❈ Chapter 1 ❈

❇ When the wind blows ❇

When the wind blows | Chapter One

Once a good friend of mine told me that when you dearly love someone, you shouldn’t let go. And I did what he told me, I never let go of him.

-

Beauteous: Beautiful, especially to the sight, but also the mind and soul.

 

 

 

27.5.06, Baek Sumin

-

Sumin moved again, and again she didn’t know if her secret friend would follow her. It has been two days since she’s been in her new ‘home’ and still he didn’t show up even once. He once told her, that when it rains, and the wind blows, he’ll be there. But since it was summer, it wouldn’t rain nor there would be much wind for him to show up. Every night she opened her window and hoped the heat would fade and he would appear in front of her again, but every night she waited in vain. It was the third night where finally a storm from far could be seen and the wind blew harder and harder each second, minute and hour. Sumin wanted to show up prettily so she changed into a cute dress and made her hair wavy – how he loved it. She opened her window and sat down on its ledge. “Oh Sehun, will I finally be able to see you again?”, she said to herself as she hugged her knees and blankly stared into the dark scenery which was outside her window. Rain started pouring down and a huge blast made her fall down the window ledge. She quickly looked up and a huge smile spread over her face. She jumped up and ran towards the boy who was standing in her room. She hugged him tightly and cried out of joy but also because she was so scared he wouldn’t come and see her. “Hey, pretty.”, he whispered into her hair. “Sehunie!”, she squealed and couldn’t contain her happiness anymore. She went on her tip toes and gave Sehun a quick peck on his right cheek. She smirked, he blushed. “You know that I’m much older than you, pretty.” ,he told her in a tutoring way but she couldn’t care less; age doesn’t matter, right? “Pf, these 4 years…” ,she mumbled and went back to her usual bright charisma. “How do I look?” , Sumin asked as she spun around one time, showing off with her dress. “You’re a real Beauteous.” ,he giggled. “Beauteous?”, Sumin asked but the boy didn’t answer and just shrugged her question off. “It’s something like Beautiful, right?” ,she asked him. The boy just gave her a cheeky smirk and let himself down on her bed. “Sehun?” He gave her a nod, gesturing her to go on. “Why do you only come when the wind blows?” The girl sat down beside him on the bed. “I’ll tell you soon. One hint; I’m different than other boys.” He winked cutely and Sumin gave him a slight hit against his arm, even though Sehun acted like she just punched him with all her strength. “You’re indeed different.” ,she told him teasingly and this time it was Sehun who towered the girl and tickled her all over her tiny body. “What do you mean, huh?” Sumin couldn’t contain her laughter and burst out. “Stop!” ,she begged laughing. “Tell me!” Sumin already had tears on the temple of her eyes because she was so ticklish. “I mean because you’re so perfect, it isn’t even human being.” ,she lied – not at all. Sehun stopped and stared at her. “I know.” ,he said blankly. Sumin should’ve already laughed at him for being so cocky but his intense stare made her heart beat so fast that no words would come out of , even though her mind was full of words; I love you, please don’t leave again, please stay with- “I have to leave soon, again.” ,the boy confessed. Sumin blinked a few times to process what he’d just said. “When will you come back?” He bent down and gave her a short but meaningful kiss on her lips. “When the wind blows.” And the only thing Sumin knew was that she blushed so hard that she didn’t even noticed Sehun leaving because the only thing that went through her head was; “D-did he just kissed me?!”

“Sumin!” ,her mom yelled from downstairs. The girl quickly slipped into her slippers and rushed down the stairs to her mother. “What is it?” ,the short girl asked her mother who was currently putting on her heels and lip-stick. “I have to go to work, I bought ramen so you have something to eat. Your father is away on business so don’t wait for him or me. I’ll be gone until mid-night. Feed Mei and don’t forget to go to school in exactly 1 hour.” ,the woman grabbed her keys and placed a peck on her daughters forehead. “I’m leaving. Do your homework!” *Bang* The door closed and Sumin stood there, trying to remember the words her mother just said. “Sehun kissed me, me, me!” ,she giggled and went upstairs to shower and change into her school-uniform. “Oppa…should I call him oppa next time? Hihi, I should.” For others it might be weird to talk to oneself but Sumin was used to it. Many girl’s were afraid of her because of her ‘cold stare’ and the only friends she had until now were boys and one girl, who were left behind in her old village. Now she moved again and the only friend she made was the ahjumma from the Ramen-Shop – a very nice old lady.

“Sumin! Sumin,wait!” ,a group of girls approached Sumin on her way to the cafeteria. “Since you’re new, want to eat with us?” ,one of them, a very slim one asked the girl. “S-sure.” ,Sumin made to say, even though she stuttered she was proud of herself. Yes, Baek Sumin, the girl who looks like she could kill people with her gaze is actually a shy girl who blushes easily and only writes good grades; and she still manage to look pretty. “So, how old are you, again?” , another girl, also very slim and had a chick look, asked her. “I’m 14. My name is Baek-“ “Yah,yah, I know.” ,the chick-looking girl giggled. “Could you four introduce yourself to me?”, Sumin asked, way more confident than before. The girls stood up straight and made themselves ready, as if they learned it. “We’re the most frightened and prettiest girl’s in that school.” ,they said in unison and caught a lot of attention. Some of the students in the cafeteria giggled, others rolled their eyes, but smiling. They introduced themselves as Bora, Eunji and Sojin. They were all really pretty girls and didn’t looked like people who would use Sumin; she kind of trusted them already in the first 5 minutes. One of them, Sumin remembered her name was Bora, linked her arm with hers and pulled her to the queue. “I think we’ll become really good friends.” ,she told her. Sumin was at first quiet surprised but end up giving the girl a small smile and nodded. “I really hope so.” And even though she really expected to end up as a loner she really made new friends. And it made her think less of Sehun, until the night came and she desperately waited for the wind to blow; for him to appear.

-

It was the third day and just now Sumin got to know her three new friends; Eunji, Bora and Sojin. They were really lively and funny. Sumin liked to be with them, she liked to have people she can actually call her friends. And soon she realized, that those friends will take a huge place in her heart. But it was still too early for her to see that. | to be continued |