Sunny Day

Sonnencremeküsse

It was one of those rather rare days when the sun was shining like it was the last thing it would do, the sky was crystal blue without a single cloud and it was so warm you could only survive the day by lying around and doing absolutely nothing.

And that was exactly what Chanyeol was doing. Lying face down in the grass of a park, dressed only in swimming trunks, eyes closed and enjoying the sun. He thanked God that they had the day off; he wouldn’t have survived a single second of training in this weather but... This was heaven. At least in his opinion.

A boy sitting next to him.


“You know, Baekhyun,” he said sleepily. “The SPF doesn’t get higher the more layers of sunscreen you use...”

“Oh shut up.” Baekhyun snapped and continued with putting on more and more of the sunscreen. “I hate this weather.”

Chanyeol shook his head in amusement. “You’re probably the only person here who hates this weather... I think it’s cool.”

“It’s not. And that’s the problem. It’s far too hot and sunny.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes before he sat up and took the bottle of sunscreen out of his boyfriend’s, hand. “Baekki, relax. Seriously. Just lie down and enjoy it!”

“Oh yes, that’s easy for you to say. Do you have any idea how quick I get sunburn?”

Chanyeol  couldn’t help but laugh a little when he imagined Baekhyun, his pale Baekhyun, all red & burnt.


“That’s absolutely not funny.”

“Yes, it is.” Chanyeol giggled and Baekhyun huffed.

“Sometimes I really wonder why I’m with you, you idiot.”

“Aww, come on, Baekhyun-ah! I’m sorry! But it is kinda funny to imagine.” Chanyeol broke into another fit of laughter and Baekhyun hit him angrily.

“.”

“Come on, I was joking! You can’t be mad at me now! You know I like you. A lot. A whole lot. Enough to spend my time with you and let you snog me senseless. I don’t let all of my friends do that! You’re... I like you, okay?”

“Oh really? And why do I never see that?”

“Gosh! You’re worse than a girl!”

“And you’re an insensitive klutz.”

“Hey, I’m 24! What do you expect from me?”

Baekhyun crossed his arms and continued to glare at Chanyeol who sighed in defeat after a while and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend even though it was far too warm for that and Baekhyun was sticky from all the sunscreen.

“I’m sorry. You can have your sunscreen back, okay? Kiss me?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes but he had never been able to resist Chanyeol. Most of all when he was only wearing swimming trunks and looked at him like that. He is 24  years old too and had certain needs. And this stupid rapper boy just knew which buttons to push to make Baekhyun forgive him. God, he loved his Chanyeol. And besides, there was nothing better than kissing Chanyeol.

Chanyeol pressed himself closer to Baekhyun and immediately deepened their kiss. , but Baekhyun had become a damn good kisser in his eyes since their first kiss some time ago. Baekhyun’s lips moved gently against his and Chanyeol sighed in contentment This was just amazing. The feel of Baekhyun’s skin against his, so warm and soft, and the kiss tasted of summer, of sunscreen and of Baek. The perfect combination and it felt so new and yet... somehow familiar. It was Mr. Byun after all.

When they broke away from each other, Chanyeol grinned and gave Baekhyun the sunscreen.

“There. If it makes you happy.”

“You know, Chanyeol, you should probably put on some as well or you’ll be the one with the sunburn in the end.”

“Pff, I don’t get sunburns.” Chanyeol snorted and returned to his lying position and closed his eyes again. “I wanna get a nice tan. Do you even know what that is?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “Your problem...”


“Au! Damn, Baekhyun!” Chanyeol cursed. “Can’t you be a bit more careful? It ing burns!”


“It wouldn’t hurt if you had listened to me and had put on some sunscreen, Chanyeol-ssi.”

“Oh shut up, I don’t need your smartass comment no- Oh !”

Chanyeol buried his face in his pillow while Baekhyun was settled on his hip (a position, Chanyeol normally would’ve found rather nice) and was carefully massaging some cream or oil or whatever into his red, hot and burned skin, that was supposed to cool said skin and lessen the pain. It didn’t help.

“That’s what happens when you don’t listen to your wiser and more intelligent boyfriend. So stop whining, it’s your own fault.”

“You’re a really bad boyfriend, you know? You really could be a bit more caring and understanding...” Chanyeol pouted.

“Sorry. Well, actually, I’m not sorry. Because I told you so.” Baekhyun replied before he started laughing.

“That’s not funny!” Chanyeol snapped but Baek didn’t stop.

“Yes it is. You being all red and so...”

“Oh yeah, really funny. I’m in pain and you laugh.”

“You know,” Baekhyun continued. “Now you’re a real Red.”

“Oh ha ha. I’m ting myself with laughter here. Now you’re even stealing my jokes! I should break up with you....”

Baekhyun would’ve slapped Chanyeol’ back if he hadn’t known that this would hurt his boyfriend even more. So instead he just said “No you shouldn’t. Come on, Chan, I’ll make it better, okay?”

“You better do.” Chanyeol muttered before Baekhyun turned Chanyeol’ head towards himself and kissed him lovingly.

Baekhyun still tasted of summer and of sunscreen and Chanyeol noticed. And he came to the conclusion that the sunscreen obsession wasn’t so bad after all. Baekki’s sunscreen kisses definitely were the best medicine against sunburn.