never forgotten.

forgiven.

A woman takes notice of the pair of eyes that drifted to her direction. Her body was resting on the hard surface of the wall of some random clothing store. Wanting nothing more to approach someone who needed company. There are people in this world who feel loneliness yet they forgotten the difference of lonely and alone. Flashing a small smile towards the stranger’s direction, a hand was lifted up. Beckoning him to come forth, to follow and let her guide him into a place where no others would dare to go. “Come here.”

 It wasn’t an exact greeting Chanyeol would expect. It’s suspicious to even hear such a thing from another person someone who he isn’t quite familiar with at least. She didn’t even drop by a quick ‘hello’ and despite those two words being quite soft spoken, it was enough for him to get his behind off of the bench and towards her direction. He isn’t delusional right now, yes? It’s dangerous to do so but he couldn’t help himself. She was intriguing, light strands of hazelnut falls over her back and she occasionally glances over the shoulder to check if he was still right behind.

“Do you have a name?” -- Stupid Chanyeol, of course she does. He wanted to slap his forehead at the foolish remark that accidentally emits out of his mouth when he blurted the question out loud.

“Hayoung.” She replies back, a small laugh coming afterwards. “Yourself?”

“Chanyeol.” He introduces himself, a lopsided grin on the lips as he quickens his pace to stand besides the other woman. He glances down to take a clearer vision of how the other looked like, surely she’s quite a beauty in the eye nonetheless. Her face is youthful and when she smiles it’s radiant rather than forced compared to others who smiled back at him out of hesitation.

“Would you like to come with me to a place where others don’t usually go to?” She asked more properly, hoping that he’d tag along. Hayoung picked him out of the other strangers because he seemed quite out-going in the eye. The last time she offered to bring someone to one of her sacred places; they were quite hesitant in doing so. She didn’t appear to be a serial killer or a thief, just a woman seeking adventure. A craving to wander around the place.

“I won’t get hurt during the process right?” Her head nods in order to reassure the taller male that he’ll be in safe hands. He’ll take her word on it. “Okay then, continue on.”

On the other side of town is where the location of the forest was, the huge trees scattered and the ground was coated in particles of dirt as well. Suddenly, she peers over at him. “May I?”

“You?”

“Hold your hand. May I?” Hayoung admits, she wasn’t shy or anything. Which was something he wasn’t used to, normally the girls he used to spend time with were rather bashful. Giggling behind their hands and suddenly they felt the sudden urge to hide their face on them afterwards, woman were quite a challenge in understanding. “I don’t want you to get lost around here.”

Lips parting, he was close to protesting but he didn’t. Instead, he lifts his palm in order to reach for hers. Their fingers didn’t intertwine but their grasp was rather loose. She quickens her steps to guide him further into the area she wanted to show him. He kicks tiny pebbles to the side absentmindedly as he walks with her, he doesn’t exactly try to have a conversation with her. Mainly out of how concentrated she looked, there’s always a better time to say something anyways.

“Here.” She says, not letting go of his hand but when they made it to a tiny hill that displays the city in front of his chestnut colored irises. He beams brightly at the sight as he sighs out of disbelief, he never heard of the spot. Though she was at least glad to even see it for his eyes itself. Who would have thought? None of his friends exactly informed him about this area, but then again, none of them were interested in the outdoors. Always focused on work or finishing their assignments for their remaining classes.

“How did you find this place?” He asked, glancing around to see if there was a place to sit down but there was nothing. He decided to stand on his two feet.

Her head turned from one side to the other, her shoulders shrugged rather loosely before giving an answer. “I just wander around the city, saw this beautiful place and thought I’d share it with others.”

Maybe, their encounter an hour ago wasn’t exactly something he’d thought would happen. Chanyeol’s just glad that he got to see this for himself. The sun was beginning to settle down slowly, the shades of yellow to orange was evident on the sky rather than splotches of white and the pastel color of blue. “Can I ask you something, Hayoung?”

“Of course, go ahead.”

“Why, me?”

The younger thinks about it momentarily, was there a reason to why she approached him. With lips lightly tapping against one another a few times, she uses a free hand to lightly scratch on the top of her head. “You seem like you were alone.”

Loneliness.

His friends took notice of how distance he tends to be when engrossed in his own things. He normally sits alone on the bench near the bus stop or around the park. Letting time pass by as he plays with the random games that were downloaded on his cell phone. Or he’s there playing the guitar for those who were sitting down besides him, standing around him or walking right past him. It wasn’t really something to take pity for, he doesn’t mind being alone and sitting in his own silence with the sounds of other voices and ruckus in the background. He’s a grown man who could make his own choices, he could decide whether he wanted company or to be alone for the rest of the day.

And for once in so long, he wanted to be right besides Hayoung.

✄ - - -

This becomes a usual routine for them for two weeks by now. He’ll gather his things, a box in his hold and she would rush over to the spot with a basket containing lunch and a blanket to place on the ground. She’ll sit down besides him up until they finished with their meal or the small bowl of chopped mangoes that she normally feeds him and herself as well. 

It’s fine, this whole situation was absolutely fine. It’s more than that, so much more. Chanyeol felt the warmth of having good company besides him, he could play a song and she’ll obediently listen to the way his fingers strum along the thin strings to play one of his favorite songs. He learned from his father back when he was a child, they would sit besides one another and he would try to remember which fingers goes where. Truly those moments were cherished and Chanyeol thanks his father for those months and years of hard practice.

“I needed to tell you something.” She brings up out of no where. Her leg sticking out with her hands resting behind her. Flashing a timid smile, Hayoung wasn’t too sure on how to break the news to him. Especially when she was hesitant in bringing it up to her new friend.

“Yeah?” He muffles that word in between his chewing as he tries to finish the rest of his food that was in the container. “Go ahead.”

“I’ll be away.”

He heard that incorrectly. At least he would hope so. A sudden chuckle falls out of his lips almost nervously only to see a small frown plastered on the younger’s girl face. “Where? How long?” Why? Just why?

“I’ll be out of the country, just a couple of weeks to visit a family relative of mine.” She explains after the small amount of questions. 

Chanyeol knows she has a tendency of wandering around but to be out of town, the country especially? He was surely worried but he couldn’t exactly stop her from doing what needed to be done. Family comes first to one’s perspective after all. With a nod, understanding her reason. He slides an arm around her shoulder in order to pull her into a side hug, flashing a lopsided at the other. “Be safe, okay?”

“I’ll be sure to keep in touch as well.”

✄ - - -

A couple of weeks went by. They would exchange messages to each other, small smiles showing and the company besides them questioned it silently with a raised brow. Except Hayoung’s auntie who constantly bombarded the young girl with the typical ‘who was that?’ question. She didn’t really say it was a guy, just a friend was her answer in return.

“I miss you.” He confessed through a message, his thumb was grazing on the ‘sent’ button but he didn’t press down on it. Not exactly, not now. Instead he dialed Hayoung’s number, fingers tapping on the table absentmindedly with his eyes directed on the front of the wall. Taking in a deep breath, he shifts around on his seat to become comfortable once again. It rings, four times to be exact.

It’ll go on voicemail, I should have known.

“Hello?” Once Hayoung picked up the phone rather hurriedly, trying not to show too much excitement when it happened because she had her family members right there in front of her. Gathering by the table, already preparing dinner. “Chanyeol?”

“Huh?” He dumbly spits out, clearing his throat before laughing out loud. “Yeah, hi there.”

She silently excused herself momentarily to step into the room she was staying in for a few more days, the young girl closes the door behind her. Back resting on the surface as she replies back to him seconds afterwards. “Yes, yes. Hello to you too. How are yo-”

“I miss you.”

Her heart drops within three simple words that escaped his warm cavern. Hayoung can’t see his face clearly, but when it’s been five months of them barely seeing each other. It must be hard on him the way it is with her as well. She doesn’t get too upset, they exchange many pictures and messages as well. So it’s nothing to complain about and it isn’t something she wanted to bring up either. The sudden urge to see him, not wanting to portray herself as a woman who was desperate for his presence. “Miss you too.”

It’s a relief to hear those words right back. It makes him smile, glancing down at his free hand that was resting on the table and he glances back up at the clock. Tick, tock. Let the time continue to pass by naturally but it doesn’t make her arrival back in Seoul any quicker.

“When are you coming home?” He asks, scratching the top of his head.

Taking a deep breath, she wasn’t too sure when the exact date was. It’s merely impossible to ask her own mother when it was okay to take a plane ride back home to see everyone else including Chanyeol as well. Her shoulders shrugged, despite him not seeing it. “Soon. In a few days.”

“Oh.” The disappointment was evident when he didn’t speak so much. Getting up from his spot in order to walk back into his room, practically dragging his pair of feet on the carpet with every trail. Sighing quietly underneath his breath, strands of his fringe falling over his brows and near his hazelnut hues. “I still visit the spot you showed me.”

“Still beautiful?”

“Yeah, of course.”

“Wait for me.” Hayoung says, biting down on her bottom lip gently. There was a small part of her that wished she didn’t have the strong urge to leave and have a crave for wanderlust either. And surely enough, she’s willing to speak up for herself soon. It’s almost been two months since they’ve seen one another, she doesn’t want to be forgotten by him.

His cheek presses against the pillow, once getting into position on the mattress. Back resting on it and his head tilted to the left, glancing at the calendar set up on his desk. “I will.”

Her mother shouts from across the hallway, informing her that dinner was prepared. Cupping her other cheek, she whispers softly. “Look, I’ll call you after dinner. Okay? See you soon.”

Chanyeol didn’t respond back to the young woman, he didn’t have time to. When he was going to say it, she immediately hung up on him. Eyelids were fallen shut, breathing through his nose until he remained calm and peaceful. Sleep, that’s all he needed in order to relax. To just sleep.

✄ - - -

About four days after the call he had with Hayoung, things didn’t change so much. They still send pictures and messages. He would drop by to the location that she introduced him three months ago. Sitting on the spot where her plaid designed picnic blanket would fall upon the dirt, except he brought his own. The tall male would stay there for an hour or two, whether it was to have a meal during his free time or to keep his thoughts far away from his mood. 

There’s a small rustling when someone steps on the deeper, darker shades of leaves that were scattered along the dirt. Causing him to straighten his posture, he glances from one side to another. It’s his imagination, or he would assume it was because his feet weren’t exactly near any leaves.

“Got any room there?” The young woman inquired softly, slowly approaching the other with a tiny smile fixed on the lips.

He turns immediately to look at her, eyes widening in surprise before he straightens himself up in order to reach over to take a hold of Hayoung’s wrist. Carefully pulling her into his arms, coiling them around her body to secure her in place. Her hair color was different, it wasn’t similar to his own. Where it was a light shade auburn. It’s her natural color, charcoal. 

He thinks it’s beautiful, she’s beautiful.

“Welcome home.” He murmurs against the top of her head, planting a small peck on it afterwards. She inclines her head, tilting it back to look up at him with a softness in her irises. She visited home not too long ago to drop her stuff and help her mother unpack everything. Yet, this was considered home itself. Being in his arms, by his side and in his presence overall.

When they were settled on the sheet, his arm was hanging over her shoulders to keep her close to him. Glancing out and she told him all that she missed when she was out of the country to visit her family in the states. How it was different compared to here, the food, the atmosphere and people as well. It was an experience worth remembering. After another hour, she stopped suddenly to muffle a yawn behind her palm.

“I can let you rest at my place.” He offers, somehow it didn’t feel right saying it out loud. “I mean, if you’d like. I won’t do anything suspicious. Or I can drop you back home.”

“I want to stay with you.”

Her words were somehow lingering into his ears, causing him to stare back at her momentarily. At a daze and slightly confused but when it repeats once more. Mouthing those exact words, he felt a smile coming along his cheeks. Nodding in response as he slowly got up, offering her a hand that she immediately takes into her own. The dirty bowls and containers were set into the basket, folding the blanket to tuck it on top as he wraps his slender fingers around it.

Crouching down momentarily, he glances over the shoulder to take notice of the blank expression washed upon Hayoung’s face. “I’ll carry you.” He offers kindly, turning his head to look at the front until a sudden weight was pressed on top of his back. Arms wrapped around his neck and he slowly straightens himself up without her sliding off, using his fingers to let it rest under the thighs. Mumbling an apology for the contact on a certain area that she might be uncomfortable with, especially when the warmth of her skin was caressed unintentionally.

Hayoung doesn’t mind. She doesn’t mind at all.

