Existence

Regretful

I brought Luhan to my room carrying him, again. Every now and then I had to hop to keep him from falling out of my arms. I looked at his sleeping face. If a little girl would see him, she'd think he was a prince. His perfect brown colored hair, his small (yet feminine) smile, his dark eyelashes, and finally his fair skin. He looked like he came out of a storybook. 

But right now seems like a fairytale. I feel like I can only protect him and nobody else. His breathing was calm. His arms were wrapped around my neck and his head resting near my chest. 

I opened my apartment room witha struggle and put him down on my bed. I bent my back and heard a crack. Geez Luhan. You're quite the workout. I put the blanket above him and sat down next to his body. I wanted to wake him up so we could talk but he looked so peaceful. 

 

An hour later, he woke up and stuck out his limbs. Making weird yelling and straining sounds. 

"Ahhhh. Sehun? I'm awake now."

I looked up from my book. I proped my glasses up a bit to see him clearly. His hair was messy. Sticking out all over the place. 

"I know you're awake. All the sounds you made while moving your arms and legs everywhere were deafining."

There was no repsonse. His face looked suprised. But no movement came from him.

"Uh Luhan?" I walked up to him and waved my hand in front of his face. He blinked and shook his head.

"Sorry. This is the first time I've seen you in glasses." He gulped.

I smirked and took them off. "And? What's with the reaction?"

"You just look-"

"Attractive?" I interrupted.

"N-No! Of course not! I don't like you like that!"

I laughed. "Sure."

He turned away from embarrasment. 

I back hugged him and turned him around. Making him look up at me while I was on top of him. My hands and knees on the bed. He made the same face as earlier. His face turned red and turned his head sideways. 

"So you wouldn't like it if I did, "

I kissed his neck softly. A gasp came out of his mouth. I'm falling in love with him again.

"This?"

"S-Sehun."

 

I sat up from the bed and breathed heavily. It sure is hot in here.

I looked down at Luhan who was breathing slowly, putting his arms on his face.

"Sehun. You're too much." He breathed out.

I stood up from the bed and sat on my desk chair, making a fan out of binder paper. 

"I need to tell you something Sehun. Before I forget."

He puffed his cheeks out and continued on. 

"I haven't really told you about my family in a long time. But about a year ago my parents have died from the same sickness I have now. I'm an only child. I'm basically the last person of my family existence. I really can't do anything about it except fight my sickness for as long as I can."

I stopped fanning myself and put my elbow on my thighs. "Go on."

"So, the only thing I can do is spend more time being happy. Because being happy will help me endure. Ever since we met, I've got to endure and feel happier. I got to smile everyday. But when you left, my whole world fell apart. I've gone to more doctor's appointments. I faint sometimes and wake up on the same spot I fell. I had nobody to help me. I was alone."

I was about to cry from his hidden pain. I pressed my lips against his to make him be quiet. He held my face and I felt a tear touch my face.

I parted our kiss. "Please Luhan. Hearing you in pain hurts me."

"I'm sorry." He sniffed while I wiped away one of his tears with my thumb.

"Don't be. I should say sorry. I'm sorry for causing you pain. I'm sorry for leaving. I knew that you wouldn't cheat on me that time. I took the misunderstanding too seriously. Hurting you is the last thing I want to do. Next time though, just tell me that you're in pain. Hiding it from me doesn't help at all. It'll just hurt more."

He nodded.

 

The next day Luhan told me he wanted to go to the park where we first met. We we're both in third year high school. Same school. We'd always see each other there because he takes naps there after school on the same bench everyday. I walked by the bench one day while he was sleeping on it. When I first saw him, I had to stop and stare at him, like a weirdo. He looked so angelic.  Everyday after school, I would go to the exact same park just to pass by his sleeping face.

 

Five years ago...

 

Two months have passed by the first day of school. I have friends. But not a lot. I'm way too shy to make any more. When the school bell rang, I deicided to stroll down the park across the street. There was a small playground, but there was something else that drew me in. It has a small pathway with trees and benches about ten feet away from each other on the sides of the path. The path was made of a mix of hard dirt and brown-golden sand.

As my feet hit the pathway's ground, it made peaceful crunching sounds. I looked around and saw trees that had perfectly green leaves. I noticed that nobody was here. Probably because nobody would ever walk around a pathway and look at the scenery. My friends would hang out by the nearest ramyeon shop and eat and chat. They invite me all the time but I resist because I like peace and quiet. Not sizzling sounds and steam. If I was really hungry I'd just go with them and order to-go by myself and eat at home.

I wanted to relax and sit down because my legs got tired. I saw the nearest bench and walked towards it, to find a highschooler like me lying down facing the sky sleeping.

I stopped in my tracks and looked at him for a mintue. His hair color matched the sand. He blendid in with the park's atmosphere. He was almost mesmirizing. 

I went back to walking. His image couldn't get out of my head. I couldn't forget about him. 

The next few days, I would walk to the park and pass by his sleeping body on the same bench. In the same position. I always wondered if he slept there for eternity. I guess him and I are the only ones who enjoy peace and quiet.

One day while walking down the path to see him again, I didn't see the sleeping schoolmate. I saw a boy on the bench he goes to, but the boy was awake. He's the boy that usually sleeps here. I want to introduce myself.

I went up to him and greeted him. "Hello. My name is Oh Sehun. I-I go to the same school as you and I usually see you at this park. I-I'm not watching you like a stalker though! You just seemed like an interesting person."

He laughed. His smile made my heart go crazy.

"I'm Luhan. Nice to meet you. I don't think I'm very interesting though. So you're a very special person to realize that."

He patted the empty spot beside him. I sat down. He looked at me again and smiled.

 

Present day...

 

Those memories are what remind me of what made me fall for him.

I didn't fall for his face though.

I fell for how he treated me honestly.

I love your existence.

I love you Luhan.

And I won't stop even if you dissapear.