frustrations

A Wildflower

a/n: a tiny handful of springtempo in here so if that is completely unbearable for you jst skim though it i guess?

 

 

 

the next day


“You didn’t tell me you went on a date with him yesterday!?”

Jiyong releases a loud, frustrated sigh and places his pen down on the desk with force. He turns to Youngbae with a hard, icy glare. “No. It was just brunch. Now will you lay the off? I’m working on something.”

To his utter grief, Youngbae only grins at him teasingly, “So, a date.”

“A forced date.” Jiyong corrects, holding his chin up haughty and high as he resumes his previous scribbling on the worn little notebook in front of him. Youngbae snorts.

“You had a good time, though.”

Jiyong grimaces to himself. Seunghyun had been nothing short of lovely and Jiyong cringes at the fact that Youngbae is very correct – he did have a nice time with him or at least he didn’t absolutely think it had been a waste of his time, well, not until Jiyong himself decided that he would purposely soil everything with his attitude.

Instead of arguing, Jiyong continues writing hurriedly on the pages as he replies offhandedly, “Am I going to marry every single person I have a good time with?” His lips stretch in to a little smirk as he looks up at his friend with a mischievous glint in his eyes, “If that was the case, you would have become my hubby eons ago.”

As the younger proceeds to snicker at Youngbae’s expression of shock-horror, the singer sticks out his tongue in a show of his disgust and stretches his legs out to kick Jiyong on an unassuming knee. The boy whines and clutches at the abused area, shooting daggers with his eyes at the other – only to have the disdainful staring contest broken in to huge bouts of laughter and giggles, both of the boys throwing their head back with the act.

Their collective noise is cracked in to by the studio door opening. “I could hear you maniacs from the car.” Chaerin is smiling as she removes a pair of massive, white sunglasses from her done-up eyes.

Jiyong and Youngbae filter out the last of their sniggers as she places her things down on to a couch and then proceeds to sit down on it, crossing her shapely legs and taking out her phone.

“Where are the others?” Youngbae turns to Chaerin as Jiyong returns to his lyric book, pen in hand and smile lingering.

The brunette looks up from her phone, “It’s just me today. Teddy oppa wants me to try and record some solo stuff I’ve been working on-”

Youngbae and Chaerin being to chatter animatedly about plans for CL’s solo career and Youngbae’s preparation for his upcoming album and Jiyong wants to reach for his headphones and tune them out. His mouth is stretched in a straight line and his hands are kind of shaky holding the thin pen – as much as he absolutely adores the privilege of being able to work at some of YG studios, he, at the same time, despises it.

It’s like being here, around these artists and idols and bands and producers that have actually achieved their dreams, who’s names filter through all of the charts, who are at the point of global recognition – it’s all a bit depressing for an intern who is only allowed to help with actual songs sometimes whilst the rest of his days are spent trying to come up with melodies that will spark the president’s interest in him with finality. So far, Jiyong’s always come up short.

His eyes grow wide in slight surprise when he’s suddenly strung in to their conversation. And then he’s filled with bitter resentment at what it is that they are talking to him about. Chaerin is looking at him with wide, excited eyes, “Oh my god. Oppa, I can’t believe I forgot to ask you,” She gushes, “Is it really true that you’re marrying Choi Seunghyun!?”

Jiyong can’t help but stare at the ceiling in annoyance and he can hear Youngbae snort in amusement. He fixes Chaerin with a bored stare, “Not if I can help it.”

The girl doesn’t seem to hear him, it seems, as she continues to rush with her words, “Me, and the other girls are so jealous. You are so lucky. Seunghyun is probably the most wanted single man in the country right now.” She’s practically gleeful by the end of her spiel and Jiyong sighs deeply as Youngbae discreetly coughs ‘I told you so’ in to his own fist.

“Yeah, yeah, sure. I know, luckiest guy in the world.” Jiyong drones sarcastically in response.

Chaerin’s eyes light up as she continues to disregard the displeasure on the boy’s face. “But, oppa, something’s strange.” She’s kind of whispering now, as if she isn’t supposed to be revealing the latter bit of information and Jiyong raises one eyebrow as she continues, “Actually...” Chaerin seems to be hesitating, gnawing on her lower lip. “I thought that Seunghyun was dating Bom unnie.”

What!?” Youngbae splutters out, shock blatantly splattered across his face.

The weary expression automatically melts from Jiyong’s features as he freezes up at the words, unable to make sense of whether he had just heard the other clearly or not. He scrunches up his nose. “Park Bom? As in Bom noona?” Jiyong huffs in amusement, “The did that rumour come from?” Seunghyun is definitely the type of person who wouldn’t even associate with idols, let alone date 2NE1.

 Jiyong feels a slow sense of unease building inside of him and he’s baffled at how much discomfort he’s getting from this new information. It has to be bull. “You guys have a dating ban.”

Chaerin only smirks lightly at this, “Trust me, that’s never stopped anyone before.”

A sour expression contorts Jiyong’s face, he stares hard at the girl “You’re the leader, how would you not know who your members are dating?” He asks accusatorily.

“It’s because I’m the leader that they wouldn’t tell me. They know I’d try to put a stop to it. But Dara unnie told me that they exchanged numbers in Japan a while ago – I don’t know under what circumstances but I do know that I’ve sneaked a look at Bom messaging somebody called Seunghyun on her private phone.”

Jiyong’s eyebrows bunch together, a frown pulling at his lips. “Seunghyun wouldn’t...” Seunghyun is poster boy perfect, and there’s no way – even for a business arrangement like this – that he would have a hidden relationship on the side. But why the am I so bothered by it? Jiyong’s frown only deepens as he looks back up at Chaerin, chillingly. “Seunghyun’s too much of a goody two-shoes. He would never.”

“Why are you getting all worked up?” Youngbae sounds like he’s suppressing laughter as he raises both eyebrows at his friend and Jiyong scowls back at him in response.

“I am not. I just don’t believe it. It’s bull.” Jiyong is adamant in his contention. Chaerin shrugs her shoulder, looking unconvinced and Youngbae masks a light chuckle as a cough behind his palms. Jiyong shakes his head at the both of them, “Both of you are annoying the out of me. Thank god I have to leave, now.” He makes to stand and starts assorting all of his things together.

Youngbae finally cracks and lets out a cackle, “Dude calm down, fine they’re not dating, alright? Let’s go get some grub.” His appeasement is half-hearted and mocking and Jiyong whispers ‘’ at him as Chaerin perks up in her seat.

“Yes! Let’s go to that sushi place downtown. We haven’t gone there in ages and I’m bloody sick of ramen.” Youngbae excitedly agrees and they lean towards each other to hi-5.

Jiyong takes great, great pleasure in breaking up their blatant enthusiasm with a big shake of his head. “Nope, sorry, can’t – big, fancy corporate dinner tonight.”

Youngbae’s face falls noticeably before his eyes flicker in recognition. He falls back into his seat with a long, drawn out “Ah!” and then he crosses his arms in front of his chest, frowning. “The one at the Lee’s that you were talking about? That’s tonight?”

Jiyong nods “Yep, unfortunately. I have to go pick up my suit from dry cleaning.” He sighs in dejection. Anyone who knows Jiyong even the tiniest bit would be aware of how much the boy despises these business events. The only reason he isn’t figuring out methods of bailing out of going right now is because the dinner’s at Seungri’s place (probably the only corporate kid who Jiyong doesn’t loathe and definitely the only one he has somehow built a friendship with), and so it’s not going to be a completely time.

“Is Seunghyun going to be there?” Chaerin asks when he’s almost out the door and Jiyong physically flinches at the question.

“Wait, is that why you’re getting ready so early?” Youngbae joins in before Jiyong can shut the topic down and he involuntarily feels his face warm up at the accusation. He whirls on his heel and practically breathes fire at the two of them.

“Yes, maybe, it’s not of my concern,” He snaps at Chaerin before tuning in on a smiling Youngbae, “And no, go yourself.” Chaerin and Youngbae exchange amused, knowing smiles with each other, completely unfazed by Jiyong’s discontentment.

And when he exits the studio in a red-faced fury, Jiyong is most definitely not beginning to anticipate seeing that boring, goody-goody, daddy’s boy Seunghyun again.  Not in a million years.

 

 

+


 

The sting is sharp and there’s a buzzing in Seunghyun’s ears. His eyes involuntarily begin to moisten up as he brings a hand up to the newly reddened skin of his cheek.  He deserves the slap, and so he only bows his head down a little in dejection, staying quiet.

“I should have ended it when you refused to say you loved me back.” Bom’s voice is scratchy and hoarse from shouting, the words harsh against and choked up by her own flow of tears. “I knew. I knew it was never the same for you but I was just so stupid, god.”