While walking back to his place that he offered and she picked without pressure. The street lights were a pathway to his vision, making sure that it wouldn’t be too late and even then he wouldn’t get lectured for it. He lives alone anyways, he visits his parents from time to time and his sister too when she’s in town. He preferred to just live in this solitude, be independent. Instead of having his family constantly informing him that he couldn’t do it, that he’ll end up regretting it.

“Can I ask why you choose to stay with me?”

Hayoung’s chuckle was lighthearted, her chin rested upon her arm, fingers resting on his chest as she keeps her place on his back. “Because I like being with you.” She admits softly, words whispered in a hushed tone that only he could hear. “I know you don’t like being alone either.”

Chanyeol doesn’t respond back to her, a nod is what she earns. Maybe she’s right, maybe not. All he knows is that he just wants her company most of all.

When they arrived back to his cozy apartment place, he drops the items onto the table for him to clean up tomorrow morning. He walks into the room with her hand in his when she decided to get on her feet instead of clutching onto his back. The sheets were pulled down, informing the young girl to lay down and she does. Chanyeol shifts from one side to another rather awkwardly, right. People enjoy their personal space. He moves to the closest to pick up his spare blanket and when he decided to stay on the couch for tonight, her words stopped him from doing so.

“Chanyeol.” Pausing, her palm rested on his mattress. Giving it a light pat with a bashful smile. “Come here.”

“You sure?” He wanted to make sure that any choices she make, is comfortable rather than forced out of pity. When she nods her head, the taller male clears his throat while walking over to her direction. 

Lying right besides her own frame, the sheets enveloping their bodies into comfort. At ease with their presence and he rested an arm on top of her center to keep her close. Due to their height difference, he had to shift around once more in order to face her more properly. Charcoal colored hues resting on her face and she does the same. Exchanging a small smiles and he never made an attempt to go a step further. It’s a risk but it’s not exactly worth taking. Hayoung inches forward for her lips to press against the very tip of his nose until her body turns to the opposite side, back resting on his chest and her eyelids were closed shut.

“Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.” He replies back. Chocolate colored irises fixed on her the entire time until he falls asleep himself. 

This is what it feels, to be someone in another’s eyes.

✄ - - -

Their days continue to pass by rather quickly. Time needed to slow down the pace or at least he would hope so. The routine never changed, visiting the same location and her constantly leaving once in a while to visit people out of town or out of the country. It’s something he managed to put up for an entire year. The messages and photos helped, the tiny snippets of videos of her saying good morning and good night was something to look forward to. Except, when she doesn’t come home at the exact date, it almost feels like he’s hopelessly waiting on something.

“I’m here!” 

After the shout that nearly caused Chanyeol to trip over his step. Hayoung rushes over to his side in order to hug him, arms wrapped around his body and her cheek presses against his shoulder as a greeting. He simply chuckles in response, a hand lifted to pat the top of her head.

Once they were settled, eyes still focused on the sun setting down and the city’s view from a mere distance. He reaches into his pocket in order to pick up a box, it’s a burgundy shade and he holds it up for her chestnut hues to take notice off. “Not what you think, I promise.” Hayoung nods her head in understanding, lips smacked against each other to stay silent as she felt a small smile growing on the visage. He opens it up to flash a simple ring, for hers to settle on her dainty finger. “I thought it’d be a good present, as friends. I know it’s odd but I didn’t know what else to get.”

There’s a small laugh that emits past her lips, reaching for the piece of jewelry in order for her to observe closer. Coated in silver at the tiny diamond was peeking in the center.

“Wait let me..” Pausing, Chanyeol reaches for the ring into his own palm instead as he lifts up her hand to take into his own. The right hand. Gently and with ease, he slides it onto her ring finger and they glanced at each other afterwards. There’s a small shade of pink that rested on her cheeks and she becomes bashful which was always a sight he never thought he’d see. “It looks good on you.”

“You think?” She asked, gazing down at her hand as she lets it rest in his own before he slowly held it with a more precise grasp. How long has it been since they’ve known each other? Quite a while, more than a year by now. It remained as being friends, close friends but they never made a step forward into making this relationship more official. In a more romantic level.

“Of course.” 

✄ - - -

“‘Yeol.” His best friend greeted, a hand rising in order to wave it towards his direction whilst flashing a sheepish grin at the taller male. He still looked the same, he muses silently. Baekhyun hasn’t been around in order to know what’s happening. Staying in Europe to pursue his occupation as an actor by studying abroad than staying in the city where Chanyeol was.

