3/4

Shatter Me

Kyung Soo went to his home and directly walked to his room. His mom reminded him to have dinner but he didn't have any appetite right now. Everything about Eun Soo bothered his mind right now. Why was she crying before? Why she played the violin like she's hurt inside? Kyung Soo decided to try again. She must be strong enough to get out from her place to perform in cafe again. He needed to see her again even they separated just few hours ago.

"Mom. Can I go outside for a while?" Kyung Soo asked as his mom crooked her eyebrows in confusion.

"Where are you going?"

"I-I need to get a book from my friend. Can I?" Kyung Soo said and relieved to see his mom nodded.

He stormed outside and ran to the cafè. It was still 9 p.m. and she wouldn't be there until 11.

"Kyung Soo?" Luhan shocked to see Kyung Soo ran to the counter.

"Can you tell me more about Eun Soo?" Kyung Soo asked as Luhan's eyes widened.

"What happened?" Luhan asked.

"Don't let her alone. She broke the strings on her violin and her cheek hurt because of the strings," Kyung Soo said as Luhan shocked to hear that.

"I will keep my eyes on her," Another voice heard as Kyung Soo stared at Sehun in gratefulness.

"Thank you, Luhan hyung, Sehun. I need to go back now," Kyung Soo said as Luhan and Sehun nodded.

"Worrying much," Sehun said.

"Too much, Sehun," Luhan corrected.

"Guess we witnessed the weirdest love story ever," Sehun chuckled.

Kyung Soo returned and said that his friend wasn't coming so he headed upstairs to his bedroom again. He frowned to see the messy room with papers all over the place. Being the neat boy, he took all the papers and separated it specifically. He gathered the unimportant papers and shoved it right to the dust bin.

He was sick to all of this. So much.

***

Eun Soo opened her eyes. There was no way she would return to the faculty with her identity unleashed. She growled in frustation and took her violin. After examined it, she unattached all the strings and replaced it easily. She realized that she didn't have the perfect pitch and needed Luhan and Yixing to do it.

The girl packed her violin and went outside. It almost her time to perform again. She entered the cafè just to find Luhan led her to a chair.

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked gently.

"I'm fine. What's wrong?" Eun Soo asked as someone touched her left cheek as she whined.

"Yaah Sehun!" Eun Soo bragged as they recognized the wounds.

"Let Yixing fixed your strings and we'll performing well. Sehun, make her a cup of warm tea," Luhan said as Eun Soo stunned.

"Aye Aye sir," Sehun replied and went back to kitchen as Luhan walked to the microphone while the people began to fill in the cafè also Jongin quickly entered her order to Sehun.

Eun Soo realized and confused on how they found out that her strings broke. Kyung Soo must came here before and told them. She was sure because there was nobody beside him.

"I will be fine," Eun Soo said as Luhan took the cup from Sehun and handed her the cup.

"You are not. Will you tell us about your problem?" Luhan asked as Eun Soo choked.

"I'm sorry. But I can't. Besides, you guys will know soon and I need to go away from here. Far away," Eun Soo said as Sehun who heard it stunned to load the longest sentence he ever heard from Eun Soo's mouth.

"What do you mean by that?" Luhan said as he recognized some people who came into the cafè pointed at Eun Soo.

"They knew," Eun Soo hissed.

"That's her! Really her!" A person said as everyone stared at Eun Soo.

"That is the missing daughter of the famous conductor in Wina, Mr. Vandora!" another one shouted as every employees in the cafè shocked to hear that.

"Is it true?" Tao was the one who brave enough to ask.

"It's ing true and I need to go away," Eun Soo said as she stood up and went without any words.

"Where's she going?!" a female asked.

"Oh she's so talented," another one commented because she saw her performed before.

"But why is she here?" Sehun asked to Luhan who shook his head.

Yixing and Joonmyeon shocked as they sat quietly to load the fact. Tao and Jongin went back to serve the customers in endless confusion.

***

Kyung Soo stared at the television in his room and decided to turn it on. He kept switching the channel until a news made him dropped all things that he hold, including his precious nachos snack.

"We are here reporting from International Gate in Incheon where the famous conductor visited South Korea! Mr. Vandora! Some news said that he's here to find his missing daughter, Park Eun Soo who ran away to South Korea. We will inform the details later. Reporting from International Gate of Incheon Airport, Kim Hyemi and Han Jung Sin."

Kyung Soo's jaw dropped to see a childhood photo attached on the screen after the news. The girl looked exactly like the young version of Eun Soo. Now he's understood. She didn't want to be found. Something must be happened before and that's why she didn't want to meet her father. He jumped from his bed, pacing back and forth, how can he sneak out from the house to check on Eun Soo.