Seunghyun feels like kicking himself blue and black. He’s the world’s worst person; he’s convinced himself by now. He reaches a hand out to the girl, “Bommie, I-” he gasps when his hand his shoved aside.

“You don’t have the right to call me that anymore.” Bom manages to cough out between her heavy crying. She stares up at Seunghyun with her large, droopy eyes, “I loved you, Hyun.” She sniffs and Seunghyun’s heart breaks in to a million pieces for her.

 

They have been on and off, he and Bom, for months now – a year, maybe. It’s kind of a huge blur for Seunghyun, for whom it is one of the only two lengthened relationships he’s been in ever.

They had met for the first time coincidently at one high profile bar in Tokyo last summer – the famous singer wrapped in a tight black dress that showed off her perfect legs, leaning on her manager for support, utterly sloshed after a few strong shots.

Seunghyun, who is fond of drinking his wine alone, remembers having been a bit worried and intimidated all at the same time whilst eyeing the idol that was causing quite a stir within the place. Somehow, Bom had ended up slouched atop the stool beside him, her manager off somewhere taking care of damages, and he had timidly asked her out of politeness if she needed some water or something of the sort.

Bom apparently had taken that as an invitation to lay her head on Seunghyun’s awkward shoulder, mumbling nonsensical sentences into it. When she had started to cry, Seunghyun hesitantly rubbed the idol’s back, wondering, clueless, how he found himself suddenly appointed to take care of the girl. He had listened with curiosity and pity to her sniffles and laments about ‘no privacy’ and ‘no real friends’ and Seunghyun had felt a pang in his stomach, had whispered ‘it’s ok’ in response, even if it hadn’t been.

And when he had helped her get in to her car by the time she had to leave – her manager asked for his number, promising some kind of compensation for his troubles, apologizing after recognizing Seunghyun’s face.

Seunghyun had thought that that would have been the end of it all, but in the morning he had received a call – not from her manager – but from Bom herself. She had apologized profusely, sounding embarrassment and Seunghyun had just found it surreal that such a huge star was so humble – even if Seunghyun is a little bit of a celebrity himself.

Two weeks later, Bom had asked him out for dinner and Seunghyun was not dumb enough to doubt that it was anything but a date being proposed to him. He had been flattered.

But what he hadn’t known was that Bom liked him much more than Seunghyun originally imagined. 

The thing is, Seunghyun’s always been inclined towards boys, ever since he can remember. If a certain Kwon Jiyong is a factor of this, he isn’t sure, but he had known when going on that first date with Bom, that he hadn’t been thinking much about it at all, he’d put no depth to it. He’d agreed to go because he truly doesn’t know how to say no.

But one date turned in to two and two to five, all of them very secret and private because Bom has a strict dating ban, and then she started calling him boyfriend and honey and Seunghyun had been at a loss of what to do.

Sure, he finds Bom endearing and obviously pretty and he has grown to like her – but he has never been committed to it, has never been in love with her as she always claims to be with him.

He had always planned to end things – thinking it would hurt her less if he put a stop to it all quickly, but in the end he had always, always chickened out, not wanting to see her saddened by him.

And now, after all this time – The consequences of being a helpless pushover has caught up to him and quite literally slapped him across the face. Seunghyun doesn’t even think that’s punishment enough. What he’s done to Bom has been nothing short of cruel and he doesn’t think he can ever make up for it.

“I hope you’re very happy with your boyfriend.” Bom bites out and then she turns to leave. Seunghyun doesn’t want things to end this way. Bom has become an important person in his life and he doesn’t want to lose her like this, doesn’t want her to cry over him.

“Bom, it’s not like that-” But she doesn’t turn around, and Seunghyun is cut off by his own apartment door slamming closed, the harsh noise mocking him as it echoes around the room.

 

 

 

By the time Seunghyun has pulled himself in to a shiny, crisp, black suit and tie, he’s still feeling like a massive jerk. He doesn’t think he’s felt this guilty in a long time and Bom’s tear-streaked face haunts his conscience relentlessly as he’s getting ready for tonight’s dinner.

I don’t even feel like going. Seunghyun thinks, but of course he has to. It’s the first event after news of his upcoming marriage has been circulated and he knows that his father wants him there to be congratulated and interviewed.

I’ll just have to put on a brave face, Seunghyun sighs to himself as he fixes his hair for the last time in the mirror.

