Chpt 2

Between Heaven and Hell

“Prove it.” I said as i pull the gun away from her chin.

She pants, “I-..”

“Prove it!” I shouted at her.

I stare at her deep brown eyes that have hazel lines running in the center. Boyoung. Boyoung-ah.

Her eyes search for mine lifelessly, “I..I’m blind, and I hate myself for it.”  She lets go of my risk, “If you don’t believe me...”

Tears pierce her smudged cheeks as she cries again,

“Then..ki-kill me.”

Hesitantly, I pull her up by her frail arm, “You’re coming with me.”  

 My heart grows weary and all sense i had perishes into thin air. I remembered her cheery smile and bright almond eyes.... Shaking the memory out of my head I step back into the living room.

 With my free hand I grab her bag and discard her glass.

I throw a handkerchief at her, “Wipe your tears.”

She obeys and wipes her tears with shaking hands.

“Be normal.” I commanded as I walk out with her hand in mine. It’s been six years since i have seen Boyoung. What perfect timing.  Her slim fingers wrap around mine tightly, does she trust me?

 The ride was completely silence as I arrived at a motel. I don’t have a home. A guy like me never really needs one. I’m an assassin, I don’t need that attachment.

Taking a glance at Boyoung my dead heart exhilarate involuntarily.  The emptiness is dispersing and Boyoung...is the weight.

“We’re here..”

Boyoung  sniffles, “Where..?”

Ignoring her question, I get out of the corvette and open her door. Again she shudders at the sound. Guilt thunders through my chest. Gently, I guide her out and lead her to the room.  

I shut the door and lock it. “There’s only a king size bed, t.v, dresser, and bathroom.”

She stands in front of me. Her soft perfume invades my lungs. The scent of honey and flowers. Her lavender dress torn hanging off one side of her shoulder.  Exposing her white lace bra.

I probably did that.trans.gif 

Moving around her frozen figure, I open my suitcase and take out one of my button ups. Slowly, I approach her pausing in front of her.

Boyoung senses my presence and  sighs, “What?”

“If you want to change..” I take her hand, “You can wear this.” I place the white button up in her hand before walking away.

 

Boyoung (POV) 

I clutch his shirt tightly biting my lip hard to not cry. Why was he being so nice? What are his intentions? Using my left hand, I guide myself to the bathroom. Hearing the door near the front thud scares me as i shut my eyes. He left..? Did he abandon me?

Quickly I shower wanting to wash away everything. Finishing my shower, I carefully step out and feel my way towards the counter. Grasping a towel, I dry off, and search for the button up. My fingers find the sleeves and I extend my arms out to see how big the shirt is.

It’s definitely  big. The bottom brushes above my knees and the sleeves are longer than my own arms. I sigh. I’m blind and short. I don’t bother to it, and just it slip over me.

Cautiously I crack the door open and come out. Is he here? 

“Are you done?”

Instantly, I shift towards the direction of his voice.  My heart beat flutters at his simple question. Finally I answer him, “Yes.” 

His light footsteps are coming in my direction. I move out of the way and breathe. He hasn’t killed me yet.

 

Sehun (POV)

After my shower, I found Boyoung in front of a painting touching it with her finger tips. A small smile escapes from her lips when she traced out the waves of the sea.  The button up I gave her fits her horribly. My desires ignites the old memories of her to color. I want to hold her in my arms, and embrace her.

 I clear my throat, “You can sleep on the bed. I’ll take the couch.”

Boyoung steps away from the painting her hands returning to her side, “What’s your name?”

My brain refreshes what my father said to me the first day, “Don’t let anyone know your identity.”

“You’re not going to tell me” Boyoung murmurs.

 I begin to take some pillows off the bed again ignoring her.

“I just want to know your name before i die at your hands.”

 

Pausing in my actions, I roughly fling the pillows to the floor, “I have no intentions of killing you.”

She slowly turns around and her eyes lock with mine, “How do I know you’re not going to kill me in my sleep?”

Frustrated and exhausted I pull my gun from the harness and walk to her. Her head shifts in confusion to my actions. Boyoung takes a step back and I grab her wrist.

“You can hold the gun.”

I open her small fist and place the gun in her palm, “You have the gun. The only gun I carry.”

Boyoung’s hand tightens around the gun shaking. She won’t shoot me, I thought to calm myself.

She wouldn’t shoot me.  She brings the gun to her chest, her eyes glued to the floor.

“Thank you.”  she whispers before finding her way to the bed.  

“Be careful.”

I breathe out in relief. At least now, I hope to have develop some trust with Boyoung.  Seeing her finally asleep, I walk to the lamp next to the bed to turn it off.

 

“You don’t have to sleep on the nonexistent couch.” Boyoung  mumbled.

I smile at her soft statement and turn off the lamp. Taking her offer I gingerly fix myself next to her on the bed. Leaving just centimeters of space for comfort.  My eyes slowly give up and close allowing sleep to take over.

 

Pastel petals wonder through the wind as Boyoung rests her head on my chest, our hands entwined.

“Sehun oppa, am I pretty?”

I smirk and pinch her cheeks, “You are very pretty.”

Boyoung blushes as she smiles at me. Her hand reaches my cheek, “Sehun oppa is very handsome.”

Slowly she traces my face with her slim fingers. My jawline, nose, eyes, and lips. “So very handsome.”

A white  blossom falls and rests in Boyoung’s long black hair. I lean in, wanting to feel her soft lips against mine but she disappears.  

I got up and look around, I’m in my school uniform.  

Panicking I shout, “Boyoung-ah??! Where are you?!”

In the distance I heard her scream, “Sehun! Sehun! Please don’t  let them take me!”

The white blossoms and pastel petals turn black, everything is dying. I run in the direction of her voice.

A loud gun shoot echos stopping me,  “NO! Boyoung?!”

“Boyoung?!”

I shot up and urgently look to my right to check on Boyoung. Sighing in relief, I massage my forehead to forget about the nightmare.  Her soft breathing comforts me as I gently lay back in bed again.

I face her and take in her beauty. Something I had yearned for the last six years. Delicately I cup her cheek with my right hand. My palm rests against her smooth skin. 

I want to keep her by my side. Afraid I'll lose her again.  Cruel attachment to a woman I can't forget is going to be the death of me. Just tonight I'll keep her. Just tonight. 

 

 Boyoung POV.

 It's you isn't it? From your distinct life lines of your palm that I never could forget,your deep assertive voice,  Sehun it’s you.