Wait a minute?

Why he cared so much?

Kyung Soo decided to go downstairs as he saw his mom watched the television too.

"That's why I don't like him to be a singer," Mrs. Do said through the phone line with her friend as Kyung Soo's heart ached.

He always wanted to be a singer and the dream wasn't vanishing away. Yes, he dreamt of being an owner of a medicine store as the investment but please, it wasn't his true intention in life. He would make it for the sake of his mom but after that, no, he wanted to be free.

"Mom, I gotta go," Kyung Soo braved himself as his mother stared at him weirdly.

"Where are you going? This is the second late night and you asked again?" His mother's stern tone made him shivered a little.

"I need to see a friend."

"Who is that? Minseok again?"

"No, the one who just reported in the news," Kyung Soo narrowed his eyes to wait for his mom's response.

"God! Kyung Soo! I told you long time ago not to deal with this music freaks! That girl must be a negative influence to you!

"I know mom. I'm sorry but I want to see her."

"Not a chance. Get upstairs and stay in your room."

"Not today," Kyung Soo grifted his teeth and clunched his fingers.

"You are not meeting that girl. So, go upstairs," Mrs. Do stood up and faced her son.

"For years, I obey you with all my heart. Yes, I will be your future pharmacist. Actually I'm sick of studying all of this but for you, I do study about it. So please, just this time, let me do things with my logic, my decisions, and my dream. Being a singer is my actual dream and it will be my dream forever. Someday, I will become one, in my own way. I'm going. I know that you're dissapointed with me but mom, I'm 22 years old and I'm mature enough to make decisions on where I should go," Kyung Soo ended his speech as Mrs. Do stunned, speechless because of the brave confession.

He made it. He said it all and his heart racing in happiness. His shoulders felt so light after all the burdened feelings on it. Now he needed to find Eun Soo, starting to her apartment.

Kyung Soo ran to her flat building and gasped to see the light on. He went upstairs and knocked the door.

"Who is that?" Eun Soo asked as Kyung Soo recognized the fear in her tone.

"It just me. Kyung Soo," Kyung Soo replied as Eun Soo's jaw dropped.

Eun Soo ran to open the door and pulled him inside to avoid the papparazi in case they found her place and snapped a photo at them.

"What are you doing here?" Eun Soo hissed.

"I saw the news."

"And?"

"Please Eun Soo. How about we make a deal? I tell you my problems and you tell me too,"

"Fine, I'm the daughter of Mr. Vandora but don't want to come back. He divorced my mom and we flied back to Korea. She worked hard to buy me a violin and helped me up to enter the audition to some child orchestra. I want to make her happy but to late. She's gone."

"I'm sorry. I really am," Kyung Soo said as Eun Soo's gaze went softer.

"So what's yours?" Eun Soo asked.

"I'm just an ordinary boy who will spend his life on creating and developing medicines. But in my heart, I always want to be a singer," Kyung Soo said as Eun Soo laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" Kyung Soo annoyed as he pouted.

"Just find it funny in an odd way. You can just join the art club."

"Stage fright."

"Then that's why you should said your sentences to yourself," Eun Soo concluded as Kyung Soo remembered about his message her.

"Then what's your plan?" Kyung Soo asked.

"I better embrace my hell," Eun Soo said as she glanced at her black electric violin case.

"Do you have the normal violin?" Kyung Soo asked because he rarely saw her brought her classic violin.

"I have it right here," Eun Soo led him to the corner and she took a red maroon violin case.

"Dusty."

"I rarely use it," Eun Soo said as she opened the case.

"Beautiful," Kyung Soo amazed by the brown wooden violin as Eun Soo took it.

"I never play this after my mom's funeral."

"Just play something," Kyung Soo said as Eun Soo chuckled and put her bow onto the strings.

Suddenly someone knocked the door harshly. Their eyes widened to hear noises in front of the room. Kyung Soo peeked from the curtained window and gasped to see flashes and cameras, despite by the amount of people in front of Eun Soo's room.

"Eun Soo?" Kyung Soo turned to see Eun Soo's face paler and she sat to calm herself down.

"What should we do?" Kyung Soo asked.

"You hide in the bathroom. I'm going. This is the spare keys," Eun Soo finally said as Kyung Soo hold her wrist.

"Are you sure?"

"One hundred percent sure. Bye, Kyung Soo," Eun Soo took her violins and opened the door.

She was bombarded with questions as she tried to walk downstairs. Kyung Soo quickly called someone because he knew, maybe it was the last time they met.

"Soo? Is there anything wrong?" Minseok answered his call.

"Eun Soo. She's leaving. Her father knew her flat and came with thousand of reporters," Kyung Soo said as Minseok's eyes widened, attracting weird glances from his friend.

"Where are you?"

"In Eun Soo's flat," Minseok shocked to hear that as he continued, "Okay we'll come get you after the reporters gone away. Please stay safe."

"I-I will."

"Is there anything wrong?" Luhan asked.

"Turn on the television. Now," Minseok said as Yixing reached the remote and turned it on.

"We are reporting on a flat building in Jeongdam street where the famous daughter of Mr. Vandora lives. As we can see that everyone anticipating this girl because she is missing for years until Mr. Vandora decided to search about her all over the world. You can see that she's walking down the stairs and stared at her father."

Everyone stunned to see Eun Soo, glared at her father who stood there beside the prestigious limo and watched the whole scene wide eyed.

"What a nice way to come," Eun Soo shouted sarcastically as the crowd froze to hear her words.

"It's nice to see you," Mr. Vandora replied as the butler opened the back door of the limo.

"I'm going with you in one condition."

"What is that?"

"Let me come to mother's grave," Eun Soo's answer made everyone gasped because of the sudden fact.

Mr. Vandora looked somehow shock to hear it as he nodded and Eun Soo entered the limo with her violins.

Tao switched off the television as everyone loaded the recent incident.

"She's gone," Yixing sadly said as Sehun and Jongin couldn't hold their tears.

"So her mother is passed away," Joonmyeon tried to get some conclusion.

"What should we do now?" Tao asked.

"We should go get Kyung Soo," Minseok said as everyone agreed.

They closed the cafe earlier and locked it. Every boys stormed to Eun Soo's flat building. Kyung Soo opened the door after he heard knocks behind. His phone rang and he picked it up.

"Soo? Where are you?" Chanyeol asked as Kyung Soo signalling everyone to come inside.

"What's wrong?" Kyung Soo asked.

"Your mom is looking for you," Chanyeol answered.

"I'm in Eun Soo's flat room," Kyung Soo said as Chanyeol shouted in shock as another voice heard.

"Are you okay? Why are you there?" Baekhyun took Chanyeol's phone.

"We'll be right there in minutes. Just text me the address, okay? Please let us come too," Chanyeol said that because he know how introvert Kyung Soo was about his problem.

"I will text you right away," Kyung Soo said as he ended the call and typed it.

"Who's that?" Yixing asked.

"Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They're on their way here," Kyung Soo answered as Minseok recognized that two boys.

"We should wait for them," Luhan said as everyone started to looked around the flat.

"She has a piano," Yixing said as he uncover a sheet covered a piano and tried it on. "Tuned well."

"Soo?" a baritone voice heard as Kyung Soo went towards the door.

Baekhyun hugged Kyung Soo right away and he broke in tears. Chanyeol patted Kyung Soo's head softly, trying to calm him down as everyone watched in sadness.

"So, hello, my name is Chanyeol and this is Baekhyun and it's a coincidence to meet you here, Minseok hyung," Chanyeol introduced himself and Baekhyun.

"We maybe can see her in television for days," Joonmyeon said as everyone realized and Jongin stormed to take the remote.

***

Eun Soo opened the limo door and went to a cemetery with her father following behind. His face was pale in shock and disbelief. She ran to a grave and stared at her mom's.

"Look what you've done," Eun Soo hissed as Mr. Vandora kneeled in front of the grave.

"I'm sorry, Eun Soo," Mr. Vandora said as Eun Soo mocked a laugh.

"Who do you think you are? Leaving my mom and make her suffer a lot. And you think that I'll call you as my father? Stack it as your dream," Eun Soo said as Mr. Vandora stood up.

"I understand that well. But still, you are my daughter and my responsibility. Tell me what you want and I'll make it up to you," Mr. Vandora replied.

"Don't even go near me. I will make my own career. Starting for some audition to enter one orchestra in Wina and the others too. Don't even mention me as your daughter again until I prove myself," Eun Soo said as Mr. Vandora nodded.

That way, Eun Soo went to Wina. She searched for a good teacher and found a good one near her living place. To support her everyday life, she worked at a cafè as the violinist too. Eun Soo was lucky to get a nice members in the band that she joined.

"Bye Eun Soo," Mark, one of her band member who played the guitar waved goodbye as Eun Soo replied.

She walked along the street until a poster made her gasped in happiness. One of the most prestigious orchestra opened an audition and tomorrow was the last day. How come she didn't look at this poster before?

"Philharmonic, I'm coming," She smiled as she thought about the songs to play along the way home.