And The Twins Meet (Twice)

My Sweet Secrets (My Sweet Pumpkin)

12:30

I have exactly half an hour to prepare and find the place. Today is the day that I meet Fine, my online best friend and twin (in a way). Although I've been to Korea multiple times, I have no idea where that Charlie Brown Cafe is. I have heard of it but I have never been there. There are a lot of cafes in Korea; I should probably ask Leeteuk or the others before I leave.

I grabbed my bag lying on my bed then took one last glance at the mirror. I fixed my beanie and hair and checked my things. Seeing that I have everything that I will be needing, I left the room and proceeded to the dining area. 

 

A few members were there having lunch, Leeteuk, Shindong, Sungmin, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook; the others were either outside or in the living room watching TV while eating.

"Oh, Yumin. Good morning!" my brother greeted. He was munching on a piece of toast as he browse on his phone. "You going somewhere?"

"Yep" I nodded then took the toast he was about to eat. "Thanks. I'm going to the Charlie Brown cafe. Oppa, you do you know where that is? The one in Hongdae."

"Hmm Charlie Brown... Charlie Brown..." He thought for a while then snapped his fingers. "Is that the cartoon one?"

I nodded.

"Nope, I don't know. Ask Sungmin or Kyuhyun. I think they go there."

"What?" The two spoke in unison, lifting their heads up at the same time too.

"The Brown cafe... you go there, right?"

"Charlie Brown." I corrected.

They nodded. "I can drive you there if you want." Sungmin offered.

I shook my head. I can't afford to have a nervous breakdown. "N-no, t-thank you. I just" I replied, "need to know where it is."

"Hongdae Park. It's in Hongdae Park."

"Oh." I want to hit my head because of my stupidity. I always go there. Why did I not see that before? "I remember. Thanks Sungmin sshi." I bowed down.

I heard him giggle. "It's okay. You're too formal, just call me oppa."

I nodded, hoping my cheeks aren't red. "Uh, bye. I need to go now." I bowed again then left in a flash before my whole face heats up. I heard my brother saying 'good bye' before I left the dorm.

 

It took me about ten minutes to get there and another five to look for the place. In short: I was not late. Five minutes later, I still kept on checking my phone as I wait. I have already expected one of us to be late (it was another thing we have in common) but still, I don't like waiting alone. Realizing that she might take longer, I took my laptop out and typed a new post for my blog.

 

New entry: Korea Trip, Fall 2011: First Day

 

I looked around then back at the screen. I sighed. "Here we go again."

 

Yesterday, I took a flight back to Seoul for another vacation at my home country. I arrived here at around two in the afternoon and stayed at my hotel for a while before going around. First stop was SMent building! I had some passes so I was able to go to the artists' areas. Super Junior didn't have any practices that time but I was able to see Leeteuk and Sungmin. I was going to interview them but they were in a hurry (aw). But I'll definitely try again! Taking pictures were prohibited so I don't have much pictures yet.

I spent the rest of the day sleeping (ㅋㅋㅋ) yesterday but today, I'll be visiting Hongdae and go cafe-hopping and to other interesting places so stay tuned!

Do you have any suggestions to where I can go to here in my trip? Comment them!

 

I did some editing then posted it. "Lies" I murmured, chuckling a little. Another one, Yumin. Another one.

I shook my head as I reread my post. It has become a habit to make these posts fiction. Writing is hard, very hard but what's ironic about it is that, I like it very much. Although it sometimes puts my life in danger, I don't really care.

 

"Hey."

I almost jumped in shock. I looked up and saw a girl in front of me. She looks familiar, so familiar it's kind of weird.

"Fine?" I asked, closing my laptop. 

She nodded as she sat on the chair opposite mine. That's when I got a better look at her. 

"Wait you're--"

"Minchan?!"

"Yumin?!"

I laughed. "This is... weird."

"Tell me about it." She giggled.

After a few minutes of silence, she spoke again.

"So," she said, "have you ordered something yet?"

I shook my head. "No. I was waiting for you."

"Am I that late?" She frantically scanned her bag to get her phone. "Oh my, I am late!"

It was already two o'clock when she got here but even I didn't notice the time anymore because I was too busy writing.

"I'm so sorry!" She said, bowing down. "I did some errands for Kyuhyun first and I--"

"It's okay. I somehow knew already that one of us is going to be late."

We both laughed. During one of chats before, we found out that being late during meetins with friends is something we have in common. School and meetings regarding work are no problem--we're both always early for those--but if it's hanging out with friends, that's when we're both almost always late.

She sighed. "I'll just order for us to make it up for being late. What do you want?" She smiled a grin similar to her brother's. How cute.

"Anything green tea and cheesecake would be good." 

"Got it!" Then she left for the counter.

 

I put my things back in my bag and took out my camera instead then I started taking pictures of the place for my blog. It was a small but cute cafe. There were Peanuts characters everywhere--plush toys, figures, etc. It's nice and peaceful here.

"Didn't know you were a photographer." Minchan said. She had a tray of food on her hands and a smile on her face.

"More of a blogger, actually. But in a way, yes."

She sat down and handed my the food and drink.

"Thanks!" I beamed. "How much?"

"Nah, my treat."

"No, it's okay."

"My treat because I'm late. You pay if you're late, remember?"

I recalled our agreement then laughed. "Okay. Next time, I'll be late."

She chuckled. "No, you're up earlier." She sticked her tongue out. "It's like only eight and you're already awake."

I unconciously scrunched my eyebrows. "How did you know?"

"We're roommates" she replied matter-of-factly. She took a sip of her drink. "You went to the kitchen, am I right?"

"Okay, I'm gonna ask again: how did you know?"

She laughed. "I heard some racket from the kitchen."

My eyes widen as I recall the scene this morning. It wasn't a very fun morning.

 

 


Since I did quite some changes on the plot, I decided to also change the title to make it more appropriate. Is the new title okay? Tell me please!