Opening the door for him for better access. Baekhyun steps inside, bags dropping onto the corner rather hurriedly as he turns back to hug the other male momentarily, giving him a pat on the upper region of his back before separating. “Nice seeing you back.”

“For this time.” He corrected, plopping down on the couch as he reaches over for the remote to turn the television on. There’s the usual disappointment he was feeling when he heard the words, causing his brows to be brushed by his palm out of frustration. Sighing quietly but he didn’t really speak out it.

They sat down on the couch, speaking about what was going on in their lives. If they met girls to settle with and if their studies were doing fine like they were back in high school. Baekhyun leans back, his natural colored strands being tussled in between his fingers. “Do you ever get upset that I leave from time to time?”

“Not at all.”

“Really? Doesn’t seem like it.” 

The shorter pointed out causing Chanyeol to avert his gaze somewhere else. The walls were empty, nothing to really glance at as he looks down at his feet instead. Accepting his best friend visiting for a few days or a week if he was still available until that time was enjoyable. It makes him feel like he has someone other than his parents, who doubted his abilities but then again he doubted himself most of all. “What makes you think otherwise, Baek?”

“Because I know you don’t like being alone.” It was the exact words Hayoung told him during the first day they met. They both shared something in common, Baekhyun and the girl who he waited for, they both knew passed the gleeful smiles and the chuckles. “That waiting every day becomes tiring. It hurts, I know ‘Yeol.”

Somehow, the cracks upon the walls he built up in front of others were becoming shattered by observation and words of wisdom. Chanyeol musters up the best smile he could for his own best friend before he felt the other’s arm on his shoulders, using his palm to wipe away the tear that accidentally coats his cheek. It hurt because he didn’t know what else to do but wait for things to happen instead of making a move. Compared to Baekhyun, he achieved his own goals by wandering off and doing his own thing. And himself? He’s here, he’s still studying and he’s waiting for him to come back for good and Hayoung as well.

Because she hasn’t been home for a month. Yet, this waiting game was a routine itself for them as well.

✄ - - -

“There’s someone I want you to meet.” Hayoung admitted through video call, his head began to nod slowly in response. He wanted to check up on her after the conversation he had with his best friend. Maybe, be honest with his feelings or see the smile he’s grown to adore. Almost as if he didn’t want to hear those words because the next statement was predictable. He’s too late, wasn’t he? She rips her gaze off of the auburn colored hair male in order to beckon the other to sit besides her. His skin was slightly tanned, jawline sharp and there’s a coy smile growing on the face. “This is Jongin. Jongin meet Chanyeol.”

Exchanging a quick wave by the palm, Jongin tilts his head to one side with a small chuckle. “Ah, this is the Chanyeol she keeps rambling on about. Pleasure.”

“The same for you.” He forces the words out despite choking on them at first. Chanyeol clutches onto his own palms momentarily, accepting this was better than complaining. He needed to remind himself that. Noticing the amount of laughter and smiles given to each other was quite a bittersweet memory in his own mind. The moment Baekhyun reaches the door, knocking on it twice he opens the door slowly only to peek over at what his best friend was doing around his desk. Eyeing the woman he noticed that was smiling in the picture Chanyeol kept on the desk, except he wasn’t expecting another person besides her. They didn’t look related and the way his best friend quivers he needed to stop it. 

“‘Yeol. Lets go, dinner’s here.” He said out loud, slowly approaching him to crouch down momentarily. Stopping the conversation before it gotten worse, waving a hand out and before Chanyeol had a chance to even say goodbye to the pair his best friend cuts it off. With a smile and pressing down on the ‘end’ button on the screen, he breathes in sharply under his breath. Glancing at the taller male before he reaches over to ruffle the top of his head to mess his auburn colored hair up. “You.. alright?”

“She met someone else.” He explained, there’s no emotion painting on his face but either way the feeling he created inside was becoming rather unbearable. To the point where he laughed it off forcefully, getting up from his seat as he nods his head in response to Baekhyun’s question a minute afterwards.

✄ - - -

He didn’t speak to her for another two weeks, all messages and calls were ignored. He sat there on the couch to enjoy quality time with his best friend until he left to head back to Europe for another six months. Things might have changed, better or for worse but there’s one thing that never changed and it’s the quick visits at the small hill top that Hayoung introduced him too. 

Chanyeol still wonders about how she’s doing or if the new male in his life was treating him well. Either way he doesn’t mind, he learned how to move on from it. Or at least by force so he wouldn’t ignore the young woman for the rest of his life. That isn’t fair to her if he left without an explanation or saying a proper goodbye. When he musters enough strength to finally speak to her again, he gets online on his laptop in order to prepare the video call. When Hayoung answers it, she was there. Sitting with a small smile on her face and he could clearly notice the disappointment and the hurt of how he didn’t speak to her until now.

“Been busy with Baekhyun I’m assuming?”

“Well, it’s not often he comes back to visit.” He replied back.

The silence between them was quite unbearable, he glances at random areas behind her but he felt the need to keep her gaze on nothing more but her. Just her and nobody else or nothing else.

“Are you mad at me?” She asked, fingers fiddling with one another nervously. Creating empty circles around the edges as she shifts around her seat uncomfortably, her heart racing with numerous possibilities of how he could answer it.

“No.” He starts off, shaking his head with a weak laugh. “I’m happy for you.”

“But you don’t have to pretend that you’re okay with it if you’re not.”

He relishes the words that emits out of her thin lips, it rings into his ears like an alarm that wakes him up during the early morning. Chanyeol doesn’t know how to say it, he doesn’t even know if it’s the right time either. The temptation to blurt it out was something he wanted to do. It’s itching out to let Hayoung know that all this time he waited for her to come home and stay. Instead of having to drop by and leave for months, weeks even. Occasionally her reasons were because of family and the other was because of Jongin, it had to be.

“I waited here for you to come back home. Because you said home was where I was.” Chanyeol explained, the anxious feelings that made his heart race faster was pushed out of the way just for this moment for her to realize. For her to understand and to keep these words as well. He doesn’t stop there, she doesn’t respond back either. Her expression was blank but it her gaze was soft, almost apologetic. “I wanted you to stay but I couldn’t be selfish. And all this time you provided me with this comfort that I missed, you decided to leave constantly to see Jongin.”

“Chanyeol, wait--”

“I love you.”

Her heart nearly drops at the three words that she couldn’t believe. It’s almost as if it was a dream that somehow became a reality for her to live on. The glossy layer on her eyes was evident that she was close to breaking down into tears before he does. Hayoung didn’t know, she didn’t want to assume either but to hear it from himself without the obligation to play the guessing game in her mind.

His breathing began to be rather shaky, mustering a smile for the woman on the screen. He’ll probably recieve a punch in the face for it, but who cares. He doesn’t. “I love you, Hayoung, and I’m sorry.” -- 
.

The screen falls into black when he ended the call and she cups her own face to muffle the gentle sobbing she held back. She wasn’t sure if she needed to pick up her cell phone to fill his inbox with nothing more but messages of apologies or pleading for another call from him. Yet with the way the syllables broke apart when he said it out loud, he held so much back just for her sake how else was she supposed to react?

This loneliness that has lingered within the years was familiar. Chanyeol laid back on his mattress when the call ended, eyes glued on the ceiling. Regret was building to wash upon his frame and he doesn’t take another moment to let it all stream down his cheeks, arm pressed against his arm in order to cover his eyes.

✄ - - -

Three months gone by. The winter was obvious by how the frostbite air hits his cheek whenever he walked along the sidewalk or on the dirt. Chanyeol doesn’t stop visiting the place, there’s no reason to do so. It’s beautiful and despite the bittersweet feeling of her becoming a memory; the memories she gave him will no longer be sad but cherished. For the happiness and the warmth that he wanted and he lost. The smiles that weren’t forced by naturally created. And the handful of laughters that slipped out with every lame joke that he could recall. 

He’s still hopelessly waiting on her after all this time.

