Chapter 4

The Other Jung Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At around 2 AM, Sookhyun was wide awake and not going to sleep anytime soon. Jet lag was being a total to her right now. It was only 12 PM in California, which means she’ll start to feel sleepy at around 2 PM KST. She was outside the balcony wishing she had a cigarette with her. But since her sisters don’t know about that part of her life yet, she didn’t want to randomly light up a cigarette and start making the whole house smell like smoke. 

 

There’s a lot of things she’d have to adjust to coming to Seoul. For one thing it was colder than she remembered. California at night can be a bit chilly, but not as cold as it was now in Seoul. Also the fact that she basically knew no one here aside from her sisters and other relatives. All her friends were 9,580 km away and she can’t help but miss them. She wanted to FaceTime with her best friend, but she’s in class. Her mom and dad were also at work and her sister was a sleep.

 

Sookhyun sat outside playing on her phone. At level 35, she officially got bored and decided to go out to walk around. So she grabbed her wallet and slipped on her sneakers and quietly went outside. Jessica was the only one home. Krystal had to stay at the dorm, because she had an early schedule the next day. 

 

The neighborhood of where they lived wasn’t that bad. There were a lot of park and convenience stores that were 24 hours. It also wasn’t super dark out and her house was near Han River.

 

Sookhyun went inside the first convenience store she saw and walked around. She picked up some chips and a few onigiri that’ll feed a group of 5. She passed by the refrigerator and saw a couple of cans of beer. She thought it would be fine to drink near the river since it was already almost 3 AM, so she grabbed a few cans and went to the counter to pay.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter