Weekly Idol

Procrastination

A/N: Okay, I am pumped for VIXX on weekly idol, I have only been waiting for a year! And to celebrate here’s a little drabble inspired by this.

Because they always mention how weekly idol is filmed early in the day, I was thinking as to why Ravi answers N’s phone . . .

Weekly Idol

The tone went off again and Wonshik wanted to curse, to toss the stupid device at a wall, watch it shatter into millions of pieces and with it stop their song from echoing around the silent room.

It was late morning and they would both usually be up and either at the studio or a schedule by now, but for once VIXX had a day off and both Hakyeon and Wonshik had decided to make the most of it . . . And the night before.

So the two boys were happily curled up in bed, Hakyeon blissfully unaware of his surroundings as he slept off days of exhaustion from being the leader, still glowing with the warmth and content from the previous evening. Wonshik, surprisingly up first, was watching N’s peaceful face with a content smile of his own.

At some point in the night Wonshik had decided gripping onto Hakyeon like a koala was most comfortable and had found himself nuzzled into the crook of Hakyeon’s neck, his arms wrapped protectively and needily around N’s waist when he awoke. He groggily pulled back, rubbing sleep out of his eye and glancing at the clock, decided they could relax for a while longer he lay back down, watching Hakyeon’s calm demeanour when asleep and was drifting back to sleep under the tune of N’s even breathing when Hakyeon’s phone went off.

Eternity blasted around the room and Ravi wanted to let it ring out seeing as Hakyeon seemed unperturbed by the annoying sound and he was more than happy to ignore it. Then an image of the manager on the other end appeared in his head, an angry manager because he only ever called when it was important and of course Hakyeon would usually be up at this time and would immediately answer the device.

Wonshik sighed, reaching over Hakyeon and grabbing the device where it sat on the floor, the screen illuminating the dim room. Squinting at the caller ID, the name of BTOB’s Eunkwang name shone out. Surprised and interested Wonshik answered the phone, “Yeoboseyo?”

“Hakyeon-ah!” Eunkwang’s voice shouted followed by lyrics from Girl’s Generation’s, Gee.

Too tired and too confused Wonshik cocked N a funny look, the guy had strange friends, and replied, “Hyung, I’m Ravi.”

“. . . Ravi?! Neomu banjjak banjjak nuni busyeo~”

“No no no no no?”

There was an uproar of cheers from the other end of the phone so he must have done the right thing by finishing the song lyrics.

Once the cheers died down another voice broke through the phone, “You said you were who?”

“Ravi,”

“Who?”

“VIXX’s Ravi. Who are you?”

“Who am I? Who are you?!” The voice exclaimed aghast and Wonshik could here Eunkwang’s laughter in the background, the phone must be on speaker.

“I’m Ravi.” Wonshik’s voice was getting louder and Hakyeon began to stir under the covers.

“Ra-Vi.” The voice slowly pronounced,

“He’s a VIXX member.” A third voice on the line added,

Finally, someone knew him. Wonshik smiled, “Yes, that’s it.”

“Ah,” The second voice said, “Ravi, this is Weekly Idol.”

“Oh,” Weekly Idol? This was not what he had in mind for this morning, “Let me pass the phone to N-hyung.”

There was wave of indistinct chatter on the phone but Wonshik had moved it from his ear to wake Hakyeon. The eldest was already peering up from the pillow, he looked unimpressed with his literal wake up call. Wonshik held the phone out to him and he saw Eunkwang’s name on the screen.

“What did you say?” He spoke into the device, voice unimpressed to match his informal speaking.

“Yah!” The other end of the line replied with an older voice and Hakyeon could hear familiar laughter in the background,

“This is not Seo Eunkwang,” N said into the phone, and to Ravi,

“It’s Defconn,”

“And Doni,”

Hakyeon immediately put on the charm, embarrassed and blushing, “Oooh, annyeonghaseyo!”

“Yah! You great us so poorly!”

“No no, I thought it was Eunkwang!” Hakyeon sent a glare to Wonshik who was stifling a laugh, knowing exactly what Hakyeon had just done.

“What did you say?!” Doni repeated Hakyeon’s words again, “Well, I have nothing to say to you so I’ll give you to Eunkwang.”

“Yes,” N agreed, still entirely confused about the call.

“Hakyeon-ah,” Eunkwang’s voice carried through,

“Yes, what did you call for?”

There was a second’s pause before Eunkwang stated plainly, “I’ll hang up.”

“W-why?! Yah!”

“Bye.”

“Why?” The line dropped dead and Hakyeon was left looking at the black screen, “He hung up on me.”

N turned to look at Wonshik and the younger shrugged, lying back on the bed he patted the pillow beside him and put out his arm invitingly. Hakyeon sighed, curling into Wonshik’s touch, phone gripped tightly in hand.

“Maybe I should call him back?” N said more to himself,

“No.” Ravi replied firmly, “You will lie here with me and not bother their filming.”

“Filming?” N rolled in Ravi’s arms and looked up at his face,

“Weekly idol.”

“I’m going to be on Weekly Idol?” N sounded cheerful, the attention seeker he was,

“Maybe, the phone call was a bit of a mess.”

“What did you do?”

Shocked at Hakyeon’s accusing tone Ravi scoffed, “I answered my part correctly, I sung the right lyrics.”

There was silence while Hakyeon seemed like he would let the subject drop and he settled more comfortably in Wonshik’s hold and minutes passed before he realised, “Oh! It was one of those phone calls, I want a go!”

“No, you don’t.” Wonshik was drifting off again, pleasantly warm with N in his arms, “Just stay quiet and sleep with me.”

Hakyeon huffed, but relented, rested his head on Wonshik’s chest and listened to his heartbeat while being lulled by the gentle rise and fall of his chest. The peace settled over them and everything felt right, the day was exactly what Wonshik wanted; Hakyeon in his arms and a time for more sleep.

The peace could only last so long though, before the phone went off again. Hakyeon sat up, jolting Wonshik and once again disrupting the morning, Eunkwang’s name appeared.

“Hyung-nim~” Hakyeon greeted sweetly, correctly assuming it was the Weekly Idol hosts calling,

Badly off key lyrics to Girl’s Day, Something, crackled through the phone and without missing a beat Hakyeon sang.

“Wrong line!” Doni groaned, cutting N off and singing another part.

For the rest of the chorus Hakyeon sang along finishing the line but he kept missing, changing or adding a word. It wasn’t helping he didn’t know the song very well and Wonshik was being incredibly distracting. The rapper was sitting up too, sleep momentarily forgotten. He wrapped him arms and around Hakyeon’s stomach, placing light kisses on his neck and occasionally whispering into N’s phoneless ear to hang up and join him in the bed.

After several incorrect attempts Doni shouted, “Wrong! I hang up!” The line dropped dead again, leaving Hakyeon stunned.

“He hung up on me too.” N pouted and Wonshik let out a deep chuckle, only irritating Hakyeon more than his interference on the phone call did. He began smacking at the hands settled over his stomach but they pulled tight and he fell, following Ravi back onto the bed where legs also held him in place.

Hakyeon wiggled around but made no progress in his escape and whined when lips reattached onto his neck, onto the skin and no doubt leaving a red mark. “Just twenty more minutes,” Wonshik requested lessening his hold on his leader to speak, but returning his mouth straight back to the abused neck after.

“. . . I’ll give you ten.” N bargained, “Make the most of it.” Ravi, wasting no time, tossed Hakyeon off and placed himself over N, easily in a position to capture N’s lips fully in a fervent kiss.

 

 

Word Count: 1320

A/N: Just a heads up everyone. I have two weeks of school plus two weeks of exams and then I am done for the year. (Yay!!!)

The chances of me updating this in that time will be very slim. Especially seeing as I don’t plan on updating this again until I have finished You’re Mine, which could be two weeks or two months either way I plan on finishing it soon, so look out for that and be prepared for this to go dark for a while.

-Scimitar ^^