The tall male stood on the surface of the hill top, particle of dirt and snow sticking on the bottom of his shoes due to the numerous steps that lead him towards his destination. He gazes out at the spot once again, the different aura that lingers as a mist of fog escapes when he heaves a sigh between chapped lips. Small sounds of rustling was being created due to tiny steps and a hurried pace that causes Chanyeol to brush it off because he doesn’t want to assume someone was going to sneak up behind and suddenly murder him. He sets up three layers of blankets on top of one another on the ground, so by then it wouldn’t be wet due to the snow becoming nothing more but liquid. He sits down, legs spread into a straight alignment with her arms resting on behind his head. Getting comfortable on his initial position while a yawn emits out. No one doesn’t even go here just him and--

“Hayoung.” Her name slides out of his lips, a small smile growing on them and she stands there a few feet away from his frame. Clutching onto the scarf that coiled around her dainty neck, she’s waiting for him to turn back around to gaze at her returning but the young girl doesn’t have patience.

Clearing behind her mitten covered fist, dropping it to the side before responding back to his tiny comment or his calling. “Are you still waiting for me?”

He must be painting an illusion inside of his mind to why he’s suddenly hearing things. Or was she here again after her long trip back home instead of visiting more of her relatives. “Maybe.” He replies, lips tightly pressed together.

“And why are you doing it?” She asked, normally it’d the taller male asking numerous questions about anything but this, she just needed to know all that she hasn’t during the past two years of knowing one another

“Because I can’t help but hopelessly waiting for someone who gave made me feel like a somebody than no one at all.”

Hayoung steps forward almost hesitantly, teeth capturing her lower one as she glances around to distract herself from avoiding and suddenly turning her back to leave. Goodness, he must hate her after all this time. It’s bitter to even hear her voice before but he’s grown to forgive but certainly not forget. He couldn’t forget her, how could he?

“Do you?”

Chanyeol finally turns, ripping his gaze off the scenery in front of him and to the young woman who was standing right there in front of him. Concealing the suddenly disbelief he felt, inclining his head to face her more properly. She still looks the same, the youthful yet mature features. The way her eyes slightly form into a crescent like the moon when it decides to appear during the night sky. Or how radiant her smile was when she creates it naturally on her face. “Do I what?”

“Still love me.” She finishes off.

The older male tucks a few strands of her hair away from her face, the warmth of his palm touches her cheek gently as he leans in until his breath tickles her visage.

 “I do.”

✄ - - -

Eyes were immediately snapped open the moment he imagined the dream he had inside of his mind, breathing was erratic and he slowly sat up from the place he was laying on when he placed the blanket on the dirt. The rosy shade on his cheek from staying out in the cold for too long and he glances around to make sure it was just a dream and that she wasn’t there. The corners break into a smile, he slowly gets up in order to set everything inside of his basket while tugging his hoodie up and on top of his head. 

Hayoung rushes into the forest in order to visit the location she knows quite well, irises glancing from one angle to the next. Due to the amount of months of constantly leaving out of town or the country in general, she slowly forgotten where it was exactly located at. She follows the empty pathway that was created, remembering the tiny marks on the trees to indicate which direction to go to. Her gaze were glued entirely at that and nothing more. And the moment she hears a small handful of steps the opposite side of where she was standing, she glances over there for a quick second. The body was captured in the glimpse of her hazelnut colored irises but they must be a stranger, she thought.

The sound of another’s footsteps caught his attention but he simply ignored it to head back home. They were there at the same place, same time but the moment their eyes shifted to that exact spot. He missed her the way she missed him.

When she arrived at the hilltop, she takes a moment to catch her breath. Hands pressed against her knees in order to crouch down albeit slow but she’s making process. She glances down at the ground, noticing the way the snow beneath her wasn’t exactly there. Someone was here not too long ago, she remembers. He’s the only one who usually visits now. Hayoung was too late now, it was obvious by how she didn’t see anyone near by and the sudden tears paint her cheeks out of defeat. There was a reason to why she was here again, to come back home. Home was nothing more but the comfort and warmth of being in Chanyeol’s arms and present. “I love you too.” It's what she should have said instead of staying back in the states with a male who she remained nothing more but a friend. Jongin knew, he knew the moment she introduced him to Chanyeol. Her words came out rather softly, whispering them underneath her breath before she turns back to head back home. Finding no reason to stay any longer.

Maybe one day, they'll meet. 

They can rekindle all that was left behind on accident.

She was nothing more but a memory now. He was nothing more but a memory as well.
And yet throughout the bitterness at the taste of their names slipping out of their minds.

Chanyeol still loved Hayoung the way she loved him.