Prologue

Melody of Love

6 months prior:

With a broad smile she posed in front of her school gates, along with the black charter within her possession and a bouquet of roses that she had received earlier from her juniors.

“Say kimchi!” Her mother exclaimed with a smile towards her eldest daughter

Like she was told to, Hana curved the edges of upwards as she eagerly shouted the said word.

“Omo, it came out really good” Her mother said pleased as she checked the result on the camera’s small screen. As she looked up, another warm smile brimmed “Call up your friends! You should create memories during times like these!”

With a smile the girl bobbed her head up and down as she called out for her friends in the process “Yoona! Seung ri!”

The two then came shortly after her call, completing the whole gang. The high school trio then lined up together with Hana in the middle resting her arms on their shoulder while they did the same.

Out of the blue, Yoona whispered softly yet loud enough for the three of them to hear “Congrats on entering SM academy you two” She said with a smile.

With a grateful smile, Seung ri and Hana Tightened their hug as they whispered back to her in chorus “And good luck to you in Paris!”

The three then hugged tightly as they started to feel the heat in their eyes. Hana was the most emotional out of the three. All throughout the three years of her high school life was a blast thanks to these two great friends of hers.

“You’ll make a great designer. I just know it” Hana said to her buddy encouragingly just before they heard her mother shout

“Say Kimchi!” The elder woman yelled enthusiastically as she watched the tearful scene.

 “Kimchi!” The three exclaimed after a light chuckle as the shutter of the camera echoed in the air.

Current time:

“Hana!” Her mother called out to her “Seung ri’s here!”

Startled, the girl immediately replied “Ne umma!” and quickly adjusted her ponytail while grabbing her backpack. After a few sprints down the stairs, she finally met face to face with her best buddy who’s already sitting on the couch of their living room.

“Let’s go!” The girl cried enthusiastically.

Just as Hana begun to turn towards the door, Seung ri held her up by the arm. “Had breakfast yet?” He asked with a suspicious look.

The girl was caught off guard. After turning her head slowly to him she laughed awkwardly as she uttered “During break maybe?”

Seung ri face palmed himself as he sighed “Hana, eat” he said as he pushed her towards the dining room “I’m sure your mother cooked a delicious meal for you” He finally said as he forced her to sit.

“Morning Hyung” Dong joon greeted the boy as if it’s normal to have him around the house so early in the morning.

Seung ri turned to him as he ruffled his beloved dongsaengs soft brown hair “Morning Dong Joon” he said with a bright smile “How’s everything?”

After a few seconds the boy replied “Everything’s okay” with a poker-face and quietly went back to his meal.

“Seung ri ya” Hana’s mother exclaimed as she came out of the kitchen with toasted bread “Thank you for making sure she’s eating” She said with a light chuckle.

“No worries ummonim, it is a task that has been entrusted to me ever since our high school freshmen year” he declared coolly as he sat beside the empty chair beside her.

Ever so lightly Hana gave him a quick kick on the foot.

“YEOWCH!!”

“Thank you for the food umma” She quickly smiled with her puffy cheeks that were stuffed with toasted bread and quickly gave her brother a smile “Knock ‘em dead today too Dong Joon ya” She said with a fist pump, referring to her dongsaengs basketball match this afternoon.

With a slight bright shade of pink the boy replied, “Kurom noona” then eyed her carefully “Be careful on your way to campus” He muttered lowly

“I will” She beamed and gave him a warm hug. “See you guys later!” She said with a smile before dashing out.

“We’ll be leaving then.” Seungri bowed before he made a dash to follow the already gone girl.

“Have fun on your first day you two!”


“Alright, this is where we part” Seungri sighed as he turned his head warily to Hana “You know how to get to your faculty office right?”

“Yeah.” She replied with a smile as she pointed towards a building “South building, the first floor. I got it”

After a long pause, Seungri then gave a knowing smile “You’ll be fine Hana, I know it”

“W-what are you talking about, I’m perfectly cal-“

Just then her phone beeped continuously, drawing attention towards them.

“What are you waiting for? Hurry and pick it up!” The boy ordered, not liking the attention they’re getting.

“I-I’m looking for my phone” Hana said in panic as she rummaged the many pockets and sub-pockets in her backpack. Her phone was ringing loudly with the strange ringtone that she set up that was originally set for the purpose of being her alarm clock.

Seungri sighed desperately as he went to help and look with her “Remind again, how many pockets are in this damned backpack?”

“Found it” Hana sighed in relief and opened the cover to see the ‘Video Call’ notice beeping on her screen. Without much thought, the girl slid her finger across the screen to accept the video call only to meet face to face with her other best buddy who’s now on the other side of the world.

“Yoona!” Hana exclaimed happily as she saw her face on her phone screen.

Surprised, Seungri stretched his neck to Hana’s phone “Yo wonder woman, how’s life?” He beamed.

“Hana! Seungri!” The girl beamed “So glad to see you guys alive and well even without my supervision”

“Yah” Seungri growled upon her statement and threateningly took Hanas phone “If you’re going to be annoying might as well disappear”

“Seungri!” Hana scolded as she swiped her phone back “Don’t fight, chaebal..”