Despite being devastated by the whole Bom ordeal that took place earlier today, Seunghyun can’t help but think about Jiyong, either.

He wonders if the boy will show up tonight, secretly hoping that he will, and knowing from observation that Jiyong is close with the Lee’s son, Seungri, and so he may very likely make an appearance.

Seunghyun completely forgot about tonight’s dinner with all of the drama that has been engulfing his life in the past few days, otherwise he might have just asked Jiyong himself yesterday at lunch whether the boy was attending.

It crosses his mind for a second that he could easily message Jiyong but then he returns to his senses as he remembers that the younger wants them to remain distant, hoping for the marriage to be called off completely, whilst Seunghyun doesn’t want to give up trying to get the boy to warm up to him a little.

It puts Seunghyun in to a muddled state – one side of his brain is constantly beating him up over Bom whilst the other is reminding him how much Jiyong doesn’t like him, well, at least not in the same embarrassing sense that Seunghyun feels towards the boy. And then the act of thinking about Jiyong just makes him feel even worse about Bom.

Seunghyun groans, covering his face with two open palms and running them down his cheeks in frustration. What am I supposed to do?

 

 

 

+

 

 


“HYOOOONG!”

Jiyong lets out a grunt as he is enveloped in to a slightly bone-crushing side hug. Seungri is beaming from ear to ear as he dangles off the older like a layer of clothing.

“Ri, can you please not?” He remarks dryly, but despite himself pats at his friend's back affectionately. He knows the younger is excited to see him – they haven’t talked in weeks and Jiyong can admit that he missed the kid’s company a little.

“Nope, tonight you’re with me hyung. No bailing out, got it?” Seungri masks on a serious face and Jiyong cracks a smile, nodding at the other as he rolls his eyes.

Seungri drags Jiyong to a table inside the incredibly huge dining hall, and Jiyong glowers at the feeling of curious and unrelenting stares on his back from the crowds of people that fill up the room. “I guess the marriage news spread fast.” He comments bitterly and Seungri gasps.

“How did I forget to ask you about it!?” He cries out, “What the hell is going on, hyung? Since when were you with the Choi guy?” Seungri implores at him with wide, inquiring eyes.

Jiyong shakes his head, “Since never. It’s for business.” Seungri looks scandalized at the information and he’s looking at Jiyong with a softened, pitying stare.

“The old man’s forcing you, isn’t he?” Seungri asks lightly and Jiyong shrugs in indifference. Seungri sighs deeply and squeezes his shoulder, “I thought that that might be the case.”

Jiyong attempts to plaster a small smile on his face, and nudges the younger with a pointed elbow. “Don’t worry, hyung will work his way out of it, somehow.” And Seungri purses his lips and nods at that, even if he’s doubtful and Jiyong’s thankful for it – he doesn’t really want to pry further in to this. “Anyway!” he starts brightly, “What’s been up with you?”

And then Seungri is chattering away in his boisterous and bright manner, distracting Jiyong rightfully and repeatedly causing the older to bend over with laughter – of amusement and embarrassment at his friend’s ridiculous stories. Jiyong’s so very glad that he’s created this dark and intimidating wall around his reputation that prevents all of the nosy people at the gathering to come up and ask him about Seunghyun. He’d much rather banish all of those thoughts and spend the night with his friend, who wouldn’t think of bringing up the marriage up once again.

Despite this, Jiyong can’t deny that his eyes, every now and then, are guilty of roaming about the room to try and catch a glimpse of glossy black hair and a sharp jaw line. And every time, he ends up looking back at Seungri with a confusing sense of disappointment at the fact that maybe Seunghyun’s not coming.

It makes him feel a bit stupid for feeling so apprehensive in the car ride here, earlier, at the thought of seeing Seunghyun after he had ruined their little outing together. He clearly remembers his heart even beginning to race a little at the prospect and that is just not okay with Jiyong.

He shakes it off, deciding to be completely rid of his thoughts concerning the older – because why should I even care – as he snickers at Seungri describing one of his drunk adventures that occurred last week.

It’s when Jiyong throws his head back to laugh, hand habitually flying upwards to cover his mouth, that the boy sees him walking through the large double doors. He halts his giggling immediately and without even realizing it, begins to feel a little nervous again. What the , Jiyong thinks in frustration. Why is Seunghyun’s presence suddenly affecting him so much? It’s just because I feel really bad about acting out yesterday...

