Chapter 02.

Melody of Love

“Good morning~” A lively voice echoed throughout the room which had caught the students attention, including Hana. Right after she had heard the melodic voice, her eyes immediately traveled towards its source. Right at the door, a tall lean figure entered the class carrying a conveniently small slung bag along with a medium sized pencil case in her hand.

With a smile, the beautiful middle aged woman stepped in and made her way towards the teachers’ desk. After putting away her belongings, the female then took out a black marker from her pencil case and opened the cap before writing on the blank white board in front of the room.

Welcome To The Music Department!

After writing so, she her heel, facing the new fresh looks right in front of her eyes. “Before I say anything, let me congratulate you all for making into SM academys’ very own; music department! How does it feel to enter Uni?”

“Glad ‘cause I get to see you miss!” A voice cried out which caused several laughter and the said lecturer to arch her eyebrows upwards.

Bewildered by such comments made by a student, Hana immediately turned around in search of the culprit of the uncivilized barbarian.

“Oh really?” She asked sarcastically

“Hey, I’m not the only one who thinks you’re smoking hot miss-”

“Okay that’s enough” She finally cut the rather vulgar student “I wish to see you behave properly in class mr…?”

“Byun Baekhyun’s the name miss, if that’s how you’d like to find out my name” He answered with a flirty wink which had yet again caused echoing laughter within class.

“Right mr. Byun” She eyed him sternly “That’s the last chance you have. Another rude behavior from you and I’ll have you come with me to the rectors office for ual harassment” She scolded the boy before putting on her professional smile back on her face. “Back to where we were,” She begun “I am your homeroom teacher this year. You may all call me Mrs. Lee. It’s a pleasure to meet you all”

“Boo noona’s really cold today too” Baekhyun whispered to his seatmate Chanyeol who had been hiding his face the entire time no thanks to his friends’ embarrassing behavior in class.

“Maybe because you’re acting like a complete right in her class?” He whispered back sternly at him “It’s no wonder Yuri noona was mad at you”

After brushing off Chanyeols comment, the boy looked back at Lee sasengnim who’s currently conducting class and whispered to himself “She’s always been sensitive”

With a sympathetic expression, chanyeol gave the other male a supportive pat at the back “Cheer up baek, it’s not like noona hates you for real”

“Leave me alone” he glared at him for the last time before dozing off to sleep.

What were those two whispering about? Hana thought curiously. She had been paying close attention to Baekhyuns’ behavior ever since he called out to their lecturer, thinking how rude he is for hitting on a teacher, especially when she’s a married woman.

“Kim Hana?” a voice which Hana soon identify to belong to Mrs. Lee, called her.

“Yes?” She answered with a hint of panic in her voice oh no, did she notice that I wasn’t paying attention? She thought worriedly.

“Aren’t you going to come in front and perform for us? You are the top applicant for this campus, aren’t you?” She asked the girl for the second time. Apparently, since Hana was too busy spying on Baekhyun and Chanyeol she didn’t quite catch on that the teacher had been talking about her.

‘Ah… ye…” She nodded approvingly as she stood up and walked down from her seat and made her way with a pounding heart to the piano placed at one corner of the room. Once she was seated, she took in a deep breath and positioned herself to play a short yet beautiful piece.

The First Noel” D.O Thought as he listened tentatively to Hana’s piano playing. “She’s doing a great job at playing it” he complimented silently as he closed his eyes and grasped the melodic tunes of the music and unknowingly hummed the tune himself.

With her sharp ears Mrs. Lee noticed the boy humming the melody beautifully and then smiled “How rare for my lil bro to hum to such a simple piano piece” then eyed the pianist “Your talent is something worth to keep an eye on after all”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol who hadn’t been paying attention since earlier then turned their heads to the source of the beautiful voice and observed as they thought simultaneously “Wasn’t that the girl who talked to us earlier?”

“She’s pretty good” Chanyeol praised absent mindedly

Which had made Baekhyuns’ eyes softened a bit “Her piano playing is calming somewhat”

Chanyeol then turned his head at Baekhyun knowingly “It’s been awhile since he’s ever praised anyone besides us.” Then turned his head back towards Hana’s direction “Yeah, she’s good”

Once she finished playing several admiring looks were directed at her along with several soft awe’s and praises in the background. With embarrassment, the girl ducked her head shyly, avoiding everyone’s intent gazes.

