Her Present

Behind these Walls and Masks

Im Yoona’s identity is sort of a mystery to me since we haven’t met each other yet and had no personal connection or whatsoever. From what I heard, she dropped out of college to pursue her modeling career and tried her luck to break into the fashion industry as an independent designer. She already got booked into some fashion shows and in some shows, she attended to get acquainted with people to widen her connections. Her friendly persona made it easy for her to approach people and be approached by agents and potential clients.

 

Everyone seemed to like her a lot. I have to admit, she is beautiful. I mean come on, she is a model after all. Her smile just expressed so much innocence which supported her youthful features. Like what I said earlier, she’s a mystery to me. I have seen some of her creations and she has a lot of potential. When it came to modeling, I think she preferred to keep a low profile since most, if not all, of the shows she booked weren’t well-known brands.

 

Jessica met Yoona at an event a year or two after her relationship with Tiffany ended. Yoona caught Jessica’s eye almost instantly outside the event’s venue because of the outfit she was wearing which was created by one of Jessica’s favorite designers. Jessica approached the doe-eyed girl and asked her sister Soojung to take a photo of them. They got each other’s name and separated as soon as they entered the lobby.

 

The sisters walked around the event, greeted some familiar faces, and had small conversations about fashion and how Jessica was doing with her collection of clothes. Every once in a while, Jessica would zone out and a smile would form on her face. Soojung noticed this and bumped her sister’s side with her elbow and whispers, “Unnie! What’s wrong with you?” The younger Jung simply smiled at the people they were talking to and excused themselves.

 

Soojung dragged Jessica to a corner and faced her. “Unnie! Are you okay?” Soojung asked worriedly but when Jessica wouldn’t respond, Soojung shook her silly like a baby did to a rattle. “Soojung ah! What are you doing?!”

 

“What am I doing? Getting you back to your wits, that’s what! Actually, I should be asking you that. What are you doing? Don’t zone out in the middle of a conversation! People might think you’ve gone nuts.” Soojung giggled while Jessica rolled her eyes and smacked her sister’s shoulder lightly after. “So why were you smiling all of a sudden? Did you see a guy around here and couldn’t resist fantasizing about him?” Soojung laughed as she remembered what had happened and how her sister looked.

 

“Shut up! It wasn’t like that and it wasn’t a guy either! It was a girl, FYI.” Jessica crossed her arms.

 

“Oh? A girl? Really? Was it the one we saw earlier?” Jessica simply ignored her. Soojung smirked. “Since when are you interested in girls? Tell me, are you crossing over to the other side?” Soojung loved teasing her sister.

 

“Oh shut up!” Jessica stuck her tongue out to Soojung and took her hand after. They roamed around the event without crossing paths with Yoona the entire day.

 

After a couple of days, Jessica one night received a message on one of her SNS accounts. It was from Yoona and she was asking if it was okay for them to be friends so they can help each other out in the fashion world. Jessica just couldn’t contain her feelings and spazzed in front of the computer. She immediately responded and as the conversation progressed, Jessica was giggling and squealing like crazy which caught Soojung’s attention.

 

“Unnie! Can you keep it down? I’m trying to read here.” Soojung glared at her sister but Jessica simply rolled her eyes and ignored the little Jung.

 

About an hour had passed and Jessica decided to take a bath. As soon as she entered the bathroom inside their bedroom, Soojung instantly took over the computer and began reading the entire conversation. So it’s from that Yoona person from the other day, aye? Jessica started humming and singing. Looks like it’s gonna take her longer than I thought. Good! I can wrap this up way before she finishes her bath. She snickered as she continued to scroll but as soon as she reached the end, she heard the bathroom door unlock. Soojung hit the shortcut keys to lock the computer since that was how Jessica left it and hastily ran and lied on the couch, grabbed a magazine, and pretended to read.