But, god damn it the older looks – Jiyong begrudgingly admits – ing stunning, as always. The black velvet cut of his suit contrasts so devastatingly well with his handsome face and Jiyong suddenly feels inadequately dressed, even after he’s made a bit of extra unconscious effort this time in his appearance.   

Seungri’s stopped talking as well at this point as he follows Jiyong’s stare – and then he’s standing up with a surprised “Oh!”

 Jiyong turns to him with an accusatory stare.

The younger boy looks sheepish as he scratches the back of his neck. “Mianhe, hyung. The Choi’s are like guests of honour, I have to go greet them properly.” And before Jiyong can reprimand him further, Seungri is bolting towards Seunghyun and his family, pulling at his blazer and fixing his bright red tie along the way.

“That little ing traitor.” Jiyong mutters under his breath and then pretends to busy himself with his phone, when in reality his mind is going at one hundred miles an hour – praying that Seungri isn’t going to bring Seunghyun to where they are currently sitting.

His inner struggles are disrupted when he’s suddenly tapped on the shoulder. Jiyong frowns and looks up from his phone, only to heave huge a sigh of relief. “, I thought you were going to be some coming to give me blessings for my marriage or something.”

“And who says I’m not doing exactly that?” Soohyuk counters back and Jiyong throws him a warning glance as the taller takes Seungri’s seat beside him. Soohyuk is the eldest son out of him and Seungri in the Lee family, and the one who’s rumored to take over the business very soon. He’s the same age as Jiyong, but tall and model-looking, really – Jiyong thinks he’s like a slightly less annoying version of Seunghyun. Soohyuk tsks at him, “You’re supposed to be greeting everyone. They’re all waiting for you over there.”

Jiyong looks in the direction where Soohyuk jerks his head and scowls at all of the eyes staring their way.

“Your dad sent me over to tell you that, by the way, so don’t bite me.” Soohyuk adds after taking Jiyong’s murderous stare in to account.

Jiyong scoffs, waving a hand in the air, “Your brother’s doing all the greetings on my behalf.”

Soohyuk huffs a laugh, “Is that why you’re friends with him then? Because I was wondering...” He stands up again as Jiyong sticks his tongue out at him in response. “Anyway, come out of your broody little shell before Mr. Kwon comes and makes a scene, you brat.”

Jiyong takes minor offense at the remark as the taller walks away from him and he takes care to yell out, “Yah! You’re only like a month older than me, did you forget?” But Soohyuk simply chuckles. Jiyong deflates back in to his seat. “Ugh, -ness runs in the family.”

“Who are you talking to, hyung?”  Jiyong is startled by Seungri suddenly appearing behind him, and he’s about to curse at the younger until he spots the person standing beside him – the last thing Jiyong wanted – and his eyes widen, his words trap inside his throat.

“I brought Seunghyun hyung-nim to sit with us!” Seungri exclaims brightly and Jiyong, who’s eyes had been locked with the older’s in surprise, averts his gaze and stares pointedly at his phone once more.

He feels sort of terrible at his rude actions when he hears Seunghyun mutter a half-hearted “it’s ok” to Seungri before they’re both sitting down, Seungri between the two – probably doing some damage control for bringing Seunghyun here in the first place. Jiyong will deal with that later.

It’s awful and awkward for five whole minutes, with Jiyong scrolling absently through his phone and Seungri making polite small-talk with the famous Choi son.

The maknae, who Jiyong knows is practically allergic to social awkwardness, finally snaps, and abruptly stands up.

Jiyong stares up at him with wide, threatening eyes. Don’t you ing dare, he tries to channel the urgent message to his friend through his earnest expression but Seungri isn’t even looking at him – probably too scared to and Jiyong thinks that he rightfully should be because if he is thinking of leaving him with Seunghyun for even a minute, he’s going to be murdered.

Seungri, who is obviously not that concerned about his life under threat, bows to Seunghyun. “Sorry, hyung-nim, but I have uhm, a matter to tend to.” And then he’s gone, scurrying to some other group of random people before Jiyong can grab for him and force him to stay put.

. Jiyong thinks somebody must hate him for this to happen.

He sneaks a look at the older beside him and , he quickly snaps his head back because Seunghyun had already been looking right at him. Jiyong curses to himself continuously as he feels his cheeks burn up.

“Y-you look really nice, by the way.”

Jiyong's eyes are widened slightly in shock and his breath catches inside his throat and Seunghyun would probably just have to lean in a tiny distance further to hear the ridiculous increased beating of Jiyong’s idiotic heart.

Wow, calm the down, have you never received a compliment before? Jiyong yells at his himself as he can feel his whole face going a little redder. His conscience answers back, not from Seunghyun you haven’t, and Jiyong hates himself. He quickly schools his initial reaction in to one that he hopes looks collected and nonchalant, then nods his head and mumbles a very short, “Thanks,”  

And when Seunghyun says nothing back, Jiyong chances a quick glance at the other. Big mistake. Seunghyun is staring at him expectedly, and Jiyong begins to wonder when in the hell in these past 48 hours did Seunghyun start being the one to make Jiyong flustered? Why the am I not looking at him? Jiyong asks himself, and then gathers enough of his worked pride to lift his chin and stare right back at the older.

Enough. Jiyong thinks. He clears his throat, in essence trying to clear away his bashfulness from a moment ago. “You look alright too, I guess.” He plainly utters what has to be the largest under exaggerated comment of his whole twenty-five years of living and then proceeds to look away from Seunghyun.

What he doesn’t expect is to hear the other sigh very deeply in response. Jiyong scrunches his nose up.

Seunghyun has never been so blatant about his own exasperation towards Jiyong’s attitude. Jiyong has always seen the other to be the type who would politely smile in jest no matter what the was hurled at him. And so Jiyong is puzzled by this reaction, especially considering the younger knows very well that he’s definitely been ruder to the other.  

He doesn’t even think before he turns to the older and blurts out, “What’s crawled up your and died?” and the next thing he knows Seunghyun is pushing his chair back out with a loud, angry screech.

Jiyong startles, scooting back a little before he is frozen in place, taken off guard as his eyes scan over Seunghyun’s expression.

The older has his jaw squared extremely hard, his eyes are steely and his thick brows are scrunching together in the middle. Jiyong has never seen the other look so angry, before. He almost cowers back when Seunghyun stares down at him, “I’m sorry,” He rumbles out, and Jiyong notices that his voice sounds more worn than usual, “But I’m just not in the mood to deal with this crap today.”

Jiyong can only be filled with greater disbelief as he watches Seunghyun turn from him and heatedly walk away. He feels like he’s just been smacked across the face with Seunghyun words, as his ears ring with their harshness. That’s the closest he’s come to swearing.

The boy feels like utter . He knew that even someone as supposedly nice and kind as Seunghyun would become fed up with him. You got what you ing wanted, Jiyong reminds himself as he stares helplessly after the older that seems to be walking towards the exit, now.

But the words seem to be of no consolation. Jiyong doesn’t feel even the slightest ounce of triumph in actually getting Seunghyun to express negativity towards him. In fact, he feels like all colours of .

His heart kind-of throbs at the fact that it was him that made Seunghyun look like that within the space of three minutes –frustrated and red with anger.

, , . Jiyong can’t stop the flow of anxious dread that fills him as Seunghyun leaves the hall.

He can’t seem to be able to stop his legs either, as they stand him up and out of his chair of their own accord. “,” Jiyong mutters out loud this time because, suddenly, he’s now hurriedly walking the path that he's just watched Seunghyun take towards his leave.

What in the hell am I doing? Jiyong thinks as he pushes open the grand double doors. He’s hit with the chill of the winter night’s air but it doesn’t help the restless heat that is consuming his body at this moment.

He can hear someone calling his name from inside the hall – Seungri, he recognizes vaguely but all sounds are drowned out by the doors closing shut decidedly, leaving him outside in the cold.

Jiyong squints in to the dimly lit dark with no avail, eyes searching for Seunghyun before he can even register that he’s actually left the dinner to come find the one person he’s been trying so hard to avoid.

What the , Jiyong thinks. He raises both hands and curls them to cup around his mouth, "Seunghyun?" he calls out, surprised at the concern that he hears is etched in to his own voice. 

Jiyong's surprised that he's standing out here at all, baffled by the racing of his heart, frustrated by how massive of a jerk he feels like right now but above all of that, for some stupid reason, he's determined to find the angered man and - and then what? Jiyong is not even sure what he's doing.

In this moment, he is only certain that he's unable to wipe away the image of a pissed off Seunghyun from his mind, abandoning his treasured pride as he steps further in to the darker edge of the large front garden. 

"Choi Seunghyun, where the are you!?"