly put the glass of water down a little harshly on the coffee table in front of us.

"I j-just don't want to talk about it alright?"

He looked at me in the eye and I quickly nodded.

"Have you been doing anything out of the ordinary lately?" I said trying to change the topic.

His eyes grew bigger after my sentence ended but answered right away.

"I haven't had a lot of fun in awhile."

I tilted my head to the side. "Really?"

"Honest."

I smiled. "Don't worry. I'll change that."

 

 

a|n: hi guys! i'm kinda going to make a schedule for this ff. i have another multiple chapter fic that i need to update daily. so, one day it will be this fic, then the other one the day after. and if i'm lucky, i might update both on the same day euheuh. see you later! ouo