Chapter 6

We Are The Lucky Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Six;

 

Taemin blankly stared at the ceiling, trying to figure out when he got home last night but as he tried to use his brain, he was stopped by a massive headache. He scolded himself for carelessly drinking so much wine when he knew he was a lightweight and could only hope he hadn't made a scene in the party. Worse and worse scenarios flashed before his eyes and he wasn't really sure if they were true memories or just his imagination played with him. He had quite a weird dream, that was the cause he was already awake.

 

The boy closed his eyes then opened again, annoyed and grumpy because he failed searching for a concrete memory. The last thing he remembered was when he watched Minho leave the party with an upset expression written all over his face, followed by Tiffany probably tried to talk his best friend down to leave. Taemin snorted, the man had nothing to be upset about. The boy just had enough of beating around the bush and Minho being an with him.

 

And still, even if the model made him feel sad, betrayed, disappointed, it was still him.

 

It was always Minho.

 

He kept the boy's mind occupied all the time since they had met again. He couldn't close his eyes without seeing his ex-boyfriend smiling face, lovingly staring at him like in the beginning of their relationship and it just annoyed the hell out of Taemin. He really tried to close him out but nothing worked. Even it worsened as they met again and again. He tried to get rid of this vision by thinking of Jongin every time instead of Minho but it didn't help. When he imagined Jongin smiling, he unconsciously started to compare Minho's and his boyfriend's smile and somehow Minho was always the winner.

 

"I'm hopeless." Taemin stated to himself, sighing lightly. He tossed and turned to find a comfortable position to go back sleeping because he really needed one, he closed his eyes but they shot open because of the disbelief he felt.

 

This time, behind his closed eyes, Minho wasn't smiling, he wasn't staring at him lovingly. Taemin saw him staring at him wide eyes full of surprise while he was so close like they were kissing.

 

No, it couldn't be. It was impossible, right?

 

A sudden wave of tiredness washed over him. He wanted to go back to sleep, not wanting to think about what just came to his mind, he turned to his side. He pretended like the scene he'd just seen was made up by his mind because even though he was drunk that time, he liked to think he had the self-control to stop himself or Minho from kissing. Also, there was Jongin beside him.

 

Wait.

 

Jongin wasn't beside him all night, he'd gone to talk with his old classmate. Taemin looked around their room and he didn't find him. Hell, he wasn't even there now. Where could he be? Wasn't he the one who brought Taemin home?

 

It was very unlike of his boyfriend to disappear without leaving a message or a call. He was always very precise with these kind of things because the last thing he liked to see Taemin worried. Jongin always said Taemin must be happy all the time because that was what he deserved. Taemin always laughed it off with saying "You're saying nonsense!" and hit him playfully. Jongin took care of him like no one else- including Minho before the cheating- and Taemin decided that it was his turn to be worried for Jongin.

 

He gathered all of his inner strength to kick down his blanket and stand up. He felt a bit dizzy and he could swear he looked like but he was determined so he tried not to care about them. He looked down at his attire and was surprised that he was in his pyjamas.

 

Taemin went out of his bedroom to search around for his boyfriend but as he looked around he hadn't found a sign that Jongin would be at home. There was no sight of his shoes or his suit. It was beyond weird from him. He walked into the kitchen to check there, too and he really did find something. A jacket- but it wasn't Jongin's. Taemin didn't have a clue whose could it be but slowly it sank into him that this jacket was that person's who'd brought him home.

 

Senselessly, Taemin reached into the pocket of the jacket, too curious to be stopped by propriety with the hope he was about to find something that was going to make him discover the mysterious person's identity. He was surprised how it seemed like lady luck was by his side and he found a wallet in one of the pockets.

 

His curiosity won over his common sense and looked inside of the wallet to get to know who brought him home. He had to thank them later also give them back the jacket and the wallet. He opened the fancy, black leather wallet but as he met the picture inside it, he dropped it.

 

Minho was the one who got him home.

 

Fighting down his sudden surprise, he bent down to pick up the wallet. He took out the photo to look at it better and he cursed himself for wearing that stupid smile on his face as he stared down at the photograph. It was an old and torn picture of Minho and him. The one from the beginning of their relationship, the one Minho used to carry around always and so did he now. Taemin hadn't had a clue why did this make him so happy but it filled him with such a warm feeling.

 

Since he'd walked into their old apartment, he thought that Minho threw everything away which remembered him to Taemin. But there it was, something more intimate to keep the thought of Taemin close to him. Minho looked at it day by day, every time he opened his wallet and secretly, it made the boy pleased. He knew he shouldn't be so happy for it because he still had a boyfriend and closed up all his feeling for his ex-boyfriend.

 

"You're so stupid." Taemin whispered to himself while caressing the old photo. Out of the blue, a feeling filled him that made him regret finding this picture. He bit into his lips. He shouldn't feel like this. He should be hating on Minho for what he had done to him but things like this made it difficult to do it. "So, so stupid."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter