ii; coffee nights (jaeyeon/jiseop)

words for the heart

she leaves a tempting taste only coffee can give. 


While on his first cup of coffee, Jaeseop already feels drowsy and heavy-lidded.

A hand is on his shoulder. "Not yet," long, slender fingers tip the cup upwards, forcing him to drink more than he intended too. His tongue is almost burnt when she puts the cup of still-hot coffee down. "You have to finish this term paper, Jae."

Her voice sounded so alluring, so blissful that all he thinks of is how he can sleep while listening to her muttering sweet nothings to him.  

"I can fail this semester, and pass the next you know -"

"That can't happen."

"Yes, it can."

"No, it can't." she slams her hand on the table and eyes him sternly. She doesn't need to say more and - or - do more, because right then, Jaeseop zips his mouth and turns to his laptop. 

 

On his second coffee, she checks on him the fifth time in that hour alone. 

"How's it going?" 

head over heart. 

"So-so."

the human brain knows more. 

"Can I see?" 

but then again, the heart feels more.

"I have no idea what I wrote, Jiyeon." 

i don't know. damn it. 

She reads what he has typed over the passed hour and she has a strong urge to slap him on the head right there and then. His last line gets to her, and she just sighs. "I have no idea what you wrote too." she admits and Jaeseop feels like crawling in a hole. 

 

Before he starts on his third coffee, it's already 12 midnight and he moves to their shared room on their shared bed. 

She gets ready to doze off while Jaeseop is still stuck on his first paragraph because apparently, he doesn't know how to end it. 

How can he though when she's right beside him, clothing so thin and cloth so smooth. Her sleeveless top shows off the one of a kind structure of her shoulders and her arms that go on for miles. 

Under the sheets, he feels her bare legs pressed against his thighs and her skin is smooth - smoother than her silk top and shorts in fact - that he's so tempted to just touch her, hold her and never let her go -

"Yah," 

She kicks him back to reality and Jaeseop groans. 

 

He is halfway through his fourth cup when he notices that she's already asleep, deep in dreamland and impossible to wake up now. 

Jaeseop takes this moment to look at her. The world seemed so quiet, so still that nothing existed right there and then but only them - him, her - and maybe he liked it that way. 

Jaeseop moves his laptop aside mainly to scoot closer to her partly because the radiation is getting to him. He whispers her name, only for him and maybe her, to hear. 

He moves closer and caresses her right cheek. Soft, smooth - like how it should be. She looked so peaceful and innocent but tempting at the same time that Jaeseop couldn't handle it anymore.

He leans in and because he has self-control still intact with him, he only pecks her cheek for now. 

 

It's two in the morning and Jaeseop is on his fifth cup of coffee yet he's not even halfway done on his paper. 

"Jaeseop." 

"Hmm?" 

She stirs when he replies with a hum. She is now facing him, yet her eyes are not properly open. The only light in the room was the one coming from his laptop's screen. "Done yet?" she mumbles, eyes still closed and only semi-awake.

"Nope." 

"Half-way?"

"Nope."

"First paragraph?"

"Err, technically?" 

She heaves out a large sigh, and Jaeseop can't help but feel guilty - only a little bit. "You can do that tomorrow, come 'ere." 

She spreads her arms for him to enter her embrace and Jaeseop fights a battle in his mind as he looks from his laptop to his girlfriend. Who to choose? Which to choose? 

"Jaeseop, you're tired. Come," she sounded so inviting and so tempting that she wins, only by a point difference inside Jaeseop's head. 

He falls into her embrace and her slender arms hold on tightly to his waist. Her warmth radiates towards him and he shifts just to see her face. "Jiyeon."

She smiles, eyes still closed. "Jaeseop."

And they don't need to say anything more than their names, because they end their night with a kiss so sweet and so bitter at the same time that she tastes all the coffee he drank through his lips. 


- ; i've been reading too much of kisoap's works. omg. sorry to disappoint those who have been disappointed.