 

Jessica wore her favorite leopard-print pajama pants and black shirt and dried her hair. She walked past Soojung and sat back in front of the computer. Soojung’s heart raced as she peeked through the magazine she was holding. She shot the magazine back on her face at the sound of Jessica clicking and typing. Silence filled room. Soojung felt tense.

 

“Soojung ah! What did you do?!” Jessica was glaring at her.

 

“What do you mean ‘what did I do?’” Soojung’s heart started pounding as she pretended to flip a magazine page.

 

“Oh no no no. I know you did something! This wasn’t how I left it!” Jessica looked like she was going to explode any moment.

 

Oh no. Must not get busted! Must make an excuse! Think think think! Soojung moved to a sitting position and placed the magazine on the coffee table. “Oh my God, Unnie! I just checked some e-mails, okay? Calm your nerves! You don’t need to get all paranoid about it.” She crossed her arms, rolled her eyes, and hoped her sister buys it.

 

“You really just checked you e-mails?” Soojung nodded but was dying of nervousness inside. “Fine. Just don’t mess with my accounts, okay?” Jessica got back to the computer and continued where she left off.

 

Score!!! Good job dear self! My God! I thought I was gonna die! Soojung smiled and took hold of another magazine.

 

Night came and it was time to sleep. Soojung was already in bed and was murdering her pillows with her bear hugs while Jessica was still in front of the computer. Moments later, Jessica shut it down and dreamily walked to the bedroom. As she entered their room, Jessica had a huge smile slapped on her face and Soojung observed how her sister looked silly. The older Jung lied comfortably in bed and was still stuck in her trance.

 

She looks crazy. This only means one thing. Teasing time! Soojung smiled and faced her sister. “She seems rather nice, don’t you think?” Soojung crossed her fingers and hoped Jessica would answer. To her surprise, she did. “I know right? I wish we could see each other again.” Jessica stared at the ceiling. “I’m still thinking if I’m ready for love, though. Well, in case it does come to that.” She sighed and closed her eyes.

 

“Love? What do you mean? Isn’t she too young for you?” Jessica’s eyes opened wide as her whole body froze. “I thought you were into older and more mature people? She seems out of your ideal type.” That was when Jessica totally snapped out of her trance.

“I hate you Soojung ah!” She covered herself to hide her red face.

“What did I do now?” Soojung knows exactly what she did.

“How much did you read?”

“I read enough.” Soojung giggled.

“How far back is ‘enough’?” Jessica was seriously bothered.

“Uhm, like everything. From the moment the first message arrived until the last message you sent before taking a bath.” Soojung answered like a kid who talked to a parent so innocently.

“Oh my god! Why?! Whyyyyyy?!” Jessica revealed only her eyes and sent glares to Soojung.

“I’m sorry! I couldn’t help it! You were so happy and noisy! You were even squealing! I got so intrigued so I decided to check it out. Hee hee hee.”

“UUUUUGGGGHHHH!” Jessica turned to the other side of her bed and covered her head with her blanket.

“Good night, Unnie!” Soojung said in a taunting manner but was still giggling.

“Whatever!” Jessica was squealing out of shame under her sheets.

“I love you, Unnie!” Now Soojung was just annoying her.

“Go to sleep!”

“Oh, Unnie! You’re so cute!”

“YAH!”

 

Soojung giggled one last time and dozed off. Jessica was lost in her thoughts and didn’t notice that she already dozed off as well.

 

So, that was how Yoona and Jessica started and how Soojung made fun of her sister for it. I’m really not sure about how their relationship is going. All I know is they’re currently dating which I’m really not a fan of. I still prefer Tiffany for Jessica though. Why don’t I like Yoona for Jessica? I don’t know either. Something doesn’t just seem to sit with me. Oh well, whatever makes her happy right? (:

 


 

That's chapter 2 for you! Don't forget to comment! (:

 

Oh and thanks for those who commented on chapter 1! Fair warning though, prepare yourself for your emotions shall be played with. Haha. I'm actually doing it already. :))

 

Keep smiling! (:

- Just Elton SSI