Chapter 2

We Are The Lucky Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two;

 

Minho watched Taemin speaking with the photographer. He was a bit nervous, but all smiles - he reminded the man of the past, when he was the one who made him smile like that - and now how he was the only one who didn't get any smiles from the other. How ironic was it?

 

"Look, Minho. You have no room to hate on me." The boy whispered lowly after the photographer appeared and asked Taemin to join her, not looking at the model at all. It made Minho shiver down in his spine because it was true. It was his own fault that their relationship didn't work out. It would've been better if he hadn’t decided to ruin everything.

 


 

Minho remembered back to those days. He had just started working as a model, so they kept their relationship a secret. He didn't need negative discrimination because he was gay, and also because his lover was still in high school. But Taemin was okay with it - he pretended to be his little brother with enthusiasm whenever the model called over his co-workers. If he thought about it, that time would have been hard for the boy. He had to watch his female co-workers trying to get into his pants. But, he endured it with smile on his face.

 

"Minho, you shouldn't keep up this act anymore." Tiffany said one time after she spent an afternoon with the usual bunch of friends over at Minho's - and Taemin’s shared - apartment. But, she was the only one who knew Taemin wasn't Minho's little brother. "You're clearly hurting him!"

 

"What are you talking about?" Minho was truly clueless.

 

"You didn't see how Jinri eyed you - but Taemin did." He didn't get it really. That time, he was sure Tiffany just looked too much into simple acts. Jinri and he were good friends. Nothing more. He mostly liked her because she reminded him of Taemin, that was all. "You should at least tell her he isn't your brother."

 

"Tiffany, you're making a big fuss again." Minho started slowly. "I told you, I'll tell everyone once my career is stable. Also, I spoke it though with Taemin about the whole thing like a hundred of times and he said he has nothing against this act."                                                                                                                        

 

"Okay Minho. I'm not making a fuss anymore." She said, staring at him with lightning in her eyes. "But be careful, please!"


 

 

Minho really didn't think that Jinri would be dangerous to his relationship with Taemin. Yes, they were friends. Yes, sometimes he saw that Jinri thought it was more than simple friendship. But it didn't disturb Minho at all. If he didn't let himself sink into cheating, nothing wrong could happen, right? Also, he was as happy as he could've been with Taemin. They had their own home, they were free to do what they wanted. Their life was as perfect as it could be. Yet, it seemed like something bugged the long haired boy.

 

"Minho!" He called out unsurely after Minho finished showering. He hugged a pillow to his fragile body and his hair was tied in a messy bun, which the model appreciated very much.

 

"Hm?" The man hummed as he put on his pajama shirt. His eyes wandered to his lover's long legs - thank god for short shorts.

 

"In case, you ever find someone who makes you happier than you're now, please tell me." Taemin's voice was quiet, insecure and he was clearly troubled. Hardly more than a whisper. The man's gaze quickly turned from the other's legs to his face. The boy bit down on his lips.

 

"What makes you say this?" Minho frowned. It was so unlike him. Taemin was a cheerful boy, he usually just thought about the good things. But now, he looked so down.

 

"Just promise me."

 

"But you know it won't happen. No one makes me happier than you." The model laid down next to the boy and embraced him to make him feel safe. He didn't want Taemin to be afraid of being cheated on. He wanted him to feel safe and happy beside Minho.

 

"Still, promise me, please." Taemin pouted and snuggled closer to the source of the warmth.

 

"Then you'll stop acting strange?" Minho tenderly pecked his boyfriend's nose and the other smiled up at him, his eyes never looking straight at Minho's. He was indeed acting odd.

 

"Yes."

 

"Then, I promise you I'll tell you if I find someone who makes me happier, even though it's impossible." The man said and caressed Taemin's silky locks with his long fingers. The boy finally showed a real smile and slowly closed his eyes to fall asleep. But before, he muttered something quietly.

 

"Thank you."

 

And suddenly Tiffany's words hit Minho. He did hurt Taemin with keeping up the act of their brotherhood. With the continuous flirting Jinri made.

 

But he still had to maintain it for his career - as selfish as that sounded.

 

 

"What is that on your finger?" The long haired boy asked curiously as he stared down at Minho's hands. It was a silver band around his ring finger, and Taemin was sure he hadn't given the other a ring.

 

"Oh, this?" Minho looked at it, too, while smiling brightly. He took it down and popped into Taemin's palm so he could take a better look at it. "I got it from Jinri. Isn't it cool?"

 

"Yes, it's cool." The boy wanted to act like it wasn't a big deal. He was really trying to, because after all, Minho was living with him and he was the one who the model came home to every day, and not Jinri. But it was hard to look at them when he had to act like Minho's brother, all lovey-dovey. It was his role, he was Minho's boyfriend. But since she didn't know anything about their relationship, Taemin couldn't really be angry at her. "I bet she has one, too."

 

"Yes!" The man beamed as he looked at the ring, then up at Taemin and the boy had to bite down on his lips to stop furrowing. "How did you know?"

 

The long haired boy decided not to reply to his lover's question. He looked at the ring in his palm and gave it a squeeze.

 

"Do you remember what you promised me?" He asked in a whispery tone. For Minho, it seemingly wasn't a big deal, but something was bugging Taemin. He trusted the man. He knew he loved him. But things changed way too quickly, and it was undeniable that Jinri was a beautiful woman with a beautiful personality. Also, he had to admit that the two looked good together. Plus, Minho wouldn't have to deny their relationship. The whole thing scared Taemin. It really did.

 

"Why are you asking this suddenly?" Minho frowned. Nowadays, the boy was more insecure than ever and he questioned their relationship way too much. He could feel the jealousy from the boy every time he mentioned the girl. It bothered Minho very much. "It's because Jinri gave me this friendship ring?"

 

"Gosh Minho, it's a ing couple ring!" Taemin snapped. Why was Minho so gullible?

 

"No, it's not!" The model had had enough of his boyfriend's jealousy attacks. He had enough trouble already with the lack of work and all, he didn't need the boy to nag him all the time. "Why are you acting so strange about Jinri and not Tiffany? I mean, they're both girls and both of my friends."

 

"Because Jinri doesn't want to be just your friend." Taemin said slowly, deeply looking at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter