Nightmare

Appa and Coffee Hyung: The Side-Stories

Word count: 822
Note: A direct continuation from 7th chapter, Happy. Inspired by
this post and also somewhat combined with their K-MILK campaign video. Literally written in a lightning-speed. This is the fastest I’ve ever been in writing a story. Therefore... another pointless chapter for you all. (Even the one I wrote for months is pointless, so what do you expect? LMAO.) Byeom!

———

“Movies?” Taekwoon suggested to his boyfriend while surfing through the channel on the TV he got on his room once they’re both settled cozily under Taekwoon’s soft, golden-coloured comforter.

Having just enjoying a 40 minutes walk in the cool-almost-chilly breeze of autumn night from Hakyeon’s coffee shop to Taekwoon’s apartment (which should’ve took them 25 minutes shorter if they didn’t keep kissing and hugging and teasing each other here and there along the way), both adults finally stepped into the warm living room of Jung Family’s apartment at almost 10PM. After Hyeri — a high school girl who would occasionally babysit the two little boys and who was also Taekwoon’s neighbour — excused herself because it was almost her curfew, the two adults deemed that a quick shower and cuddles on Taekwoon’s super-sized bed would be the best option for them.

“What movie?” Hakyeon lazily asked, slight drowsiness was already apparent in his voice. He changed his position and snuggled his face on the crook of his boyfriend’s neck, which was responded by an arm wrapping on his waist. “Don’t tell me you’re going to watch Silence of the Lambs again.” He muffledly said, “Because if you do, then I’m going to sleep for real.”

Taekwoon laughed. Hakyeon was never fond of Taekwoon’s fondness over horror and thriller movie, and Taekwoon always made sure to use that ‘weakness’ of Hakyeon to tease that slightly older boyfriend of his. But it seemed like that wasn’t the case for him tonight.

“You can pick the movie then.” He answered while lovingly the older’s head. “Or do you want to sleep instead?”

“Nope.” The older of the two quickly detached himself from the other’s embrace and jumped off the bed to stand in front of Taekwoon’s wall-planted shelves before taking out one of the DVD stacked in it. “Let’s watch this.”

“Again?” Taekwoon chuckled, amused by the other’s choice of movie, “Love Actually again? Haven’t you watched those a thousand times already?”

Hakyeon plopped back to his original position in the younger’s embrace after putting in the DVD into the player, “Yep. You said I can pick what we’re going to watch so we’re going to watch this. Honestly, who can resist Hugh Grant? Surely not me.” He shrugged and leaned his head on Taekwoon’s shoulder, eyes focused directly towards the TV in front of him. Taekwoon chuckled again, but still complied to what his lover wanted. Though most of the time he paid more attention to the figure beside him than towards the movie itself.

Half-way into the movie, Taekwoon noticed the slight crack opened on his bedroom’s door and a little, slightly trembling voice calling him.

“Appa…”

Both of adults immediately focused their attention towards the little boy wrapped in his Sasuke blanket, standing in front of the door. But before Taekwoon could even get off the bed, his boyfriend had already launched himself to kneel in front of the little boy.

“Sanghyuk-ah,” Hakyeon called, while patting the maknae’s head softly. “What happened? Do you have a nightmare?”

“Hyung!” Little Sanghyuk replied, with a slightly cheerier tone, and immediately encased the adult in front of him in a hug. “I have a nightmare…” The boy started, head nuzzling into his Coffee Hyung’s shirt, “There’s a monster… I don’t want to get eaten…”

Hakyeon chuckled at the story, but his palms was rubbing a soothing assurance across the maknae’s back. “That’s okay, my dear. It’s only a nightmare.”

The 4 years-old boy only nodded but he didn’t say anything, so Hakyeon lift the said boy into his embrace and transferred him into the bed to sit with his father. “Hyukkie stays here with appa, okay? I’m going to warm some milk for you so you can go back to sleep.” The little boy nodded again and immediately hugged his father, who only smiled and hugged him back.

Several minutes later, Hakyeon was back with a glass of warm milk for the maknae, which was drank by the said boy so eagerly. Both adults then only laughed at the adorable antics of the little boy. Taekwoon then placed a pillow in the middle between his and Hakyeon’s and patted the said pillow while talking towards his youngest son, “Sanghyuk-ah, now go back to sleep, okay?”

“But I’m afraid…” Sanghyuk replied, hands gripping strongly on the hem of Hakyeon’s shirt. Hakyeon smiled at little Sanghyuk and hugged him.

“Don’t be afraid, the nightmares won’t comeback. I promise.” He said, and it seemed like it’s working, since the little boy finally laid his head on the pillow.

His father then ruffled his hair and kissed his forehead to give the little boy another assurance, “Besides, we’ll be here beside you throughout the night, so don’t be afraid, okay? Good night, Sanghyuk-ah.” Sanghyuk then nodded one last time before falling back to sleep,

“Good night, hyung, good night, appa.”

———

I was actually have something different in my mind, which I already wrote down (TWO CHAPTERS!) but somehow I lost my will to finish those, and my brain made this chapter up instead, when I see that post popped up in my dashboard. Oh well. I will still try to finish those other chapters though.