Chapter 2

The Other Jung Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ma’am, we have arrived.” The driver told Sookhyun who was laid down on the car seat, sleeping in the back. This is what happens when you sit in the airplane for 11 hours. Sookhyun opened her eyes and hissed at the bright 11am sunlight streaming from the window. Her body clock says 7pm, but her actual clock says 11am.

Sookhyun shuffled in her seat and sat up. She rubbed her eyes and looked out the window and saw that they were outside some building of some sort in some place Sookhyun doesn’t know where. The building didn’t look residential, but more of a business one, which confused her because she thought that they were on their way to her sister’s house.

“Uhmm. Ahjussi,” Sookhyun said in Korean. “Where are we?” The driver got out of the car and jogged to Sookhyun’s door to open it for her. She stepped outside and stretched her aching muscles.

“Your sister told me to take you here, ma’am. You’re other sister is filming a CF right now, so nobody’s home.” The driver said. Sookhyun nodded and took her backpack from him. She wore it and followed the driver to the building.

“Welcome to Blanc & Eclare.” The receptionist at the main desk said. Sookhyun smiled and greeted her back. “Uhm, I’m looking for my sister, Jessica Jung.” The receptionist typed something on her desktop before saying, “Your name, please?”

“Jung Sookhyun.” Sookhyun said and the receptionist’s face shined. “Ah! You’re Leila Jung!” Sookhyun nodded her head, but cringed inside with the use of her English name. She doesn’t really like using that name too much, except when she meets new American people who have the tendency to say ‘Sookhyun’ wrong.

The receptionist told Sookhyun to go up the elevator to the top most floor. “That’s your sister’s office. Her assistant is there and is waiting for you right now.” Sookhyun nodded and went to where the receptionist told her to go.

Sookhyun felt lots of mixed feelings as she ascends. She was about to meet the sister she hasn’t seen in 15 years, she can’t help but feel like she’s meeting a complete stranger.

Sookhyun was brought back from her thoughts when the elevator dinged as an indication that she arrived at her destination. When the elevator opened, Sookhyun stepped out and headed to the right, which is, where her sister’s office is located. At least, that’s where she thinks it will lead.

“You must be Leila.” Someone suddenly said. “I’m Han Hyesul, your sister’s secretary/assistant.” Sookhyun shook Hyesul’s hand. “Please, call me Sookhyun.” Hyesul nodded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter