: chapter oo1

- flower entertainment's new girl group - ( amaryllis ) - story start -
chapter oo1
july 19, 2014

The car containing six girls, a manager and a driver finally came to a stop outside a building.

"Well, here we are," their manager said. They had literally only met Manager Cha this morning. According to the CEO, they were meant to be introduced earlier but a few issues came up and they met on the morning of the first official schedule instead.

"So, are we gonna cha-cha-cha out, Manager Cha?" Bubbles asked. It was only then that Kyura realised she still forgot to ask for her members names. Heck, she didn't think anyone knew anyone else yet. They were each too busy training. 

Still, the girls all laughed at Bubbles' little pun like they were used to it already. 

Manager Cha sighed. He cleared his throat, almost as if to cover up that sigh. "I guess so. By the looks of the awkward atmosphere, I'd take it that you six don't know each other yet, right? Well, you can introduce yourselves to each other after the recording then... I guess." 

The girls shrugged in reply and followed their new manager into the building and down an elevator. All the way to the 3rd floor basement.

They entered the basement and were immediately awestruck at the amount of staff there. Each girl bowed politely to everyone and were ushered over to the waiting room where they saw two chubby men.

"Eh? Are you guys the new girl group?" Hyungdon asked as soon as they walked in.

"Yes," a girl replied.

"Wahhh. Hyung, they look so fresh," he turned to Defconn and then back to the girls. "How young is the maknae, just so we know?"

"No idea," Bubbles said. 

"Ehhh? What do you mean? Do you girls even know each other?" Defconn was astounded.

Girl #1 answered. "Not exactly. We were told that we'd be a group a few weeks ago but from then to now, we were only practising by ourselves. We'll be debuting soon after this episode is aired."

"Definitely the leader," Hyungdon commented. "Anyways, we'll start the recording now. Maybe we should do the profiles before anything else today." 

"When the red light is beeping on a camera, it means its on, okay girls?"

And so the recording began. A whole corner of the basement went into chaos as the girls scrambled to prepare themselves.. Doni and Coni began to start the show.

"Now, viewers, we have a first on Weekly Idol," Doni said. 

"That's right," Coni agreed.

"There's a group that'll be guesting on here before they even debut."

"Please welcome... Amaryllis!" 

The six girls took that as their cue to step forward into the area with the white background. They took their place on the right of the screen, just as they had seen in many other episodes.

"There's another first as well. Before anything else, we'll be showing their profiles for the viewers to get to know them as the show progresses," Doni nodded his head to the staff, signalling for them to bring forth the chairs and the prepared sheets of profiles.

Settling down in their respective seats, the girls looked expectantly at the MCs. 

"First up we've got..." Everyone looked on as the first sheet was taken away by Doni, revealing the image of a girl with writing next to it.

"Heo Jiyoon. The leader, vocalist, dancer and rapper," Coni finished and began to read the profile. "Born on the 26th of September, 1994? It says you're the oldest of the group. You're still young. What's this? You're ambidexterous?" 

The other five girls looked at their newly realised leader in awe.

"Yes. But not naturally. I taught myself," Jiyoon replied.

"Ahh. Not that interesting anymore," Doni said abruptly, causing little fits of laughter to emerge from the members. He scanned the profile and came across something. "Hyung. Look at this. 'Unknown height and weight'." 

Now, louder laughters escaped the girls. "We'll compare with the tallest member after the profiles are all shown." Jiyoon unconsciously let a small glare escape her eyes and Doni flinched a bit too exaggeratedly. "Oh, you scared me. I'll make a note that Jiyoon has a strong aura." 

The girls laughed lightly but timidly, as if afraid of the leader they were yet to familiarise themselves with.

Coni swept off the sheet with Jiyoon on it and they all watched expectantly as a different face appeared.

"She looks bright. Unlike someone," Doni cleared his throat, obviously hinting that he was talking about Jiyoon. "Kim Kyura. Oh? You're the maknae? From the photo you look like you're delivering bread."

Kyura spoke up. "I really don't know when that was taken." 

Coni snorted and looked at the profile. "You have dimples? That's cute. Lots of men like dimples. They're attractive. I like them, too."

Doni looked at him weirdly. "Look at her birthdate and then think about what you just said."

"26th December... 1998." He looked apologetically at the maknae. "Oops. Sorry." 

"Yah!" Jiyoon spoke clearly. "Don't harass our maknae!"

"There's the strong aura again," Coni said. He scanned Kyura's profile. "Oh? Ambidexterous as well? Natural this time, or fake like Jiyoon?" 

"NATURAL!" Kyura grinned. "I feel special," she said innocently and bluntly, making all the staff burst out in laughter at her shameles pride. 

"Athletic, too? Makes sense since it says you're the main dancer, lead vocalist and rapper." 

"Ok, next one." Doni smiled at the four remaining girls who were looking at each other curiously. They were learning new things about each other at this very moment. 

As soon as the face popped up, a girl asked loud and clear, "Is that me? What on earth am I wearing?" 

"Clothes?" Kyura suggested.

Coni read out the first two sentences. "Heo Seyoon. The leader's younger sister."

"Wow, really? Doni was amazed. "Cool. Since you girls are siblings, do you ever fight?"

"Obviously," Jiyoon sighed. "She's annoying."

"No I'm not. I'm completely normal."

"Anyway, you're born on the 2nd of December, 1997? Wow. Do you ever feel a bit of a generation gap between you and your sister?" 

At the same time that Jiyoon said '3 years, that's hardly anything," Seyoon simply said. "Yes." 

Doni and Coni burst out laughing. "Ahh... That's how it is. Your profile says you're left handed. What's with this group? No-one uses just the right hand anymore nowadays?" 

"We're special," Kyura piped up.

"What's wrong with you Heo siblings? Again, 'unknown height and weight'. Is that on purpose?" 

All of the girls began to laugh while the two girls tried to explain themselves. "I honestly have no idea, but maybe its because we never told them..." Seyoon trailed off.

"On to the next member. These profiles are gonna take up half the show," Doni sighed as he pulled off yet another sheet, revealing the fourth member. 

"Definitely a fashionista," Coni commented almost immediately.

"Yah!" Someone called out. "I am NOT a fashionista!" 

"Lee Seul. Is that your full name? Wow. 167cm and you weigh 48kg. Born on the 15th of December, 1994. Wahh, say hi to your friend," Doni demanded. 

Seul looked at Jiyoon and grinned. "Looks like we're friends." 

"So you're the one in charge of rapping? Main rapper, dancer, vocalist," Doni asked and then read out the statement he was referring to.

"Looks like it," she smiled again.

"Yah! Stop smiling! You're creeping me out!" Doni exclaimed. 

Coni poked Doni. "Eh, look at this. She was a cameo in Dream High 2. Her group members should start calling her sunbae." 

"Yep," Seul said, without realising she was agreeing to the WHOLE sentence.

"So we have to call you sunbae, now?" Bubbles asked.

Doni looked at Bubbles. "Who are you?" 

"A legend," she grinned cheekily. 

The two MCs looked at each other before Doni said. "I like that girl already. We need to find her profile." And he just got rid of Seul's profile. 

"Yah!" Seul exclaimed but he just ignored her good naturedly. 

"Wow! y!" Doni immediately yelled. 

"Check her age first. Remember? Someone born in 94 was the oldest!" Coni nudged and reminded him.

"Jung Seokhee. Born on the 14th of February, 1995." 

"So... you're born a year after Jiyoon and Seul, but your birthdays aren't that far apart? And it's on Valentine's Day!" 

"Looks like it," Seul smiled. "You still better call me unnie, though," she gave a fake threaten and then continued smiling. 

Doni flinched. "See, hyung? She's smiling so creepily! The 94-line is seriously scary."

Coni patted Doni and then looked back at the profile. "Lead vocalist, lead dancer and rapper. 169cm and 52kg. You already have a drivers license? Do the two unnies have one yet?" 

"Sadly not," both 94-line girls said, shaking their heads.

Doni looked at Coni. "Look. Seokhee's not even saying a word! I think she's preparing a spell to rip out my insides or something. These girls are seriously scary." 

Seokhee didn't even bat an eyelash. "I don't like talking," she said softly.

"Then off to the last one! Already my favourite member!" Doni declared and looked at the last girl. Kyura watched extra closely so she could finally have a name to call her unnie instead of 'Bubbles'.

"Kim Rika. She looks playful. Haha, look. She's got a shopping cart. Maybe she and Kyura went shopping for bread together," Coni said, referring to an earlier profile.

"Wow, daebak. She's the same height as me but weighs so much less," Doni's mouth dropped open and everyone looked at the profile. Sure as heck, it said 173cm and 51kg. 

"Are you unhealthy? You're so light," Doni continued. "Do you want oppa to treat you to a meal to help fatten you up?" 

"Sure!" Rika grinned. "I'd like that!" 

"Omo... Another one... She's also left-handed," Coni sighed and shook his head. "Soon enough, left-handers are gonna take over the world, aren't they."

"Yes they are! I'll be the ruler!" Rika joked. 

"It says your ideal type is Gaston from Beauty and the Beast..." Coni trailed off. "Not sure what to think about that..." Everyone burst out in laughter.

Doni turned to Rika. Obviously showing favouritism, he said to her. "Do you have any special facts you'd like to share with us? Any at all?" 

Rika said, "There is one thing... My friends from school are always telling me I'm the moodmaker since I'm friendly. But they said I'm not funny. I made a pun on the way here earlier and no-one really laughed."

"What was the pun?"

"Our manager's surname is 'Cha' and he told us to get out of the car, so I asked if we were meant to 'cha-cha-cha' out. It was awkward." 

Everyone laughed really loudly. Rika turned to her new group members. "I hope we get closer soon and you guys can all laugh at my jokes."

Coni shook his head. "What a girl group..." 

The rest of the Weekly Idol filming went by in a blur. Eventually, it ended and the girls, excited to know one another's names, exited the basement in good spirits and talked about how they would watch their first appearance together when the episode was aired.

For the first time ever, the six girls felt glad that they were a team and each member was looking forward to getting to know the other.

 
author note

So... I changed my character's personality and persona a bit since there were a bit too many cute people. 

I'm sorry to the people that didn't get chosen. :( But on the plus side, the characters are finally revealed! Some people's back-up positions are used but I hope you don't mind that... 

Bye for now!