Fight

Appa and Coffee Hyung: The Side-Stories

Word count: 782
Note: Because kid!HyukBin as brothers is adorable, and no one’s gonna argue with that.

--- --- ---

Taekwoon peeked into his boys’ shared bedroom and frowned when he found Hongbin and Sanghyuk sat on the floor with a pout on their face, hands crossed in front of their chest, and back facing each other. There’s a silence wrapping the entire room and in that instance Taekwoon knew that the boys were fighting. Though he wasn’t sure why.

‘What happened?’ He wondered.

If he wasn’t mistaken, about an hour ago the two boys said that they’re going to tidy up their bedroom. So Taekwoon let them do it even though he was sure that they’d just make more mess than they’re going to tidy it up. Still, he just nodded when they specifically requested for him not to help them with anything, knowing full well why they wanted to do it all by themselves; Hakyeon was going to have a sleepover at their apartment tonight and the boys wanted to impress their Coffee hyung. Besides, he was already too exhausted to do anything anyway, having just got back home from working all day long in the office. But after noticing that there were no longer excited talking coming from the boys room, he decided to check on them and it resulting in him finding the two boys in their current state.

“Boys? Did something happen?” The father finally asked when he stepped into the room.

Seeing his father coming in, Sanghyuk snapped his head towards the adult and immediately tears were swelling up in his eyes. He instantly bolted to Taekwoon and the father responded by holding him up to his arms.

“Sanghyuk-ah, why are you crying?” Taekwoon asked his maknae softly, but the said boy didn’t give him any answer. The 4-years-old maknae only hugged him and hide his face on his father’s neck, sobbing. He then heard muffled mumbles in between the sobs coming from his maknae which he caught as, ‘Hongbin hyung is a meanie.’  So Taekwoon shifted his gaze towards the other boy who still sat on the floor, a pout still in his face and he’s stubbornly holding his silence. Although judging from his expression, he could also break anytime soon.

“Hongbin-ah…” Taekwoon scooted closer to his oldest son and kneeled, Sanghyuk still sobbing in his embrace. “Do you want to tell me what happened?”

“I…” The boy started, “I want Coffee hyung to sleep in my bed…” He finally said with a low voice, clearly trying his best not to cry.

Hearing the answer, Taekwoon nodded understandingly, although he still tried to pry a little bit more from the 6-years-old. “And?”

“Hyukkie said…” First sob escaped from the little boy’s mouth, “But Hyukkie insisted that Coffee hyung will sleep with him instead of me so I yelled at him and hit his hand.” Now he really was crying. “I’m sorry… Appa, I didn’t mean it, I’m sorry…” The boy then also hugged his father and sobbed to the adult’s shoulder.

Taekwoon chuckled. 'Little kids' quarrel are so adorable.' He thought. So he caress both of the boys’ head and smiled. “Hongbin-ah, I’ve told you that you shouldn’t use any violence towards anyone, especially your brother, right?” The 6-years-old nodded. “Do you know what you did was wrong?” Another nod. “So now what do you have to do?” Hongbin released his hug from his father and stood in front of him with his head hung down.

“I should apologize…” He muttered.

The father smiled and patted the boy’s head, “Good boy.” He then shifted his attention towards the boy who was still in his embrace, the maknae. “You heard that, Sanghyukkie? Hongbin hyung wasn’t purposely being mean to you. He said he didn’t mean it, and he wanted to apologize. Do you forgive him?”

Sanghyuk held his silence for a moment before finally nodded, though he still hide his face on his father’s neck. Taekwoon chuckled. “You should hug him if you forgive him. Remember the rule?” Taekwoon asked the little boy again, reminding him about the rule he made in case the boys was fighting; they should hug once they forgave each other. Sanghyuk nodded again, and this time he also released his hug from his father and quietly facing his older brother.

“Hyukkie…” Hongbin called, “Hyung is sorry, okay?”

The maknae slowly reached his brother and encasing the other in a hug. He then suddenly giggled, “Hyung don’t cry… I forgive hyung!” And it successfully made the older boy to smile.

Taekwoon smiled again and patted the hugging boys’ head, “Now that’s more like it. Appa’s boys shouldn’t fight.” He grinned. “Now, how about we prepare dinner before Hakyeon hyung comes?”

“Yes! Let’s go!” The two boys answered excitedly, marching into the kitchen to wait for their favourite hyung to arrive.