Sirens

Procrastination

Sirens

Wonshik can hear the sirens coming, they are seconds away and he curses because Hakyeon is taking his sweet time squeezing his plump rump through the window. He is left, yet again, wondering why he agreed to partner with Hakyeon because the elder is anything but subtle and is definitely the cause of Wonshik’s increased blood pressure.

Finally they both make it out the back of the small lock-up, tearing off down the street ducking in and out of alleys, slipping into the darkest shadows. Hakyeon keeps up, puffing behind Wonshik all the way.

When they are a few blocks away Wonshik slips off his hood, motioning for Hakyeon to do the same. They walk side by side on the abandoned footpath trying to calm their racing hearts and panting breaths. Wonshik tosses one of the sweets to Hakyeon, biting into his own bar of chocolate, a stupid grin plastered across his face that Hakyeon can’t help but return. They never take much, they’re not criminals, well maybe, but the need for chocolate beats any rational thought and it’s not their fault the substance is impossible to come by unless you’re filthy rich.

The sound of an engine in the distance disrupts their celebration and they quickly swallow their mouthfuls of sugar, savouring the flavour could happen another time. They drop the conspicuous wrappers and continue on unfazed, eyes focused on the approaching threat.

Wonshik freezes, realising the car fast approaching is a cop car. The sirens off as it prowls the streets looking for any suspicious beings, like two beings dressed in all black barely three blocks from the scene of a theft.

Before Wonshik can react he feels hands tug at his hoodie, the material ripped off his shoulders before he can stop it. The black hoodie is chucked off into the distance leaving him in a white tank top. He realises Hakyeon was moving about, removing his clothing for no reason and suddenly pulling him close.

Hakyeon presses back against the brick wall of the building behind him, pulling Wonshik tight against his body. He hangs his arms around Wonshik’s neck and connects their mouths. It takes a moment before he can process what’s happening and then Wonshik can taste the lingering sweetness on Hakyeon’s lips and he wants more. He pushes his tongue forward and tangles it with Hakyeon’s, the chocolate they can still taste on the other dizzying.

Wonshik’s arms instinctively grab at Hakyeon’s waist and he finds himself pressing harder at Hakyeon, pushing him into the wall. Hakyeon moans at the roughness, a low and quiet sound, audible only to Wonshik in the night’s quiet.

The car passes and Hakyeon waits a few seconds more – to be safe, of course – before untangling himself from Wonshik. It’s when Hakyeon is glancing around cautiously before retrieving the thrown hoodie that Wonshik realises what Hakyeon has done, shielding them from the police ingeniously.

Wonshik is a little crest-fallen thinking maybe it is all an act, a way to keep them safe, he has to be sure, “You just kissed me,” It isn’t his most brilliant line.

“So?” Hakyeon an eyebrow, leaning up to give him another experimental peck which Wonshik responds to instantaneously, “It’s about time something happened,” Hakyeon mumbles,

Wonshik stares at him, dazed and intrigued.

“What?” Hakyeon scoffs, cheeks tinted pink, and begins to walk off, “You thought I spent all that time risking this beautiful body with you for just a couple bars of chocolate?”

 

 

Word Count: 583