Mr. Sunshine

Appa and Coffee Hyung: The Side-Stories
  • Word count: 719
  • Note: This one is a bit rushed and pointless but I just feel the need to post it because I want to make some kind of appreciation of Kong's way of fanboying over PHS. :D

———

Hakyeon and Taekwoon was currently in Taekwoon’s car, on their way to the airport to pick up Hongbin, Sanghyuk, and Taekwoon’s parents after their trip to Jeju-do to visit Eunji. Neither of them talked and they were wrapped in complete silence (although not an uncomfortable one), since Taekwoon was focusing his attention towards the road and Hakyeon found some sort of weird enjoyment in observing the other while he was concentrating on something.

“Do you like looking at me that much?” Taekwoon asked his slightly older boyfriend amusedly once they stopped on a red light.

Hakyeon was taken aback by the question, he really thought that he was being subtle with his observation, but apparently not. “I don't. And I wasn't.” He replied shortly while shifting his gaze towards the window, face decorated with a shade of pink blush.

“Are you really?” Taekwoon asked again, knowing full well that by then the older was embarrassed, judging from his reaction, and he looked just so freaking cute to Taekwoon’s eyes.

“Yes I am.” Hakyeon insisted, and in order to distract himself he randomly opened the boot of the car and found several CD cases in it. Three out of five of the CD cases were Park Hyoshin’s albums. Hakyeon took one of the album titled Gift Part 1: After Love. “You listen to Park Hyoshin?” He asked the younger, genuinely curious. 

“I do.” The father nodded, eyes now back on the road after the light turned green. “He’s a really good singer. Although I must say that I bought those albums because of Hongbin.” He chuckled.

“Did you really?” Hakyeon asked again, half in disbelief, half fascinated. A 6-years-old listening to Park Hyoshin? That’s new. A 6-years-old was supposed to obsessed over cartoons, or games, or anything that was targeted for a child, not something like Park Hyoshin. Hakyeon chuckled at the prospect.

Taekwoon nodded. “During last year’s Christmas, the boys and I didn’t go anywhere so we just stayed home, eating food and watching TV.” The young father chuckled while replaying the event in his head before continuing, “Then there was this one hour Christmas special show aired that night, it was featuring solo singers like Park Hyoshin and K.Will and Wheesung and somehow Hongbin got hooked with Park Hyoshin after watching that. I’m not even sure why. Or how.”

“So he just suddenly asked you to buy these?” Hakyeon pointed at the CD cases, still fascinated with this newly-found fact of one of his favourite boy.

“Yep.” He laughed, "You know how Hongbinnie loves to give people nicknames to his liking?" The older chuckled and nodded at the question. After all he's now a 'Coffee Hyung' thanks to Hongbin. "You would be amused by the nickname he gave to Park Hyoshin." Taekwoon said again.

"Really? What is it?"

"You'll see."

———

"Mr. Sunshine..."

Hongbin muttered the word repeatedly with eyes stared fixedly towards the wide-screen TV which currently showing Park Hyoshin's music video, Wild Flower. Hakyeon, who was watching how the 6-years-old behaviour now trying his best not to laughed, so he opted to go to Taekwoon who was currently busy in the kitchen.

"Mr. Sunshine?" He crossed his arms and leaned on the kitchen counter. "Really now? You allowed Hongbin to call his idol as Mr. Sunshine?" He laughed.

Taekwoon stirred the stew he's currently cooking and grinned, "I told you that you'll be amused."

"That kid is really something." Hakyeon chuckled, "It's not everyday that you would meet a 6-years-old fanboying over a heavily-voiced ballad prince."

"Well." The father grinned again. Not long after, the said boy whom the adults were talking about bolted into the room they were currently in.

"Apppppaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

"Yes?!" Taekwoon responded, a bit startled.

"I wanna be a singer! I can be a singer, right appa? Right? Right?" Hongbin asked his father expectantly.

"Wait, what?" The father was in shock, "You wanna be a singer?"

The boy nodded giddily, "Yes! Like Mr. Sunshine!"

"U—uh... I guess you can, Binnie-ah. Whatever you wanted."

"Yay! When I grow up I will become a singer and meet Mr. Sunshine!" Hongbin exclaimed excitedly, running outside the kitchen and left his father dumbfounded by his sudden aspiration. Hakyeon snickered.

"Well, well... Seems like you're going to have a singer as a son soon, Woon-ah."

And Taekwoon could only facepalmed.

———

You are welcomed to make any suggestion or ideas for drabbles/oneshots as long as it's can be fitted into this AU. Simply comment below or message me to give me a suggestion. :)