“Now, let’s all clap for her performance!” The lecturer cried out and then clapped noisily “That was some piano playing!” She praised, which was then soon followed by several others.

“You deserved to rank first!” Another called out

“I nearly cried!!’ Another whined

Red faced, the girl abruptly lifted up her head who looked at her classmates in bewilderment. “They’re… really kind” Hana thought relieved “Th-thank you…” She replied all her friends’ kind comments with a smile.

What a cutie… Everyone thought together in their mind. How could anyone resist such a shy, timid, small girl?

“I-I’m kim Hana, I hope we all can get along well” She introduced herself out of the blue. The class looked at her blankly  before realizing that she had just introduced herself like a little high school freshmen  and tried hard to contain themselves from squishing her to death.

 Contrary from the others though, quite a peculiar male actually laughed out loud at her timid self-introduction. “We all already know that, Mrs.Lee had indirectly introduced you to us earlier” he stated with a wide grin.

Feeling embarrassed the girl lowered her head again as she thought “What a bully” She whispered to herself as she tried hard to contain her embarrassment.

“Mr. Do!” The lecturer suddenly called out sternly “How rude of you to laugh at a persons’ introduction?”

The boy then straightened up himself as he replied ‘I’m truly sorry miss, I just couldn’t help myself. This girl is really funny-“

“You will stay back after this lesson and apologize to her properly, understand?” She scolded lastly before the period had ended. “Everyone else besides Mr. Do and Ms. Kim shall proceed with their next schedules, a.k.a Campus orientation conducted by your seniors!” The lecturer called out as she smiled “Good luck and have fun everyone~”

Everyone did as they were told, including Baekhyun and Chanyeol who two were one of the last people to go out. As they walked away, strange stares were directed towards their usually quiet dongsaeng.

“We’ll see you out later D.O” Baekhyun waved awkwardly.

“Apologize properly, huh?” Chanyeol gave him advice as he patted his back then left.

Once the classroom was empty Mrs. Lee turned her attention to her new students and sighed. "Right we have to make this quick, since I don’t want to hold you two back for your campus orientation” And then eyed D.O “D.O, you have something to say to your new friend?”

Hana looked at her teacher weirdly “Did she just call him by his nickname?”

The boy sighed as he scratched his head “I’m really sorry for my rude behavior earlier. I didn’t mean o insult you” He answered earnestly as he looked at the ground. He was somewhat embarrassed himself.

“N-no don’t mention it. It was kind of weird for me to introduce myself out of the blue without being asked” She replied back to him as she eventually looked down and played around with her fingers “It’s understandable why you laughed”

The teacher then smiled in victory as she cried “Now that you two have properly made up, it’s time to properly introduce yourself right?” She said cheerfully as she eyed D.O “Go on lil bro, introduce yourself!’

“L-lil bro?” Hana repeated after her teacher in surprise “You two are related?”

The two then turned their attention to her and nodded approvingly. “I got married last spring therefore we no longer have the same surnames” Mrs. Lee explained “Other than that, we are tied by blood”

“Sis, you’re talking too much” D.O sighed as he eyed Hana “Do Kyungsoo’s the name.” He introduced himself indifferently “My friends call me D.O”

“Nice to meet you, D.O”

Satisfied with their friendship Mrs.lee then pushed the two out of the classroom as she said “Right, introductions are over, hurry up and catch up with the others! Wouldn’t want to be late for orientation now would we?”

“I really couldn’t care less…” D.O mumbled and earned a hard smack on the head because of it “We’ll see how you’ll act after the orientation” An intimidating voice warned him. “Hana, make sure he’s participating properly in orientation for me hm?”

“Ah… okay”

“Right, I’ll see you both later! Bye bye~” And slammed the door shut.

The two then awkwardly stood side by side as the begun walking towards the field. “Your sister is quite-“

“A pushover right? Sorry about that” D.O finished for her.

“No, well…” Hana then paused; looking for the right word but then gave up “that’s one way of putting it”

Again, D.O laughed out loud at her response as he said “Finally, someone who agrees with me on that”


A/N: Anyeong~ updated again~ 

How's it so far chingus? Hope you all like Kim Hana so far ^^