Chapter 3

We Are The Lucky Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three;

 

"Taemin!" A shout was heard near where Taemin and Minho stood. The model couldn't see anything but a black haired girl dressed in pink - but, oh he had good guesses who she was - flew to the boy to hug him. That made the purple haired boy almost lose his balance, and his face turned from a blank expression into a brightly smiling one.

 

"Tiffany?" Taemin asked, still unable to believe his eyes. It had been a long time since he had last seen her - but the only thing that changed was that her hair got longer. He hesitantly embraced her back in a loose way. He thought Tiffany would hate him - they were friends when he and Minho were together, but they hadn’t talked since they broke up. The girl looked up at him with her infamous smile and tightened her grip around the boy. Taemin was suffocating from the hug.

 

"Stop molesting him!" Minho decided to ruin the big reunion and dragged Tiffany away from the poor boy. He stared at her with a suspicious gaze. "What are you doing here?"

 

"I came to check if Minho ed everything up or not. But seemingly, everything is fine." She checked both of them from head to toe - but she did notice the awkward tension between the two males. "Well, at least, no one is crying and no one is bleeding."

 

"But you never come to see me!" Minho complained like a child, and Taemin stared at him like he had gone crazy. The model usually acted all cool and everything. The boy thought that this side of him died out.

 

"Because I see your dumb face in daily dose. And, I was curious about Taemin!" Tiffany happily chirped and the boy sighed, because he was in the middle of the attention again. He liked watching the two bickering with each other - it filled him with nostalgia.

 

"Me?" He pointed at himself.

 

"Yes! You became such a fine man!" Tiffany literally beamed and Taemin had to - or at least he tried to - stop himself from turning red. She even winked at him, which made Minho want to puke right there since it was so cheesy. "Would you like to go out with me?"

 

"Sorry, I have a boyfriend." Taemin giggled as he said. The word 'boyfriend' caught Minho's and Tiffany's attention right away. The model didn't know what he expected from someone as good looking as Taemin. He was also good looking but refused to date after their break up. But it was a personal choice after all.

 

"Boyfriend?" She asked back with interest. The model would've too but they weren't so close to ask things like this. But he was dying of curiosity, that was sure. Of course, he wanted to act like he didn't care about it, but his eyes betrayed him.

 

"Yeah. His name is Jongin. He's- he's great." Taemin smiled ear to ear, but Tiffany caught that glance at Minho which was meant to be a secret, just to check his reaction. But the man's face didn't change at all. He was troubled inside. He knew he didn't have the right. He knew he shouldn't, but he hated this guy so much for just being able to be close to the boy. He had to remind himself that he was able to in the past, but decided to throw everything away. He was such an idiot. "We’ve been together for a year, now."

 

"Then, let me invite you and Jongin to my party next week." Tiffany used her best sophisticated tone and handed Taemin a little envelope. The boy took it gratefully, but he didn’t have time to thank Tiffany for the invitation because the girl gasped as she looked at her watch. "Oh my god! I'm running late! I hope you'll come. Bye!"

 

And she literally disappeared, but not before she lightly hugged the boy. She always made Taemin smile somehow, even in his gloomiest moods. It was the atmosphere she held.

 

 

"Don't bother coming, really. It's a fancy party full of snobs." Minho said simply, staring at the little envelope. Then he looked up at the boy. "And there'll be a tons of people. I know you don't like big parties."

 

"Then, why are you going?" The last thing Taemin wanted to get involved in was a talk with Minho, but since this talk looked innocent enough, he though he’d give a try. In the end, they had talk some if they needed to work together.

 

"She makes me." The man sighed, a small smile playing on his lips. "Since she broke up with her boyfriend, I always accompany her."

 

Taemin hummed in response. It was something he missed a lot - talking with Minho was easy. Almost natural. He didn't feel the need to push words into the silences. They communicated well without words, too. Sometimes he wished it was the same case with Jongin, as well. They got along fine and Taemin loved him to death, but somehow what he had with Minho was something else. Something deeper, more meaningful - or, at least it was for him. He wasn't so sure about Minho, anymore.

 

"She's so nice. I thought she'd hate me." Taemin smiled to himself, earning a questioning look from the other. He explained further. "Since you two are best friends. Isn’t it a rule or something? Hating on the exes?"

 

"Oh, no. She likes you a lot. If anyone, she hated me for... you know." Tiffany’s advice on not talking about the past flashed in his mind but he cleared his throat and continued. "She actually didn’t speak to me until-"

 

"Until?" The boy asked when Minho stopped so suddenly, but the other didn't look like he wanted to explain it furthermore. He just walked away, muttering to himself.

 

"Never mind."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter