one

Special Encounter

Suho had loved Kris since the first moment he'd seen him. First of all, Kris was tall, which he was not. He could easily see the man towering over everyone else in the coffee shop where Suho worked. Secondly, they were both blonde. It was rather hard to find Asians that had bleached their hair, the only other blonde Suho knew was his best friend Baekhyun. Then Kris had spoken. Oh, god. His voice was like . Pure, pure . It was so hard to explain the feelings he'd been having while the taller ordered. Their encounter was something special, he knew. It had all happened so simply: Kris walked up to the counter and smiled, greeting him with a simple "good morning". 

"G-good morning to you too," Suho stammered. He stood still for a minute, staring at the creature in front of him. Kris leaned in a bit and looked into his eyes. 

"Um, hello? Are you still awake?" There was a teasing tone in his voice. 

"Oh-yes? I mean, yes. Yes, I'm fine. What c-can I get you?" 

Kris chuckled. "Hot chocolate, that'll be fine."

"I'll be right back with that..." he replied weakly. As Suho turned away to get the ingredients to make his drink, he blinked quickly and shook his head, clearing all thoughts of the handsome stranger from his mind. His hands moved deftly, knowing exactly how much to add, what to put where and when. In a few minutes he returned to the counter and handed Kris his drink, then moved towards the cash register and printed out the receipt. "Here you are," he murmered. Kris took the receipt in his hands, signed it, and gave it back. 

"Thanks," he said, and winked at Suho as he left. 

The short barista was about to tuck the receipt away when he noticed there was extra writing on the bottom. Making sure there were no customers at the moment, he ducked into the back room and sat on a crate in the corner. After a close examination, he could clearly read the small note written there: 'call me', then a phone number, and the name 'Kris'. 

Suho gasped and bolted up off the crate, removing his apron and shooting out the back door of the coffee shop. 

***

That night, Suho sat in his bedroom, tossing his phone in his hands. His stomach felt twisted with excitement and worry as he slowly dialed the number he'd spent the whole afternoon memorizing. 

"Hello?" A deep, y voice answered on the other side of the line.

"Kris? It's Suho. D-do you remember me?"

"Of course I remember you. How could I ever forget such a beautiful face?" 

***