We Meet Again

Regretful

I was sitting by my desk, scribbling down what I need to get at the convinience store today. I was getting a call from my mother, so I answered.

"Sehun? Hello? This is your mother."

"Yes. Hi mother."

I could tell she was smiling on the other side. "Oh it's so nice to hear your voice again sweetie."

Her sweetness made the corner of my lips go upwards.

"Yours as well."

"Hahaha. So how's it going with Luhan hm?"

My lips trembled at the sound of his name.

"W-We broke up remember?"

There was a silence.

"Oh. I'm sorry Sehun. I must have forgotten."

My thoughts started to fill up with Luhan, Luhan and I being together, and his face.

The tear stained face that I had left.

"Sehun? Hello?"

I broke from my daze. "Sorry. Uh, I have to go mom. Love you."

"Love you too sweetie."

I hung up as I stood up from my desk chair and walked out of my apartment room.

I walked into the elevator and pressed number one. While waiting, I couldn't help but think of Luhan. 

My heart ached and ached. Our memories together. We were so happy. But the fight. The misunderstanding.

Our happines left the picture. 

Luhan, I'm so sorry.

The elevator opened and I walked past the front door. I rushed out of the apartment and walked to my car. I drove off to the convinience  store so I could get some snacks when my mom comes over to stay for the next month.

 

When I arrived at the store, I took out my list from my pocket and took out a pen to cross out each one.

I grabbed everything I needed and walked up to the cashier.

I placed the things on the counter and took out my wallet waiting for the cashier to say the price.

"That'll be $14.25"

That voice.

It's too familiar.

I looked up and saw a brown haired boy that almost had the face of a girl. His hair was just above his eyes and he was wearing a sweater that looked a bit big on him.

It can't be.

"Luhan?"

He looked up from the counter and his eyes widened as he look at me from head to toe.

"Y-Yes. It's Luhan. Please pay now because I'm leaving soon."

I nodded and took out my money and paid.

After he put my stuff in a plastic bag, he gestured me towards the store doors. I walked towards them but waited for him to close up. I want to say sorry.

When he finished closing by putting the 'CLOSED' sign up, I walked over to him and tried to start a conversation.

"Do you remember me Luhan?"

He didn't say anything.

Since he looked bothered I didn't say anything else. 

A few minutes later, we both arrived at our cars and left the parking lot.

While I was driving, I noticed that we were going the same way.

Which led to the same apartment.

He lives in the same apartment?

I saw him walking into the aprtment building a few feet ahead of me. I walked faster so I could catch up to him. I couldn't let him notice that I was behind him though. It would seem like I'm a stalker.

When both entered the same elevator, we waited for either of us to press our floor numbers.

I was about to press mine but he was about to press his.

Then I ended up pressing mine first.

The awkward silence in this box we were in was deadly.

 

a|n: sorry that this chapter was short. i'm still planning out the story so think of this as like a preview. :)