Forget-me-nots

The Infinite Struggle

A five year old Myungsoo was kneeling on the ground in one of the many courtyards in their palace, scribbling a picture of a turtle in the dirt with a stick. He normally spent his afternoons drawing in the dirt, since his older brothers had started taking etiquette and history lessons, which he'd been told he was a little too young for. He wasn't particularly upset with his newfound alone time, he rather enjoyed it, considering that his brothers were kinda noisy. He always preferred a quiet environment to a loud one anyway.

"Hey, what're you drawing?" a voice from behind him asked. 

The youngest prince turned around, a little startled, to look at the owner of the voice and blinked curiously. The boy behind him was shorter that him and was very cute, little did he know that the other would grow to be taller than him in the future. "Uh ... I was just drawing." he replied quietly, cautious because of the sudden intrusion from the unfamiliar boy.

"Oh my god is that a turtle?!" the boy asked excitedly, kneeling down beside him and pointing to Myungsoo's drawing. "Wow, I really wish I  could draw like you."

"I-I'm not that good." He said quietly, a little embarrassed at the amount of attention he was suddenly receiving.

"No! It's amazing!" he insisted "It's the best I ever saw! You should be an artist one day."

"I-I can't.." Myungsoo mumbled.

"Why not?" the cute boy asked.

"My parents wouldn't like that very much." the prince looked down shyly.

"Well if I were your mom I'd let you." he said with a warm smile.

Myungsoo looked up and smiled softly with a bashful flush to his round cheeks. "Y-you would?" He asked, to which the boy nodded enthusiastically with a big grin. "Um, what's your name?"

"I'm Sungyeol. My mom works here as a cook." he said as he sat beside him.

"I-I'm Myungsoo. I-I'm a prince" he said, half expecting Sungyeol to shy away like most of the other children would.

"Wow! That's so cool Myungsoo!" Sungyeol said with a wide smile, surprising the young prince.

"Eh?" he blinked.

"Hey, hey, Myungsoo? Do you think you could draw me?" he smiled cutely while pointing to himself.

"Uh o-okay" Myungsoo replied cautiously, starting to draw the other in the dirt with a stick. 

Sungyeol looked on as he drew his likeness in the dirt. "I still think you should be an artist."

"But I have to get married to a princess and be the king of her kingdom." he said softly, looking at Sungyeol.

"Then why don't you marry me?" He suggested. "That way you can be an artist." Sungyeol grinned.

Myungsoo blinked and pursed his lips. "That's kinda weird, getting married to a boy."

"So? I think getting married would be fun!" Sungyeol argued.

Myungsoo couldn't help smiling at the other boy. "Sungyeol, you're not a princess."

"I can pretend to be one," he replied grinning, causing Myungsoo to blush a little and nod.

"Okay. Let's promise to get married one day." Myungsoo held out his pinky to Sungyeol. They linked pinkies and smiled at one another.

"Now all we're missing are rings!" Sungyeol grinned.

"Why?" Myungsoo asked, confused. 

"You know, like engagment rings. Grown ups get those when they promise to get married, too." Sungyeol explained tapping his lip with his finger as he thought about what to use for the rings.

"Oh ...." Myungsoo was more than a little confused, the other seemed to know a lot more about grown-up things than he did. Sungyeol got up and walked over to where a patch of little blue flowers had been growing and knelt down, picking a few. "What're you doing?" he asked

"You'll see" Sungyeol grinned back at him and then returned back his attention back to what he was doing. after a minute or so Sungyeol got up and walked back over. "Gimmie your hand." The prince handed it to him and watched as the other slid a little flower ring down onto his finger. "Now you put mine on me." Sungyeol said, smiling brightly.

"O-okay" Myungsoo put the other ring on Sungyeol's finger and smiled proudly.

"Now it's a promise." Sungyeol giggled.

"Y-yeah" Myungsoo agreed.

 

 


 

 

HI HI HI WE'RE BACK!!!!!!! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧ 

We're so sorry for not updating lately, but we've both been super busy!  (੭ ˃̣̣̥ ㅂ˂̣̣̥)੭ु

But here is a short little chapter for you to enjoy! we really hope you liked this little myungyeol moment here!!!!!!!!

please let us know what you think! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

 

sincerely, allie-san and Kurisuchin <3