Defeated, he then patted her head “You know we’re just messing around”

“Anyway,” Yoona coughed “How’s uni over there?”

Hana then chuckled as she answered “It hasn’t even started yet Yoona”

“Ah right.” Yoona said as she clasped her hands together “Actually, I’m on my way to buy myself some ramyun on a Korean market I spotted a few days back.” She then turned her phone away from her face to show the two the night streets in Paris. “Beautiful scenery isn’t it?”

“It’s beautiful Yoona” Hana replied in awe. The city has certainly earned its title ‘City of Love’.

Yoona then paused before uttering “You’ll be fine Hana”

“Huh?”

“You’re nervous aren’t you?” Yoonas voice suddenly calmed down into a much more calming and warm tone. “You’re a wonderful girl. So you’ll make friends in no time”

“Yoona…” Hana’s eyes begun water from missing her girlfriend too much “How did you-“

“Best friend instincts? I felt that way too” Seungri suddenly cut in “But don’t worry, like what this annoying hag over here said, you’re a sweet girl. You’ll make friends before you know it” Seungri said with an assuring smile.

“Seungri…” Hana smiled warmly, touched with his kind words.

“Yeah, you won’t have to stick around that obnoxious brat anymore” Yoona uttered sharply in response to Seungri’s rude statement.

“What did you say?!”

“Whoops look at the time!” Yoona exclaimed all of a sudden “I’ll talk to you guys later! If I don’t hurry I won’t get any sleep on the night before my orientation! Au revoir~”

With that, Yoona had abruptly ended the video call, leaving the two in a rather awkward silence.

“That woman.” Seung ri grumbled as he scratched his head roughly “If you’re in a hurry, then you shouldn’t initiate the call first!”

“Ah… we should get to our faculties now” Hana reminded him “I’ll go now Seungri!”

“Ah right.” He said as he calmed down “Don’t get lost Hana! When you’re not sure where to go, just ask people around you!”


“Alright boys, here’s our faculty” A boy with motherly smile declared proudly to the other 5 who were close behind him.

“Hyung, I’m at the dance department” A tanned one pouted

“This is the music department” A poker faced one followed up with crossed arms

“Ah my bad, Kai, Sehun” The motherly boy apologized as he patted the younger ones shoulder “Guys head in, I’ll take Kai and Sehun to their respective faculties”

“Got it hyung” The other three answered in chorus and made their way inside.

“Whoa this place is huge!” A boy with a high pitched voice said extravagantly with sparkling eyes “It’s so cool…”

“Well this is university Baek, wouldn’t expect less” A tall one replied with a smug “Right D.O?” he turned his head to meet eyes with the silent boy next to him.

“It’s quite spacious” He replied simply. “Anyhow, we should head in like Suho hyung told us earlier”

“Right” The two answered him back as they walked.


“Um let’s see…” Hana traced through the university map once again to make sure she was in the right building “Which room leads to the music faculty’s office?”

Aigoo… I should’ve checked with Seungri… he would’ve known right away. I’m so bad at reading maps…

Suddenly, a loud voice had startled her. When she turned her head around to check, she spotted 3 (quite good looking) boys stand in front of the building.  “They seem quite young… are they freshmen too?” The girl wondered.

“When you’re not sure where to go, just ask people around you!” Seungri’s words suddenly echoed in her head. “Right” She told herself “I’ll ask them”


When the trio walked past the buildings’ lobby they almost immediately spotted her. And the three knew right away she’s trying to talk to them.

“Looks like our popularity never decreases even after high school” The smaller male with brunet hair said with a smirk.

The taller one just shook his head upon his comment. As Hana approached them the brunet haired boy spoke first. “What may we do for this lovely young lady? A hand shake? Or perhaps a good morning hug/kiss?”

The tall male had smacked the back of his head before he could go on “Stop it Baek, you’re scaring her”

“U-um” Hana stuttered at first, not knowing who to ask. While she watched the other two bicker by themselves she noticed a much more reserved boy just standing quietly near them.

With courage, Hana finally brought herself to speak up towards the less occupied boy. “U-um excuse me, may I kindly ask you for directions?”

She had then caught the boys’ attention when he turned his head to face hers. With an empty look nodded slowly.

Should I take it as a yes? “I-I’m just wondering which room belongs to the music faculty. There are still some papers that I need to sort.”

The boy then turned his head to his left and pointed to a door in the end of the hallway “It should be that room.” Then lowered his arm as he turned his attention towards the girl once again “I went there yesterday to have my documents sorted too”

“Oh really?” The girl beamed and then sighed in relief “Thank you” then smiled warmly at the boy.

He then nodded his head in response a smiled “Your welcome”

Hana then her heel and dashed towards the said room. The silent boy observed her every move until she was out of sight, disappearing behind the door.

“Omo? Our D.O is being quieter than usual?” The small brunet boy cooed “I didn’t know he could get any quieter-OUCH!”

“Quit it Baek, what’s up with you today?” The taller male scolded with a hard head smack “You’re being especially more annoying than usual”

“I’m heading off to class” The black haired boy sighed as he walked towards the classroom.

“Hey D.O wait up!”


A/N: First chapter up! Hope you all enjoyed it ^^