Chapter 4

We Are The Lucky Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four;

 

"It's the end of our work!" Yelled the photographer with a wide smile. The staff members started to applaud around the two men and gave them thumb ups. They complimented them and patted their shoulders. Taemin was smiling so much, he was so adorable to Minho. "Good job, guys! It was a pleasure working with you!"

 

Minho couldn't believe they had finished. The whole day was so awkward and suffocating, yet so enjoyable. It had been a long time since he could spend time with Taemin. It finished too soon for his liking. He didn't even know if he would see the boy again in the near future, unless he went to the party.

 

"Minho." Taemin cut his train of thoughts by calling out for him. He half-heartedly  smiled and reached out his hand for a shake. "It was good seeing you again."

 

"It was." Minho shook the other's hand, noting how tiny it was compared to his, despite that he had grown so much. If the model looked at him from head to toe, he could see a lot of changes in his ex-boyfriend's body. He got broader shoulders, longer legs and he became masculine - though, not that much. He saw a little peek of Taemin's abs when his shirt rode up a bit during the shoot. It was enough to make Minho curious about the rest of his body. Oh, he had to get rid of these thoughts. Back to the real life. "I hope we can see each other more."

 

"I hope so, too."

 

It didn't matter what Minho had done, he would always have a special place in Taemin's heart. He learnt the feeling of betrayal and disappointment because of him, but he was also the one who taught the boy how to love and protect himself. He gave him so much, but he took almost as much. Yet, he still couldn't bring himself to hate Minho. He had done wrong in the past, but at least he knew he had. Admitting it was half the success, after all.

 

Taemin loved Minho after all these years, but he couldn't imagine them getting together again. One, because he had a boyfriend already - he didn't know about Minho but he was sure he had someone, too. And two, he had serious trust issues since then, especially toward Minho. One thing was clear at least. His fear of betrayal kept down his feeling for Minho. And it was alright like this.

 

"Then, I'm going."  Taemin said, realizing they were still holding hands so he quickly took away his. "Goodbye."

 

"Bye."

 

 

The thing was clear, he couldn't leave the studio. Rain started pouring, but it quickly worsened. He couldn't see the other side of the street because of the rain. Also, his stomach growled loudly, since he hadn't eaten all day. A deep chuckle was heard behind the boy. Taemin turned red and slapped the other's arm in a playful manner.

 

"Don't laugh!"

 

"I can't help it. You're as adorable as ever." Minho didn't even try to hide his laughter as the boy's stomach growled again. Taemin decided to ignore the whole thing.

 

"I can't go home, I live pretty far." He complained. He was tired and hungry. All he wanted was to go home.

 

"Why doesn't your boyfriend pick you up?"

 

"I called him but he just won't pick up the phone." Taemin guessed Jongin was busy with his dance class and he didn't want to disturb him too much. "I guess I have to wait here."

 

"You know, my apartment is two blocks away. You can come over until your boyfriend picks you up." The words left his mouth before he realized it. How creepy did he sound? Oh god, Taemin was going to decline his offer with a confused gaze, the model could already tell.

 

But no, Taemin just pulled up his eyebrows in surprise.

 

"Okay."

 

It really shocked the other. How could Taemin agree so easily? He thought he would try and stay away from him as much as he could, but it was almost the opposite. Seemingly, he didn't mind being with Minho at all. "Let’s not just stand here, let's go before it gets worse!"

 

Minho bit down a smile, not wanting to look creepy. He felt brave enough to take Taemin's hand into his and run into the rainy streets. He was so careless at the moment and so high on happiness that the boy didn't try to break out from his grip but ran with him while whining about the cold raindrops falling onto his neck.

 

Of course the hand holding was just because he didn't want the boy to get lost while running.

 

 

 

"You live here?" Taemin asked in awe after they found a dry spot. He looked around amazed. Everything seemed so familiar, like he had been there before. He just couldn't recall why.

 

Minho just nodded, busy typing in his security code.

 

"This was our apartment." The realization hit the boy hard. Since he left this apartment, he hadn’t even been in the area of the city. He was desperately trying to forget everything that happened there since his last day. "You live in our apartment?"

 

"Yes. Why are you so worked up?" Minho successfully typed in the code and the door opened. He held it out for Taemin, but the boy didn't move an inch. He furrowed his eyebrows and it seemed like anger began to build up in him. The model just stood there, not understanding the sudden change in the boy's attitude.

 

"You live in our freaking apartment with Jinri?" Taemin's voice slipped higher than he had meant it to. Honestly, Jinri hadn't even crossed his mind all day, but the chance that she was still involved with Minho angered the boy. If he thought about it, he didn't hear of them breaking up.

 

"No! I'm single and I live alone." The confusion took over Minho by now. He didn't understand why did Taemin brought up Jinri and why he became so harsh because of the sight of their apartment. He thought the boy would be amazed that he kept up their apartment like old times. The only change was that all the Taemin-related things disappeared, thanks to Tiffany. "I've never brought up anyone, since I haven’t dated since we broke up."

 

"You know, you should try making a career in acting." Taemin also didn't understand what got into him. He made his mind up already that Minho would date someone. He was still young, had an excellent career and he was very good looking. But the thought of someone living in their apartment with Minho was beyond his acceptance.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because you almost made me believe that foolish, innocent act."

 

The silence deepened between them as they sent glares at each other. They stood in the entrance still, neither of them moving. The metal door was still held open but Taemin decided on being stubborn. The model had to realize that it wasn't easy forgiving for his actions. And walking into that apartment would mean tearing open the never properly healed wound, especially if he found someone else’s stuff in that apartment - in their old home. Call him overly sentimental but it was their place - their little, cosy home.

 

"I’m telling you the truth." Minho sighed, giving up on their silent war.

 

"What about Jinri, then?" Taemin felt he deserve an explanation after all that happened.

 

He didn't believe it was entirely Minho's fault. He always believed it depended on both of the partners. He knew it was because of him, too. He was the one who kept telling Minho about Jinri's approach toward him - the man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter